Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:57:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and Cons of short-term crypto trading?  (Read 217 times)
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:05:02 PM

trading short-term in crypto is very risky, I do not guarantee that you will profit 10x if doing so. because the price is so vultuactive I have lost a lot of funds. but, it's my mistake that has passed and make me learn better after than

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:09:41 PM

Dear Pros,

Please advise if the short-term crypto trading makes sense and is worth it? What are the pros and cons? Is the risk to lose everything higher than traditional trading? Please share your personel experiences as crypto traders.

Thank you in advance.

short term trading like scalping is good strategy as long as you know how to enter and exit in the market and not be swayed by hypes and pumps of others.

the difference of short term to long term trading is you will miss the lowest low and the all time high of the certain coin because you are scalping in the middle. it is more risky because it requires a lot of entry and exit unlike long term trade once you get in, wait, then get out when you are satisfied.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:22:25 PM

Dear Pros,

Please advise if the short-term crypto trading makes sense and is worth it? What are the pros and cons? Is the risk to lose everything higher than traditional trading? Please share your personel experiences as crypto traders.

Thank you in advance.

Pros
You can earn profit at a short period of time
You can stop to cut loss or make profit any time you want
Leverage the capital investment

Cons
More risky than long term trading
Need more of your time to focus in trading
More pressure and its kinda more stress for a trade

buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 05:57:41 PM

You won't ever lose everything because things never really go to 0, or if they do you hope you would liquidate at some point before 0. It makes sense if you can understand TA, and are able to combine that with other market factors in order to make you money. What you have to ask yourself and be honest about is, do you have the skills necessary to do short-term trading? Because it isn't something you decide you want to do, like say investing long term in altcoins (completely different game).

leath08

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:00:17 PM

Pros would be the profit, crypto is volatile it moves quickly so you can make good profits.
Cons it takes a lot of time up, just as much as you can make good profit, you can quickly lose just as much money.
Day trading is hard, its not just easy to do you need to know what you are doing, i prefer to learn about a good coin and hold.
Each to there own
Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:04:27 PM

Pros would be the profit, crypto is volatile it moves quickly so you can make good profits.
Cons it takes a lot of time up, just as much as you can make good profit, you can quickly lose just as much money.
Day trading is hard, its not just easy to do you need to know what you are doing, i prefer to learn about a good coin and hold.
Each to there own
It is just like a gamble, sometimes you win a lot, sometime you lost a lot when you are doing a day trading or just a short term trading you should know how to control your money and your emotion, set an strategy, for example if you are doing short term and you have seen that the price is going low then don't sell it yet, wait for the right time.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:12:01 PM

When I try to trade in stock exchange , their value depend on global issue and the increment on range 0.1% - 5 %
After I try trade altcoin on crptocurrency ,their value still volatile and the increment is insane 2% - 20% in one day !

That's why you must prepare the worst when you decide to trade bitcoin !
Borisov

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:28:19 PM

If you are familiar with the term trading , and have an idea - then go ahead to the exchange. If you just want to get rich quickly, then most likely you will lose everything quickly. Start investing and learning coins . You need to think with your head. And less trust in the signals from analysts.
Carmen03

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:31:39 PM

There are specific short-term trading opportunities which an investor can take advantage: Many of these short term events tend to have limited upside supply demand imbalances during a trading session would usually normalize with the day , if not the next fee  hours . Investor will spend more time capturing these opportunities and often at the cost of charger portfolio turnover. In order to be successful when trading in this term length ,you must understand the benefits and challenges of what you're doing.Short term trading is the fact that your capital is only at risk for short period of time.
Purwal

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:00:30 AM

I prefer short term more though it may sound amateur  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes it lets you out and in when needed, so I think it's more effective. and it's strongly suggested if you arent a pro, just doing this part time.
buldogers

Activity: 232
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:24:09 AM

Short-term trading makes your investment a headache, because you'll always check the price and what's happening on the market from time to time. I suggest you hold your investment and it makes you not to worry on your investment, but there is also a disadvantage with holding you may end up losing your money because of the price volatility of bitcoin. 
laluna24

Activity: 511

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:47:31 AM

Pros and cons of short term crypto trading may varies on how you manage your coins. You may earned profit the way you handle your portfolio. But, this will also leads you to lose your coins so their is always risks. It can be profitable though and always checked your coins to get rid of lose.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:12:49 AM

I believe that in crypto trading, one should be able to provide flexible involvement in picking the right pair at right time and monitor the same, whereas in investing one can take his time to do research and invest as the time frame is much higher. I believe that trading is not everyone's cup of tea (like me). Even the smallest mistake can lose entire capital.
Shipitcinvova

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:07:23 AM

The forecast of the course is based on a theoretical assessment of various factors - popularity, development prospects and functional features of the crypto currency.
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:29:22 AM

The challenge for regulators, as always, is to develop effective solutions while at the same time not weakening the growth of emerging companies and markets.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: