Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYCs (Know your Client) is killing crypto  (Read 662 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:41:26 PM

KYC or Know your customer is not kilking crypto. I don't see anything bad or negative about this. This KYC is for protection for anti money laundering and scammers. If this way will keep me safe, i'll accept it.
If an exchange is asking for your private documents they have the responsibility to keep your identity secure and how are you sure that they are keeping it safely in the context where you are hearing exchanges being hacked and loosing their coins, how what guarantee is there that they will be protecting your documents when they cant even protect the coins they are holding, we need to have a combination of everything and you cannot run a business without following the rules and so exchanges are forced to ask for the documentations.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:53:42 PM

I agree with that. Bitcoin as defined and invented by satoshi aims to be a anonymous payment method. If those company is requiring personal data of its customer, one of the main essence of bitcoin is altered. And by the way, that is even a policy that is imposed by the government and not the wallet provider or trading platform wants. And since it is required by the government it is no far that the government could use those information to track someone they want. I hope there are firm that will not follow those KYC or will impose a great one way part of knowing their customer and not sharing those information no matter what.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:55:31 PM

When I was starting to get involved in crypto-currency, one of its features that attracts me is the privacy it gives you. Now with all those KYC being required in exchanges and in ICOs and other platforms, some people are beginning to be hesitant in their activities in crypto.

Well almost all ICO right now needs the investor to verificate their KYC nowdays especially when you invest with big amount of coins. I think it's because the regulation and the ICO/project owner won't break the laws. What i hate is when bounty participants needs to fill the KYCs too which is nonsense for me.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:58:21 PM

When I was starting to get involved in crypto-currency, one of its features that attracts me is the privacy it gives you. Now with all those KYC being required in exchanges and in ICOs and other platforms, some people are beginning to be hesitant in their activities in crypto.

KYC or Know your customer is not kilking crypto. I don't see anything bad or negative about this. This KYC is for protection for anti money laundering and scammers. If this way will keep me safe, i'll accept it.

But now there are a lot of people asking for KYC for everything that concerns about cryptos, and that is shit, no one likes to give your personal information just for giving out some money, that is absurd.

KYCs are a must for ICO's, but not for anything else.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:01:09 PM

It's true, it goes against the philosophy of cryptomony and anonymity. Especially since this data can be sold to a malicious third party... But it probably allows more security with big exchanges, even if everyone can give a false identity...
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:19:34 PM

Somehow, I also disagree with the system that requires us to do KYC. And in fact, almost everything now has to be with KYC first. I got scared because of this KYC, even though I don't know my data would be misused or not.

leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:30:07 PM

I agree! I would never submit my very personal details to any random ICOs just in order to get a couple of tokens. And even if the ICO and KYC happen to be legit, there is always a chance of poor security and theft.
jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:43:01 PM

I think KYC thing will give crypto space some problems. Wether we like it or not but some criminals doing transactions comfortably in the crypto-space. Through KYC, at least some of them  may traced.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:52:42 PM

KYC is not encouraging lots of investors as we all want to keep our privacy in the real world,to avoid any form of interferance with our Private life.If I believe in abproject and its require KYC for its investor,will still go for it.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:12:51 PM

Checking KYC is a very unpleasant procedure, which, if possible, should be avoided. Investors may not buy tokens in the ICO campaign, which tries to get your personal information from you. We can also apply only to decentralized exchanges and exchangers that do not require the provision of such data. If many will do so, centralized exchanges and exchangers will decline.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Haiduongbg

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 07:24:11 PM

I disagree with your opinion. KYC is facilitating the wide adoption of cryptocurrency. If there's no KYC procedure, I'm 100% sure that governments will do whatever it takes to destroy crypto, so most ppl will not invest into it because they're afraid of punishments. KYC procedures elevate crypto to the next level of adoption, otherwise crypto will only be used by some geeks and criminals.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:27:53 PM

Well almost all ICO right now needs the investor to verificate their KYC nowdays especially when you invest with big amount of coins. I think it's because the regulation and the ICO/project owner won't break the laws. What i hate is when bounty participants needs to fill the KYCs too which is nonsense for me.
I can understand why people participating in bounty campaigns are forced to fill their know your customer  forms simply because there are people abusing it and if some companies are asking then you have the choice whether to participate in them or not, so you have the choice and these projects must follow the laws of their parent country too.
MystereToy

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:29:57 PM

Any new project need investors. In an early contribution process of a project, KYC forms can help companies in gathering enough contributors and allow the project to grow as they will be more confident.

If you want to keep your privacy, you can always get somebody else to fill the form and transfer your crypto to whatever wallets that person owns. The transfers are hardly traceable so they wont find you but i don't really see the point of not filling those forms if you believe in a project.

Regarding Exchanges, this is an other story ...

kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:10:17 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 05:57:48 AM by kimochidesh

That's true...one of USP's of Cryptocurrency is that it is anonymous but transparent. Now with KYC form anonymity feature is shattered. Many people invest in crypto because it provides them the financial anonymity freedom and global investment opportunity. Moreover providing Personal detail to someone who is not known is also a concern of personal security
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:58:57 PM

That's true...one of USP's of Cryptocurrency is that it is anonymous but transparent. Now with KYC form anonymity feature is shattered.

From the start, it was destroyed by the scammers which are creating fake projects thats why KYC and other regulations where implemented by some projects and governments. Banks already dont accept money from crypto because they dont want to involve in such scams.

freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:12:36 PM

KY can kill. The majority of users or holders of crypto prefer privacy. KYC is the last thing we need. The government wants the rule that they say for the protection of individuals to prevent criminal activity but the main reason is tax. Then they need KYC so we have to build hope on a decentralized exchange. Cool
laserfocused

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:47:30 AM

KYC is not killing crypto, bad icos were killing crypto.  Quality is the key.  People will bust through concrete for a high quality ICO and KYC will not be an issue.  I have experienced this first hand. Over-regulation could be a problem though, but its goes deeper than KYC
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:30:15 AM

Why would someone be hesitant if he's not doing illegal? Actually, it gives more credibility to the market and it helps us to prove that we are against money laundering and cryptocurrencies are not made to be used for drugs and other criminal activities.
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 04:15:54 AM

You shouldn't be  worried about KYC. We have this forum. Everything we need is here. Eventually these scam ICOs will disappear along with those exchanges exploiting the public.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:23:58 AM

Yeah. The value about bitcoin and cryptocurrency are decentralized and anonymous.
But it seems to be the government make a regulations about its security, so KYC needed to crypto holders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: