Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to calculate profit  (Read 1442 times)
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:28:47 AM

Buy - 10K USD
Sell - 11K USD
10% profit or 1K profit
minus fees

true profit.
This example will make you understand how to calculate you profit when you trade, compared with the example you created. So, bitcoin trading is almost the same as buying and selling goods, but in bitcoin you take advantage of the bitcoin price volatile to make a profit. Learn more about trading, with the creation of this thread I'm sure you do not understand how to trade.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:47:30 AM

Nothing. There is no profit if you sell at the price as you bought it. There are lose money if you do that. Always remember that there are fees when you transfer so the $100 you use will be lessen if you sell the same.  You will only profit if the btc price will go up. Enough with the computations guys. We all know that its not the right thing to do. Even if he earned a small amount, its just luck. Why not sell it a bit higher? or just HODL it until the price goes up. Then sell higher than its original price. Its bad business if you keep on doing that.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:52:25 AM

I didn't get you, it's just a simple math even you have been taught in your math classes. You should learn how you can maximize your money making while trading so you have to learn about the candle graphs or how to read the charts, how to decide what price we should sell or buy depending upon the market history or judging your decisions while understanding the real demand and supply in the market of that particular cryptocurrency the more you trade the more experience you will gather and eventually the more profit you going to get so don't hesitate to make mistakes.
i dont know from where OP came from,talking just a single trading calculation and cant even compute hes own earning.may OP has a lot of things to do before trading better finish all your homework first because trading is more riskier than what you think,and since computation make it harder from you,so what more in the future than you will earn more and more
Sakash

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:01:43 AM

The total profit is higher than the purchase price. Net profits are available in addition to the indirect income added to the total profit of the business and excluding indirect expenses from it. This is how to calculate the profit.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Oh come on,  what kinda question. I think you knew the answer then what profit you wanna calculate for? If you have a little faith for buying btc you don't have to do it,  it will just waste your time.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:05:40 AM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?

Calculating profit is quite easy. Basing on your example, you can't say you want to calculate profit, but losses instead.

Why? Because you bought $100 when the price is $10,400 then you sold your 100 minus transaction fees (so basically that would be a little less than a hundred dollars already) when the price is also 10,400.

Profit = (the conversion of the cuerent price, e.g. $500 at the price of $15,000/btc) - (how much you bought e.g $100 at the price of 10,400/btc + transaction fees)

fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:34:05 AM

I am somewhat confused by this question. I think you are already losing money, you lose money because of lost time, thoughts and transfer fees.
destroyer01

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:10:06 PM

When starting up a new business,owners often have to prepare a business plan outline that includes financial,operating and sales projections.Because business owners need startup financing and lenders want to review the business plans before they commit any of their money to the startup
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:22:39 PM

From the sale price take away the purchase price. The resulting number will be the result of this trade.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:40:02 PM

Profit = output - input
              $104 -$100
            = $4
You earned $4 within that certain period of time. Smiley Willing to be corrected if i'm wrong.

I don't think he has made any profit going by what he has put forward. He has $100 and invested in unit of $10.400 and also resold in such price,  therefore, he made no profit. In fact he lost because in this business of transfer and receive, you are always charged for every transaction made as transaction fees.

Or, maybe his post is incomplete and not clear enough.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:41:33 PM

I am somewhat confused by this question. I think you are already losing money, you lose money because of lost time, thoughts and transfer fees.
The one who post this does'nt know what he is doing. Before we enter the world of trading we should be knowledgeable about on what amount of profit can we get. We should learned the process and we should always calculate the profit that our effort is all worth it.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:42:55 PM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?

If you study math, 1x1 is equal to 1. Then look at your statement, $10,400-$10,400 has nothing to gain. Asking for profit with this dumb question is nonesense.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

if you invest 100 $, and you want to make a profit, this is very easy, you have to target how much profit should be earned. and if you want to invest short term you always have to buy and sell and if you buy at 10,400 $, and you should sell it at 11,000 $ / 12.000 $, and this will make you profit.
RoolBi

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:00:17 PM

if you invest 100 $, and you want to make a profit, this is very easy, you have to target how much profit should be earned. and if you want to invest short term you always have to buy and sell and if you buy at 10,400 $, and you should sell it at 11,000 $ / 12.000 $, and this will make you profit.
right . If you invest in the right way then you will definitely make a profit. And you should overcome your greed. You need to set the goal of how much profit you will sell. Do not be greedy over this will lead to failure.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:10:00 PM

If you study math, 1x1 is equal to 1. Then look at your statement, $10,400-$10,400 has nothing to gain. Asking for profit with this dumb question is nonesense.
Such a dump really. Even kids understand it that it isn't profit but loss in fact, you paid fees twice. One while you invested and the other on withdrawal.
This is totally a wrecked trading. This situation will happen to impatient individual or the one who has invested only for a short term and then want to get rid of trade. Everyone here is not a successful trader because the fear to loss is always there in some people. If you can't overcome your emotions don't come to trade.  Wink
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:10:21 PM

your profit is seen from what percentage increase in price you have purchased. if the price increase reaches 10% and you buy it with $ 100 then your profit is $ 10
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

I don't really get what you meant, so you put 100$ while the price was 10,400$ and you bought (~0.0096 BTC ), then sold your bitcoins for the same price (10,400$) and got your money back? But as every exchanger have own commission, usually around (0.1%) so you lost around 0.2% or 100$*0.002=0.2$. So, your total profit is -0.2$
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:19:50 PM

P=TR-TC
Wherein, P stands for profit, TR is for Total Revenue and TC is for Total Cost.
Let say you have $200 capital and you invest in the coin with its price $200 per coin. Fortunately, the coin moves up to $600 per coin.
Solution:
P=600-200
P=$400
By the way, the formula can apply in real computation of profits in other investment such as businesses.
P.S. we cannot see your profit in your situation because the price of the coin you've put is constant. You will not gain or lose when the price does not change.
This is the best way to earn profits in business, it was thought during economic class. So far, I could say that it can be applicable with bitcoin investment. However, I think the equation you had put is quite general and in form of aggregating the marginal cost and revenue. Bitcoin profits can simply computed the way you buy the coin to the moment you have sell your bitcoin.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:22:00 PM

If you buy at as low(!) as $10,400 and then sell it as high(!!) as $10,400 then you are not making any profit dear. You are just wasting time and paying the transaction fees. I think you have mistakenly entered the same value in both buying price and selling price. It's not hard to calculate your profit. You need to select a single currency at first. Then count how much you have and then count how much you have after you make the sell. The difference is your profit. Of course you need to calculate the expenses between them.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

Your question is hard to answer. Because you invest 100$ under 10,400$ then you will sell it immediately?? Or you hold it? Because if you hold it your profit will be depend on the market price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: