Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:42:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitQuick.co is donating 25% of October revenue for Breast Cancer Awareness Month  (Read 2341 times)
BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

BitQuick.co - Buy Bitcoin in 3 Hours, Guaranteed!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 03:03:49 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 11:19:43 PM by BuyBitcoin.US

Hi all,

Just wanted to make the Bitcoin community aware of BitQuick.co's promotion next month.

This will be posted on the new BitQuick.co blog, which will be launched shortly

BitQuick.co has teamed up with two charities, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Zero Cancer, to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

25% of the 2% buyer fee (.5% of each BTC purchased) will go toward the donation total, which will be tallied from October 1st to October 31st, 2013. At the end of the month, the sum will be split into two (50% each) and given to The Pink Ribbon Girls and ZeroCancer

A little bit about each of the charities:

PinkRibbonGirls- Pink Ribbon Girls is an organization run in the Cincinnati region that provides support to breast cancer survivors and their families. We heard about the organization and believe it is a great way to make an immediate impact to families today, as opposed to waiting for research money to help out humanity down the road.

ZeroCancer- Zero Cancer is a national nonprofit organization with the mission to end prostate cancer. Zero Cancer has shown a great record of transparency on finances, which was an extremely important factor for us when choosing our two charities.

Want to donate without buying BTC? All donations sent to 1PinkGMRRhPyMjjR4UFDCwgSEFEneByoyG will also be donated at the end of the month, and added to the total sum shown above.

Check out our new homepage! We've gone pink for October!

Official forum thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262082.new#new
Check us out! View our current sell orders or Place a sell order yourself!
BitQuick.co - Buy and Sell BTC instantly for Cash Deposit!
BuyBitcoin.US is now BitQuick.co!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:23:11 AM

Very cool idea, I hope you do well.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:32:36 AM

Just googled "cancer" because I was unaware that it existed.

Thank you for making me aware of it.

Now I am off to google "breast"...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:37:04 AM

September was prostate cancer awareness month, too bad no one cared about it.

waqas

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:23:40 AM

most of peoples not now about this prostate need to tell them about this also like this

BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:47:24 AM

Now is better than never though.

And thanks for the support everyone!

BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:44:16 PM

Want to donate without buying BTC? All donations sent to 1PinkGMRRhPyMjjR4UFDCwgSEFEneByoyG will also be donated at the end of the month, and added to the total sum shown above on the front page.

So, at the end of day one, we have raised .521 BTC!

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:45:30 PM

Have you ever thought about donating to NORML?
BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:50:11 PM

While it is a great organization backing a great cause, fighting cancer seems to be a more universal cause. We want to encourage participation and donations so we chose something we can all fight against (Breast and Prostate Cancer)

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:53:51 PM

While it is a great organization backing a great cause, fighting cancer seems to be a more universal cause. We want to encourage participation and donations so we chose something we can call fight against (Breast and Prostate Cancer)
Thanks for the quick reply <3

*EDIT* If I wanted to start a NORML fund through you all how would I start/can I start this?
BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

While it is a great organization backing a great cause, fighting cancer seems to be a more universal cause. We want to encourage participation and donations so we chose something we can call fight against (Breast and Prostate Cancer)
Thanks for the quick reply <3

*EDIT* If I wanted to start a NORML fund through you all how would I start/can I start this?

Errm, unfortunately we are only running this promotion as a side thing and cannot convert BTC to USD for any donations to any organization other than the two current ones lol

BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:07:10 PM

$75 raised at the end of day one!

BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 08:56:02 PM

Day 28 and we have raised $981.37 so far! Thank you to all Bitquick.co users for making this possible. If anybody would like to donate, we are still accepting donations via our donation wallet: https://blockchain.info/address/1PinkGMRRhPyMjjR4UFDCwgSEFEneByoyG

There are only 3 days left! It is up to YOU to help bitquick.co in their fight against breast and prostate cancer.

BuyBitcoin.US (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:21:40 AM

The promotion has completed and we raised $1133.64! We will be having a blog post soon with all the details wrapping the promotion up.

Thanks for everyone's help that contributed! It was a great success!

LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:26:43 PM

Sorry but I can not donate to this cause.

I know people in my own community who are deserving of charity. In my own small life I can make a bigger difference than donating to big pharma.

I have no idea if the recipients of this money have poor diets, lack of exercise, treat their bodies like dumpsters. etc.

It's not like people get cancer from eating carrots and broccoli.

Cancer is a lifestyle disease. So why would I donate money to someone who lives a shoddy lifestyle?

Furthermore "thinkpink" only donates to "approved" "cures", like chemotherapy which the AMA cartel has approved. Thinkpink wont donate a dime to alternative medicines or prevention.

Please educate yourself before donating money to a cause.  Donating makes us feel good,   especially when we conveniently ignore the truth behind "causes".

Respectfully,
My opinion only,
L

*edit*   consider donating thru gofundme to this cause instead
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/11/grandfather-of-amish-girl-refusing.html#more
 Cancer related

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:33:57 PM

Cancer is a lifestyle disease. So why would I donate money to someone who lives a shoddy lifestyle?

This isn't true, while bad habits may increase the chance of getting cancer, they are not the only cause for it.

. Thinkpink wont donate a dime to alternative medicines
*edit*   consider donating thru gofundme to this cause instead
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/11/grandfather-of-amish-girl-refusing.html#more
 Cancer related

You probably should read about Steve Jobbs death, he declined all medical treatment in order to use a wide range of alternate medice and it failed.
Not saying all of those are bad, but there is a lot of pseudy-science in there. (Lucky for them, believing does help a bit though, placebo effect is kinda strong)

Please educate yourself
Respectfully
Birdy
timeofmind

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:57:44 PM

This isn't true, while bad habits may increase the chance of getting cancer, they are not the only cause for it.

. Thinkpink wont donate a dime to alternative medicines
*edit*   consider donating thru gofundme to this cause instead
 Cancer related

You probably should read about Steve Jobbs death, he declined all medical treatment in order to use a wide range of alternate medice and it failed.
Not saying all of those are bad, but there is a lot of pseudy-science in there. (Lucky for them, believing does help a bit though, placebo effect is kinda strong)

Please educate yourself
Respectfully
Birdy

Whether cancer is predominantly a lifestyle disease, or a disease of old age, it is definitely a failure of your own body. Consider the fact that every living person has cancerous cells in their body that are kept in check by your immune system. How do you think cancer suddenly gets out of check? Magic?

"You probably should read about Steve Jobbs death, he declined all medical treatment in order to use a wide range of alternate medice and it failed."

You could make the same argument about numerous people who declined a wide range of alternate medicine in order to use "conventional" medical treatment and failed. You can't possibly know which treatments are most effective until you put particular proven treatments head to head in a study, ensuring that all treatments follow proper proven protocols.

Most people would be completely unwilling to make the changes in their life that would be required to cure them of cancer. The treatment, and preventative measures could be 100% verified and well known, and it would still not make any difference, because a lifestyle is a deeply engrained addiction. Few people can even change their lifestyle to loose a few pounds...

Consider, for instance, Dr. Terry Wahls who cured herself of MS. Most people would not be willing to give up all conventional food and go an a diet of 3 heaping plates full of raw vegetables daily, in addition to animal organ meats, and other nutrient dense foods. It doesn't matter how well proven it is, people will not do it. People will cling to their lifestyle to their last dying breath; which is well illustrated by those people still smoking with emphysema or lung cancer.... or those people with eating addictions.

BitMessage: BM-GtUdgmqs5voD3M6o3X38gM93RyxPhDK9
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: