Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Threads Giving Away Merits - Updated 12 march 2018  (Read 1840 times)
Oulay (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:56:07 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 04:06:45 PM by Oulay
Merited by Stedsm (5), mprep (2), wiser (2), FlightyPouch (2), InvoKing (1), Gleb Gamow (1), BTCforJoe (1), bitperson (1)

Open:
Post Reviews:
sMerit Post-Review
Merit System Upgrade for Full members, Sr. members and Hero members only.
Topic & Post Review (Specific Areas) - sMerit to give
[ANN] The Utmost Epic, Totally Tubular sMerit Giveaway ~ 170 sM Available
Awarding Merit for the highest quality threads/posts
[Merit Review] sMerit Post Review (Running)
Point me to undermerited posts
Free Merit for quality post
vlad230's post review service - Jr. Member and up [OPEN]

Opens only on Wednesdays, only for members who have enough activity points to rank up:
sMerit for quality users [ Wednesday Challenge]

Altcoins Related:
New merit give away thread. For alt coin mining.
Altcoin Discussion Topic Review and sMerit Giveaway

Signatureless Challenge. If you think you are a good poster then join this challenge, everything you need to know is in this thread:
Joe's Signatureless Challenge: Win $25 ($10 for 2nd) + 8 Merits every week!

For reporting alts, merit abusers, rule breakers, etc. :
Joel_Jantsen's Merit Distribution Thread (Newbies Welcome)
Known Alts of any-one - A User Generated List Mk III (2018 Q1)

A Bitcoin Q&A, they ask, you answer. This is actually a pretty good thread to learn something new about bitcoin, give it a visit even if you're not here for the merits:
A simple bitcoin Q/A. Learn new and interesting stuff about bitcoin.
A Simple Bitcoin Q&A, if you're kinda new to bitcoin, then this is the best place for you:
Common Q&A about Bitcoin:Non-Technical Edition (Earn Merits)
Bitcoin Forum Puzzle, fun facts and merits! who would say no?
Bitcoin Forum Puzzle

Merits for creating art (image, gif, video...) that helps others understand Bitcoin or other related stuff:
sMerit for art !

Merits for providing certain information, like a guide on how to open a Lightning Network channel:
Provide information and receive merits from the most reputable source.

Rank-up Service, if you're messing one merit point to rank up then you've come to the right place! read the rules in the OP before you apply:
One (1) Merit point to Rank-up Service, Jr. to Hero Members Are Welcome

Temporarily Closed:
Post Reviews:
Anti-spam Merit Giveaway - For Junior Members Only - updated
Merit giveaway for Jr Members and newbies
Merit review free service (READ OP)
14 merit bonus for quality users [Jr to Sr. Member]
TMAN's Level up challenge.-- UPDATED... for Newbies and Jr. members only.
Awarding Merit for quality posts

Altcoins Related:
CLOSED Merit System Upgrade in Altcoin Section: Receive Merit from me
Merit point giveaway for alt coin miners Question to mod of altcoin mining.

I'll try to keep this list updated. If I missed a thread please post it in the replies, I'll be adding it asap.
Good luck on the merit hunt Grin

PS: Those threads are nice to get you started with a small merit boost, but you can't rely solely on them. If you really want to get merits, the best way is to get out there and participate in this forum Wink

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:43:01 AM

This system is pretty flawed if we need lists of threads giving away merit. If it was working as intended this type of thing would be unnecessary.

Good job though for putting this together. Sad it's needed at the moment.
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:32:53 AM

I've actually found that systems like this that will assess your historic posts and merit where appropriate have made me really think critically about what I want to post on and especially if I genuinely have anything to say. There are so many people on here that will just spurt out so much nonsense without a second thought or simply agreeing to a post without adding anything (maybe a like button would work for this, as meriting every post you agree with seems a bit much).

Bitcoin talk has become a plaster's radio of nothing posts that cover the interesting and informative base. The whole point of the merit system (unless im batshit insane) is to limit the amount of trash, one liners, and spam posts on here. People are embracing that idea in any way that they think will work. I don't have the merits throw around like some of the OPs of the listed threads but if i did i would start something similar. Let me see your last 10-20 posts and see if you are broadcasting news or spunk. If it prevents even 1% of people from jizzing all over the forum then isn't that another arrow in the merit systems quiver?

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 02:40:03 AM

To add to your list, here is another thread that gives merit based on merit-worthy posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3041356.msg31302356#msg31302356

Specifically for the altcoin discussion sub-forum.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
daviejoneslocker

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:13:55 AM

Thanks for creating this topic.
We will be able to direct users who are asking about where to get merits to your thread.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:25:01 AM

The topic of this thread is already covered here IMO: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2727673.0.
There are some differences though. Have you tried contacting the owner of that thread?
I do think the content can be merged.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:38:35 AM

This system is pretty flawed if we need lists of threads giving away merit. If it was working as intended this type of thing would be unnecessary.

Currently there is lot of competition because everyone is just focused on merits. Members will realize with time that it is going to take some time to rank up. Also, I think the senior members who have got more merit points bu default, do not have that much time to go through the posts of all members and choose some deserving ones. These threads are a good opportunity to at least get your posts read by them. One thing that I observed was that other members also award merits to quoted posts in these threads.
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:58:28 AM

I think it is good to visit those thread to gain merit points but there is a thread i see that many member giving merit and lots of members merit is came from this thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0 just try to look it if you want to get easy merit points. Also try to check the merits of some members posting in that thread.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:05:56 AM

I don't give any merit to people posting in those threads, and I don't respond to people asking me to review their posts. In fact sometimes I put them on ignore.

I've got my own standards for deciding on merit awards, and hopefully they aren't too far from the essential spirit of the forum. I feel that if you have to ask for merit, then I should consider the reason for your membership of this forum.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Oulay (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:25:51 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 01:58:17 PM by Oulay

I don't think that the problem is in the list itself but in the need for those threads in the first place. And as romanovst pointed out, not all members got the time to go through all the posts in the forums just to find a couple that they think are merit worthy, those will make it easier for everyone.
Imo, as long as it doesn't prevent the original posters from spending their sMerits outside those threads just to save it for them then it's OK.
Thanks by the way ^_^

-snip-
Added. *thumps up*

The topic of this thread is already covered here IMO: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2727673.0.
There are some differences though. Have you tried contacting the owner of that thread?
I do think the content can be merged.

I actually haven't, but I think each list serves a different purpose. On the other hand, half of the threads in my post aren't in the services board and I don't know if they are considered as services or not.

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
Oulay (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:57:08 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 01:23:04 PM by Oulay

I've actually found that systems like this that will assess your historic posts and merit where appropriate have made me really think critically about what I want to post on and especially if I genuinely have anything to say. There are so many people on here that will just spurt out so much nonsense without a second thought or simply agreeing to a post without adding anything (maybe a like button would work for this, as meriting every post you agree with seems a bit much).

Bitcoin talk has become a plaster's radio of nothing posts that cover the interesting and informative base. The whole point of the merit system (unless im batshit insane) is to limit the amount of trash, one liners, and spam posts on here. People are embracing that idea in any way that they think will work. I don't have the merits throw around like some of the OPs of the listed threads but if i did i would start something similar. Let me see your last 10-20 posts and see if you are broadcasting news or spunk. If it prevents even 1% of people from jizzing all over the forum then isn't that another arrow in the merit systems quiver?

Some members think such posts help sig spammers get their accounts to the next rank. Though I can't say I totally disagree with them, I do agree with you, because if it's done the right way with a careful check of post history it will really help discover some under-merited posts without giving those merits to undeserved members.

I don't give any merit to people posting in those threads, and I don't respond to people asking me to review their posts. In fact sometimes I put them on ignore.

I've got my own standards for deciding on merit awards, and hopefully they aren't too far from the essential spirit of the forum. I feel that if you have to ask for merit, then I should consider the reason for your membership of this forum.

Nice philosophy you get there, but it's a bit extreme  Tongue
Please, first put yourself in the place of a new comer that has been trying so hard just to get those 10 merits but failed to get any, the kinds of those threads may help new members start their way into these forums and eventually something good may come out of them Grin
In the end the most of these threads are giving merits in ones and twos which is not a big deal. The big amounts "up to 20" are for exceptional work.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

I have heard of a reputable merit source, a total beggar who is giving merits for information. here you can find his thread. thanks before lol.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2992219.msg30768523#msg30768523

🖤😏
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:19:18 PM

I don't give any merit to people posting in those threads, and... I feel that if you have to ask for merit, then I should consider the reason for your membership of this forum.

You have got your own principle and there isn't any harm in sticking to that. Others have got there's too. But don't you think it will be a case of insolence if threads asking for posters to submit none or under merited posts are ignored? You dont believe the OPs would feel slighted?

Well, I strongly believe that this merit issue is becoming annoying and the countless threads dwelling on it even make it look redundant. Perhaps, the mods should be at their top duty by deleting these threads.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

I am agree. I can't say my posts are so cool, but I saw many posts which deserved merit for sure, unfortunately I gave all of my sMerits already, but they just stayed without any attention and people need to use sources like in the OP to get some merits. What a pity, really Sad
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 07:05:41 AM

The system has only been active for a couple of months. Once all the default merit/sMerit dry up, there will be less of a need to filter through the bullshit topics/megathreads as the shitposters and sigspammers start killing themselves off of the forums.

It just needs time for the system to work; you'll see.

neferpitou

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:20:23 PM

thanks for this list. I should look forward earning some smerit by joining some listed.
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:36:54 PM

thanks for this list. I should look forward earning some smerit by joining some listed.

Looking at your posting history : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1626096;sa=showPosts , I do not see any benefit of you applying there. In fact, some of that threads have the condition that if you do not qualify they will put a comment on your profile that you are a spammer. So it will be better if you fist start improving the quality of your posts. Try to make 30-50 quality posts in different sections of this forum. This might require you to spend some time reading posts by other senior members first so that you can improve your writing skills. Also, try to post more detailed responses, currently you are posting just 10 words posts.
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:24:54 PM

OP can you add this one?

Bitcoin Forum Puzzle!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3103583

Thank you.
Currently looking for sponsors...
Oulay (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:43:33 PM

-snip-
Edit: This one was added when you posted but since I didn't reply to your post I thought I should mention it.

-snip-

Added, you're welcome.

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:26:10 AM

Let me add the one I created,
One (1) Merit point to Rank-up Service, Jr. to Hero Members Are Welcome.
I'll keep it open as long as I have sMerit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3108981

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: