Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is embarrassing. Need someone to help me. What a mess.  (Read 737 times)
campycoin (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:36:04 AM

First, I must say that I know for a fact that this is my doing and in no way am I saying that this is or must be happening to anyone else.  I've been using bitcoin for a year and have been using multibit for about the last 10 months.

I can say with confidence....  I have not lost a single satoshi.  I have had files moved back and forth between a USB stick and multibit.  I also used a portable hard drive for a short time, also imported json wallets from blockchain and then recently moved all my btc to cold storage.  Many of my wallets have small amounts in them still ($1-$5) but nothing major so now is the time I address the embarrassing fact that I'm a loser and have no idea what I've done.  By this I mean that I'm about to show you the most disgusting excuse for organization you have ever seen.  Someone needs to help me.  Here is where I need help...

1.  What the hell have I been doing wrong?
2.  How did this happen?

I know a few times, when I would pull my wallet off the usb, it may have copied but other than that, I thought I just let the system work.  What you see below isn't even the tip of the iceberg because the folders you see each have folders upon folders upon folders inside them.  (Can you tell the balls it took to post this?)

At first I thought well, I will just send as much btc as I can find to one wallet and delete everything else.  But then I started thinking that might not be the correct thing to do, especially if by chance, someone pays a public address that I will have deleted. So, someone... besides calling me a loser, can you tell me what the fuck I did over the last year?  What am I doing wrong and how can I recover from this?  Another thing, one of my log files is 371mb  .... NO TYPO 371mb  My notepad can't even open it.  So, please someone with a brain larger than my sunflower seed brain help me to understand how I fucked up so royally.

Last thing... at first I thought that if a wallet was named the same thing (ie multibit.wallet and multibit122520130255-030720140910.wallet) that they were just two different versions of the same wallet but that isn't true.  I have a multibit.wallet file with btc in it and maybe 10 trx and the multibit768678-873289723.wallet has a different amount in it and a completely different set of transactions.  Jeeezus I need a drink.   HELP

As I said, you'd cry if you saw what is inside each of those folders
I'm a disgrace to bitcoin

Any pointers, ideas, plans, directions, teachings, words of wisdom or suicide techniques will be apppreciated.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:11:22 PM

A lot of those wallets are auto generated backups. Beyond that, not sure what your question is. You lost track of your money?
campycoin (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:03:25 AM

A lot of those wallets are auto generated backups. Beyond that, not sure what your question is. You lost track of your money?

No, not at all.  My problem is the size of this folder now.  As stated I have one log that is a txt file that is 395 mb.  So, my question is, if I delete all this and start over, how do I keep it from happening again?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:18:58 AM

No, not at all.  My problem is the size of this folder now.  As stated I have one log that is a txt file that is 395 mb.  So, my question is, if I delete all this and start over, how do I keep it from happening again?

Backup the folder. Delete the log file. Google to see if there is something like log rotation for windows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: