Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teach me something I don't know about Bitcoin.  (Read 145 times)
cheefbuza (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:50:09 PM

Anything, from little facts to long complicated technology explanations.
I truly want to learn some interesting things from different people, I'm ready for surprises.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:58:12 PM

Do you want to know tips only about properties of bitcoin or facts about trading, investing, general tips are fine too?

Some general trading/investing pieces of advice:

1. After buying Bitcoins make sure to move them into your own personal wallet and never leave them at the exchange.
2. Never invest more than you are able to lose – Bitcoin is a very risky investment, in the end, you will probably earn more, that you invested, but better to be safe.
3. Avoid investing in cloud mining most of these companies are complete scams that will run away with your money and don't actually use it to mine Bitcoin.
4. Stay away from sites that claim they will double your bitcoins and/or give you daily interest on them.

Caesar Cung

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

Industry 4.0 is called Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:59:43 AM

Do you want to know tips only about properties of bitcoin or facts about trading, investing, general tips are fine too?

Some general trading/investing pieces of advice:

1. After buying Bitcoins make sure to move them into your own personal wallet and never leave them at the exchange.
2. Never invest more than you are able to lose – Bitcoin is a very risky investment, in the end, you will probably earn more, that you invested, but better to be safe.
3. Avoid investing in cloud mining most of these companies are complete scams that will run away with your money and don't actually use it to mine Bitcoin.
4. Stay away from sites that claim they will double your bitcoins and/or give you daily interest on them.

While it does hold true that this market is architectually different than any other market, the same fundamental principals behind this and every market are still at play. People.

If you can understand order flow analysis, coupled with sound technical analysis and don't turn into a prima donna every time a candle goes against you, you can and will make lots of money day trading using technical analysis.

In fact, I have found this market far easier to predict using just trendlines and fibs than forex. Which I use to trade professionally for 2 years.

That being said, if youre a newb, stick with long term analysis, because you can almost guarantee success. Day trading takes years of experience, turmoil, anguish, pain and the right mentors before you start to see success.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:07:45 AM

I truly want to learn some interesting things from different people, I'm ready for surprises.

It's almost impossible to get a private key from hardware or Web wallets. The only way to be in control of your very own private key is to create a cold wallet using the latest release of bitcoin core.

You need both a btc address and a Segwit address in order to be in full control of how you want to send and receive your btc.

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
shjd2019

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:14:28 AM

You can browse more about Bitcoin's websites, forums, blogs, and Twitter. There are many interesting ideas and opinions on these media platforms, and you will gain a lot.
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:19:52 AM

Maybe you should use the search box first before asking anything if cant find it out in search box then we are here to answer your queries, search for the fundamentals or you can start buy reading the 9 pages white paper of bitcoin.
here is the link: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:58:22 AM

It is also colloquially referred to as "Bitcorn", as illustrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdEwv381Z0&feature=youtu.be&t=3283

...but yeah this is an old (dead?) meme that I doubt many of the newcomers are aware of lol. The more you know.

kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:05:06 AM

others can't help you that much only your self can help. well in this forum a lot of information can be read what you have to do is read and learn from it. you can start reading in your local board.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:09:55 AM

The first thing you should look for is an understanding for your knowledge.
knowledge you can get from many readings from various references. you can search for it in this forum by trying to discuss and investigate every post in every thread.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:15:20 AM

I only understand one thing from the bitcoin and thats, it is best way to to transact as compared to the banking system. When transact through my bank the transactions are completely visible to people around me, it can be tracked by the government and it is also taxed heavily. While in my country bitcoin being illegal tender is not under radar by government due to insufficient regulations for the same. So I get the advantages of transiting through bitcoin. I can be anonymous and I can send funds to my friends and family with full confidence and that too with no extra taxes. This way I can earn online and I can spend online with the help of bitcoin.

That is how I know bitcoin but I am not keen in terms of its technological aspects. So I just expressed the fact which I love about it.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:19:34 AM

you will never learn much by asking random questions. the knowledge is not something small and limited so that you can learn it just like that. there are so many different topics that can be covered, but where to start?

think about which topic you want to learn (for example is it basics, mining, cryptography, ....) then start using Google. all the information you want to learn is already out there. and there is a 99% chance that someone already asked it, you can find the answers on either the bitcoin wiki or stackoverflow websites.

Only Bitcoin
R21

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:28:29 AM

If you want to learn about bitcoin and how can you use that means trading holding then you need to learn more about marketplace and need a guide about it's for you. this forum also can help you about any kinds of bitcoin related answers. learn more from this forums various sections posts and answers.
dragon fire

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:39:23 AM

honestly here I can be likened babies who are starting to crawl. before I start running what is bitcoin, I have little idea what bitcoin is. but I am not yet fully familiar with what bitcoin is. and I hope maybe one day I can live it. for that I hope once more that anyone can tell me what I do not know yet. so that the future can be even better
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: