Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you follow trading advice from crypto influencers?  (Read 1245 times)
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:22:41 AM

I mostly go with my guts and sometimes I gather comments from bitcointalk and sift the ones I deem helpful out. Some of the crypto influencers get paid to post on behalf of some projects and that shields their candid views about the project sometimes. Read enough books and gather experience from personal experience, that's the best.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:32:55 AM

I mostly go with my guts and sometimes I gather comments from bitcointalk and sift the ones I deem helpful out. Some of the crypto influencers get paid to post on behalf of some projects and that shields their candid views about the project sometimes. Read enough books and gather experience from personal experience, that's the best.
In this forum, we can get good advices in different individuals and I followed them because the strategies they have are legitimate.But in this matter, we all know they have different suggestions/advices so better to choose some option because it would be difficult to decide for us.
BTCHadzija

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:34:16 AM

in stocks, it's fine to follow the advice of a licensed professional. But, crypto isn't stocks and there are no certificates or degrees in crypto investing Tongue.

that said, there are some reliable ones that the crypto community has come to trust.

PBC is one such group, their recommendations always pan out in the end. There are some good TA analysts like cryptorand.

So I would just do research and see what someone's past calls are. See what the general community thinks about them.

Cryptorand makes some great calls and there's much to learn from him - but as always, don't rely completely on others and DYOR
alizalela7

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:46:32 AM

There are a lot of things to learn in trading. The most important thing is to keep your wallet and remember your password and address and remember to double check the information to eliminate it. In case you get a mistake
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:04:33 AM

Most I trust on my analysis and work according to my plan but I see what influencers say about the other coin and after that, I do my analysis on that coin again and if I like that coin then only I buy them.
Most of the crypto influencers I see in twitter and youtube are either paid or just shilling the coins they bought so that they can have their profits sooner. There are times though when I can learn from them about some strategies but I don't immediately follow their advice and study the coin. Those influencers are a big help though in knowing what coins are trending at the moment so that I know what coins has a possibility of pumping in the next few days or even hours. Although there is already pre-pump, there is a possibility that it will be pump more.

Researching about the coin is a big help too in deciding whether the coin is worth it to buy or not but sometimes all it takes is taking a look at the chart and see the movements of the candles. You will get familiarized with the movements. I am not at the point yet when I can recognize an accumulation of a whale but I really wanted to be at that point.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:57:46 AM

I think that the cryptocurrency market us unique, because many investors don't understand blockchain technology.  So they rely upon experts on YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram for information, analysis, and advice.  As a result, we have the phenomenon of crypto influencers.  Some are reputable, like Carter Thomas of Coin Mastery, but others are not.  What's your opinion on Crypto influencers?  Are they good for this market and the cryptocurrency movement?  Do you take advice from them?  And who's good to follow?
I will never follow their advice. Remember, all of them are sharks and we are just small fish. They can scam you to make a profit from the pump and dump.
Be careful with the advice and guesswork of the sharks. Those voices are worthless and I advise you not to believe it....
Yeah they give suggestions could be for their own benefit or just trick you, but not all traders give wrong suggestions, so don't directly follow their advice, you should verify the data / suggestions they provide and use your own calculations, use their advice only as a reference not to be followed directly..
BTCHadzija

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:04:37 PM
Merited by Ferki (2), big_daddy (1)

I think that the cryptocurrency market us unique, because many investors don't understand blockchain technology.  So they rely upon experts on YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram for information, analysis, and advice.  As a result, we have the phenomenon of crypto influencers.  Some are reputable, like Carter Thomas of Coin Mastery, but others are not.  What's your opinion on Crypto influencers?  Are they good for this market and the cryptocurrency movement?  Do you take advice from them?  And who's good to follow?
I will never follow their advice. Remember, all of them are sharks and we are just small fish. They can scam you to make a profit from the pump and dump.
Be careful with the advice and guesswork of the sharks. Those voices are worthless and I advise you not to believe it....
Yeah they give suggestions could be for their own benefit or just trick you, but not all traders give wrong suggestions, so don't directly follow their advice, you should verify the data / suggestions they provide and use your own calculations, use their advice only as a reference not to be followed directly..

Here's how I see it:

most of ''Crypto-twitter'' is doing a good job at providing good quality info and calling out people who spew bullshit - it's also a breeding ground for ''send me ethereum to get more back'' scams and I hope nobody is stupid enough to fall for these

reddit got flooded with memes and I think that it literally serves just to keep the dumb money in the game. Most of the people who join the crypto space do so at times when there's a lot of hype around it, like last december/january - all of those people were thought to ''just hodl'' and I fell for that at first too - then I thought about it. why? Because there's people out there who want to capitulate on your lack of trading knowledge - those people buy at ATH and hold all-throughout drops after drops until they've lost about 80% of their portfolio - and eventually weak hands are going to give in, or at least the majority of them. So what do smart people get from this? A bunch of dumb money influx who are ready to buy coins at prices that are well overpriced - until they sooner or later give up and sell them back to those same people at a 5x smaller prize. Rinse and repeat.

Nothing beats knowledge and understanding of the markets
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:53:51 AM

I think that the cryptocurrency market us unique, because many investors don't understand blockchain technology.  So they rely upon experts on YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram for information, analysis, and advice.  As a result, we have the phenomenon of crypto influencers.  Some are reputable, like Carter Thomas of Coin Mastery, but others are not.  What's your opinion on Crypto influencers?  Are they good for this market and the cryptocurrency movement?  Do you take advice from them?  And who's good to follow?

Of course I am following the advice of them they are analyzing it for a living. They are successful in this thing so they are sharing the things they have been through. But of course not all of it are applicable to everyone most of them are opportunities that are given to them by a luck and not all of us can be given that thing but still most of their advices are helping me in to my quest to become a successful trader. I hope you are gollwing them too all of them are worth to follow just know the good and a bad thing.
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:10:32 AM

If user is a newbie in this trading world. Relying to one of the best influencer in crypto will be good for them. At first they dont enough knowledge to do own analysis, so watching in a proffesional tutorial is will build own techniques time for time. Doing this for long will make you knowledgeable can do it even no help from the other
Birdiebig

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:18:07 AM

Sure. For me, keeping track of some of the world's most famous merchants for the crypto market is a must. Because they have the vision, knowledge of crypto and they have the ability to analyze the market is very effective and reasonable. I always listen to their opinions and advice as a priority in the market. @Dony Crypto and @Crypto Yoda are 2 of the people I respect and love their ideas.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:31:12 AM

If user is a newbie in this trading world. Relying to one of the best influencer in crypto will be good for them. At first they dont enough knowledge to do own analysis, so watching in a proffesional tutorial is will build own techniques time for time. Doing this for long will make you knowledgeable can do it even no help from the other
what is some of the best is just by having atleast some people that may guide you and if not work it by yourself some of the best is when you are make some effort to learn how are you going to trade there is a lot of way to learn just be take it serious watch some videos may help you to go throughout and read article.
gogrowglow

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:49:50 AM

Keep track of some of the world's most famous merchants in the crypto market, those influencers are a big help though in knowing what coins are trending at the moment so that you know what coins has a possibility of pumping in the next few days  or even hours. Although there is already pre-pump, there is a possibility that it will be pump more,  BUT make  your own judgement, intellectual analysis and research, and experience will get you a good profit. I am not saying that other's people references are not reliable, however, sometimes people who are influential on crypto trading are just using their name to pump or make profit of their own analysis and coin announcement.  Best of all is follow your intuition,  you have still the last say on this matter because obviously it's you money.
almaerk08

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:53:59 AM

Keep track of some of the world's most famous merchants in the crypto market, those influencers are a big help though in knowing what coins are trending at the moment so that you know what coins has a possibility of pumping in the next few days  or even hours. Although there is already pre-pump, there is a possibility that it will be pump more,  BUT make  your own judgement, intellectual analysis and research, and experience will get you a good profit. I am not saying that other's people references are not reliable, however, sometimes people who are influential on crypto trading are just using their name to pump or make profit of their own analysis and coin announcement.  Best of all is follow your intuition,  you have still the last say on this matter because obviously it's you money.

I think it is better to read some advice from the experts. They give you tips on what to do and what not to do. But in the end, it is still you who can make the best judgement. It is all up to you if you follow them or not. The most important thing I think is you do your best and keep track of how you money went.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:02:34 AM

What cryptocurrency influencers and experts says most time do come to pass, so now I am seeing them as cryptocurrency prophet. I believe what they say and dance to their tone of music. Some times I wonder where they get this information from. Since January an influencer predicted that the market will be good by April and we all see what happen in April.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:32:33 AM

I don't think it is the right thing to do that , It is not healthy for the market to get played by some famous abuser , I have unfollowed all of those guys from my twitter and I hope everyone else does that , They take their power by the people , If we united they wouldn't have any follower to affect on the market .
I'd rather to follow my mind and lean on myself , yeah I see videos from youtubers only to increase knowledge not to follow blindly whatever they say .

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Lizzardis

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:41:03 AM

We always should keep in mind that they can pursue their own interests and now it can be buying BTC for as low as possible.
I can say that in 2018 all these assertments doesn't bother anyone. Even Consensus that was overall positive, couldn't affect the situation. We now need more than bare predictions
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:53:04 AM

I think that the cryptocurrency market us unique, because many investors don't understand blockchain technology.  So they rely upon experts on YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram for information, analysis, and advice.  As a result, we have the phenomenon of crypto influencers.  Some are reputable, like Carter Thomas of Coin Mastery, but others are not.  What's your opinion on Crypto influencers?  Are they good for this market and the cryptocurrency movement?  Do you take advice from them?  And who's good to follow?
When I had just joined this world, I used to look up to the influencers across social media - Twitter, Facebook, Telegram. I had also subscribed to tens of crypto blogs and people like Ian which were known to give good signals and trading advice.
Once I matured a bit in this market, I slowly stopped referring to them since majority of things are controlled by whales and these influences do not stand a chance there.
My suggestion to every newcomer out there would be to follow these channels initially when they are in the learning phase and once they understand the market well, they should move away from these sources to their own intuition.
BTCHadzija

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

I actually follow some cryptocurrency influencers however I don't rely on their judgement on which coins they vie for instead I compare their coins to my own coins which I am holding and see if we are on the same page. If what they explain about a certain coin is somewhat the same as my understanding then I'd go for that coin and invest them or trade them.

This is a great way to go about it in my opinion - use other people's ideas only to confirm your own ideas. Never completely rely on anybody in this space. 
feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:18:49 AM

I'm leaving adivces from other experts about a year ago, that was bad experience for me and my money. My skill don't increased by that, and sometimes I've got loss on that
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:28:21 AM

All crypto influencers have a hidden agenda. Nobody shills a coin or a trade without being personally invested in it. I always take their advice with a grain of salt and always do my own research before taking it seriously or acting upon it. That being said, their shills usually make the price go up, so you can make some quick buck if you act upon their advice sooner than others. If you already see a big green dildo by the time you hear about it, it's already too late.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: