Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:02:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PROOF that XSPEC is a SCAM  (Read 2519 times)
CommunityWhale

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:53:18 PM

As an ICO participant in Xspec, it was most certainly clear to us that Shaadowcash was the basis for Spectrecoin. I'm not speaking to any of the code yet, I am responding to the first problem I saw, but the accusation this was hidden from investors is a complete lie right out of the gate. It is even on the Spectrecoin wiki, created by the Spectrecoin community, one of the very first statements on it, not hidden in tiny print somewhere. No one has ever tried to hide the Shadowcoin connection. Ever.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

I dont reall know something about coding or anything about scripts,but as to what i have seen we need to have some debate here,the developer of XSPEC should have a good argument with the T.S so we will find any good reason why we believe to T.S or XSPEC we shouldnt accusing someone without any proper reasoning from the other side,but your posts looks legit lets wait for the XSPEC developers so that we will know that truth.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CommunityWhale

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

You did a fantastic job dude.
I totally agree with you and xpec is scam for me too. Also they are trying to get some money from spectre.ai investers cause of name.

This, along with the claim that Spectrecoin has tried in any way to shield the fact it was based on Shadowcash, is a total and complete lie. Spectrecoin investors were reasonably upset when newcomers came along with an ICO of a confusingly similar name (see Bitcoin Cash), but no one is trying to get money from Spectre.ai and if they are they are a rogue agent who has nothing to do with Spectrecoin.

Show me proof, Cabellos.
psychedelicbrain

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:41:30 PM

well, this is not just FUD, it's tactical verbal destruction.

and it actually makes me confident about xspec, because they want to buy low.

and this means, the price will raise soon.
Flamaicon

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:57:45 PM

For me... FUD. I believe in xspec and I buy more.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:59:10 PM

" Also they are trying to get some money from spectre.ai investers cause of name. "

This statement alone should make your whole motive suspect and cause a reasonable person to pause.

There is no "they".....many community comments were made  to that group about the similarity of the names when that exchange project was launched this fall....and @jbg , our project manager and dev, actually quieted the community saying its a different project and the publicity might actually be a positive.
This is a matter of record. Your statement is not.

So, you and the people that are trying to fud the price down for whatever purpose need to go find another
community to try to knock down.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cheesebaby

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:10:37 PM

I totally agree with you and xpec is scam for me too. Also they are trying to get some money from spectre.ai investers cause of name.
Haha, this FUD is now beyond a joke. No one in the dev team or marketing team did this. (There might be a few shillers out there, but they're working for themselves, and beyond anyone's control). spectre.ai came a long way after SpectreCoin, so this does not even make sense either.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:14:22 PM

Haha, this FUD is now beyond a joke. No one in the dev team or marketing team did this. (There might be a few shillers out there, but they're working for themselves, and beyond anyone's control). spectre.ai came a long way after SpectreCoin, so this does not even make sense either.
Let the community decides,im sure more experts in coding would make some statements about this,it this is really true now it would be the best time to sell our XSPECs,but if this just a FUD the T.S should be responsible with this i personally believed to XSPEC from the start and if this will be proven it would be the biggest lost that i will have.
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:18:51 PM

For me... FUD. I believe in xspec and I buy more.

Xspec it is precious stone on crypto market. But some people or not understand this or deliberately want drop price. I think they receive money for this FUD posts

Maybe they like "true privacy" coin as  a token pay,verge or deep onion ? Why they not say thet this coins is scam ?  Because they not understand nothing on tech,  they only posts ordered by someone FUD
Nibelung

Activity: 868
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:20:17 PM

I do not believe that this is a fraudulent project. I have carefully studied it and can conclude that this is a good and promising project. I am ready to invest in it.
cheesebaby

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:27:00 PM

Let the community decides,im sure more experts in coding would make some statements about this,it this is really true now it would be the best time to sell our XSPECs,but if this just a FUD the T.S should be responsible with this i personally believed to XSPEC from the start and if this will be proven it would be the biggest lost that i will have.
Well, I know how to code and get paid to do so.

People want the anonymity provided by Tor + obsf4, and now you wait for "experts in coding" to make statements..

Now, think about what you've just written for a second. SpectreCoin has saved you time to setup a node (wallet) within Tor, without you having to download anything or setup anything. It's not particularly hard to set up a Tor node, if you know what you are doing, but if you're waiting for "experts", then you are the exact type that this coin is targeting: busy people who just want to use a coin, securely and anonymously. The dev himself said that Tor + obsf4 is not even the big draw of this coin, but it's a feature, and it works.
KimJungUn

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:45:12 PM

So, you and the people that are trying to fud the price down for whatever purpose need to go find another

Dude, no one wants this scam coin.  You're making yourself look like a fool if you think people here are trying to "fud" to "buy low".  It shows me that you don't know what you're talking about, are wrong, and anything you say from now on will be met with the same lack of merit.

The coin speaks for itself, it's been proven and shown many times that this is a SCAM coin.  The price is tanking, and I can only imagine that it's the DEV that got called out for this shit.  Don't try and save-face and twisting what the thread is about.

Flamaicon

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:56:00 PM

I do not believe that this is a fraudulent project. I have carefully studied it and can conclude that this is a good and promising project. I am ready to invest in it.

Agree
Me and my friens study and look for news about xspec and we believe on project.
If all cryptos grow and target 1 trillion marketcap this year, 100% shure that Spectrecoin price will target around 10 dollars
hellbender

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:08:19 PM

Will be nice to come back to this thread in Dec 18 and enjoy XSPEC at a healthy $15-$20. Thanks for pushing the weak hands out today.
Launchpad

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:05:16 PM

I was a big fan of this project for some time but have had enough.  The red flags thrown up in this thread are one thing, but it's clear that even if the dev delivers, that the relatively small community, lack of marketing and general negative feelings towards XSpec are such that it will only grow on the tailend of another major bullrun where a lot of newbies blindly take a punt.
fAbr1

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:03:04 AM

Code 1.4 doesn't exist. jbg is going to announce in next days that he is leaving his project because he is forced to do so.
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:40:58 AM

I agree that some things are shady as you said, but you went too far IMO. First it was always clearly stated that the project is ShadowCashe fork. When I say always I mean since jbg over took the lead. First group of developers obviously took coins (approx. 20k $ IIRC) for few hours of work. Changed the name, not sure what else has happened, and what I find strange here is that despite that many ICO holders still defend these people and say 'they were paid to deliver the first wallet, or to do initial work'. Maybe they are just afraid of bad publicity?

Now, regarding jbg, he actually mentioned that the reason the project has no whitepaper is because not enough code changes have been implemented (compared to ShadowCashe code base) to justify new whitepaper, which is thus expected with version 2 of the wallet which should bring stealth staking.

Further I would like to stress the fact that writing code is not the only job for a developer, especialy in projects where security or reliability are so important. Code inspection is very, very important, and jbg also had to spend a lot of time to familiarize him self with the ShadowCashe project/code base. From my conversations with him, my personal, subjective estimation is that he is enough capable, and knowledgeable for this kind of work.

The fact that he updates libraries, such as the Tor network, is a good sign that he cares about security. If one compares it to other projects like DO and Verge, the situation with XSPEC is much better. DO run until recently on a very vulnerable Tor code from 2014.

How I see things is that exactly because project is in this particular phase/state, there could be much potential in it, and money is anyway the main reason most of people buy/hold coins. Big money usually comes with greater risk.

Monero was also called scam at the beginning, and who knows, maybe it was. But its founder recognized the potential the project had and decided to invest in it. I hope same will happen with XSPEC.

I also don't think that amount of money collected with donations has been spent wisely, or very well, but that is up to jbg and community to decide how much they want to give, and for what. XSPEC would definitely profit from new developers, and IMO this step is necessary for the project further advancement.
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:49:57 AM

I've known from the first time I read about XSPEC that it was a completly useless shitcoin. And not to talk about all the spamming going on here on bitcointalk. For ones and for all can we just let this shitcoin die.
As a matter of fact, even if it turns out that not everything has been done well, that people were manipulated or something, the tech is not useless, and it already has more to offer than other over hyped, still very popular coins.
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:15:58 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 02:33:31 AM by preshpr1nce

When I said people will try and pick at the most tiny detail in my post I wasn't wrong, the main argument now is "We knew it was a Shadow Cash fork!" changes nothing at all, this is your desperate attempt to save a coin, regardless of knowing if it was Shadow Cash, it changes absolutely nothing to the whole main point of my findings, it's had pretty well no work at all done on it and it's full of BS.

To people saying that they've done their research there for it's good, share your research with us or why bother?

And this..

" Also they are trying to get some money from spectre.ai investers cause of name. "

This statement alone should make your whole motive suspect and cause a reasonable person to pause.

There is no "they".....many community comments were made  to that group about the similarity of the names when that exchange project was launched this fall....and @jbg , our project manager and dev, actually quieted the community saying its a different project and the publicity might actually be a positive.
This is a matter of record. Your statement is not.

Finally managed to get some one related in to this thread and look at his response, for starters the spectre.ai comment DID NOT come from me, it was the first reply to this thread, I quoted him saying I'll look in to it, view page 1 yourself to see this.

This should prove my point more, look at the fuel they're using to try defend these findings, it's terrible really.. sums the whole thing up nicely.

Thanks for sharing your findings? But perhaps you should just take an open mind, read the thread again, confirmation bias is not a good thing to have in the trading world.

Agree
Me and my friens study and look for news about xspec and we believe on project.
If all cryptos grow and target 1 trillion marketcap this year, 100% shure that Spectrecoin price will target around 10 dollars

This is pure optimism with no basis other than reading lies, you shouldn't trade this way, here's a more simple example to remove the whole magical fairy dust around crypto market beliefs:

1 year ago, I bought an old car, with this car I promoted a technology that would allow it to fly, I'm now marketing that the technology is just around the corner yet all I've done in the past year is paint the car yellow.

Would you believe me?
CommunityWhale

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:28:13 AM

Code 1.4 doesn't exist. jbg is going to announce in next days that he is leaving his project because he is forced to do so.

New member. Literally joined today. Posted this single message, which is complete made up bullshit. Please no more pretending there isn't a calculated FUD campaign in play.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: