Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PROOF that XSPEC is a SCAM  (Read 2519 times)
panikovsky

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:58:59 PM

I have paid for @jbg and Bryce out of my own pocket to keep this running after the ICO funds were spent so I have confidence in the fact that @jbg will deliver what he says.

Who is the main person in this project after all? You, mandica?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CommunityWhale

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:05:02 PM

I have paid for @jbg and Bryce out of my own pocket to keep this running after the ICO funds were spent so I have confidence in the fact that @jbg will deliver what he says.

Who is the main person in this project after all? You, mandica?

O boy, another account created just to join this fud party. Typical.
panikovsky

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:14:10 PM

O boy, another account created just to join this fud party. Typical.

Oh boy, as far as I can see you are also here recently) I see you have only 39 messages and they all try to cover up the reputation of XSPEC. But in my message below there is no lie! Everything is true here!

On Saturday they promised to run 1.4 version of the wallet within 48 hours.

Today JPG wrote that the update is postponed indefinitely, to which he can not say at the moment, and even can not say when he will be able to say when this will happen approximately) But, he mentioned that it is definitely not during this week he will say something, because he needs somewhere to fly on family business ... it remains to hope that this is really not just an excuse for "grandmother died."

BUT THIS IS NOT THE MOST SUSPICIOUS THING!

The most suspicious thing is that he bluntly stated - for the flight he will need money and, accordingly, HE IS FORCED TO SELL A PART OF COINS.

The sale may have happend when the XSPEC  updated a monthly minimum of 0.62$ (approximately)

But the question is different: if he has coins that can be used for personal purposes, for flights, vacations, etc. why all the time to refer to the fact that they do not have enough money and what they have collected through stacking - always not enough and the amount is ridiculous?

Maybe this is really SCAM?  I'm really scared of that...

IT'S TRUE! Angry Angry Angry
gunner833

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:44:36 PM

Mandica is totally right. The scam accusations against someone with so little stake in the coin, who barely scrapes by with donations, I just don't know what to say but isn't there a real scam you guys could be going after? So much time and energy here and damaging the price with your fud has done little to damage the people you think are scammers. The real financial damage has been done to the investors you claim to be trying to protect. If you're wondering who has lost money due to your inflammatory posts, its just good regular people, that's who. Does the coin not work? Was it not the first crypto with in-wallet TOR and then with in-wallet OBFS-4? Does it not have a roadmap containing even more firsts in the industry? Yes it was and yes it does! Go after a real scamcoin, for Christ's sake.

I am not replying to mandica as she's only shilling cos she has just found out she's losing money. She doesn't even know where the project is. But hey, we are giving you the information to judge for yourself, information otherwise you wouldn't know. If you can't take that to your advantage, I am sorry to say that the reason of this is only you.

Anyway do yourself a question: who told you that jbg has not a lot of coin, apart jbg himself and mandica?

Check my last post here and maybe you can help everyone to find more information about this.
Mrmogz

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:48:40 PM

His name is JBG, not JPG. The fact that you don’t even know his correct handle can automatically discredit anything you have to say.

On Saturday he did NOT say that wallet V1.4 would be released. He said he would have an update regarding the time remaining to complete the update within 48 hours. Just a huge difference, no big deal. He has been in the Discord the last 3 days answering questions. He lost a family member and you maniacs are out here screaming scam.

I don’t know about you, but I would much prefer him giving full disclosure about needing to sell some coins for a flight.

Do you people seriously think a person would run a “scam” this long to make a measly 5 figures? If he was some super shady character with programming and coding talent don’t you think he would’ve come up with a more elaborate plan to acquire a life changing sum of money, not just enough to get by?

XSPEC is already better than pretty much every other privacy coin than Monero, so we’re really not worried about it. Development will continue with JBG and some new devs that are coming aboard.

Maybe you should go have a look at XVG’s shitty code, and terrible privacy features with over a billion dollar market cap.
Mrmogz

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:52:03 PM

“Anyway do yourself a question: who told you that jbg has not a lot of coin, apart jbg himself and mandica?”

If he did have a shit load of coins, and was trying to pull a scam to make a bunch of money, wouldn’t he have dumped during the parabolic rise to $6 and disappeared?

Raypok

Activity: 232
Merit: 13

PRiVCY -Mod

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 09:52:37 PM

Thank you for the research. I had xspec on my watchlist. Will delete it now.
knien

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:56:18 PM

Hmmm,

I'm not investing in, nor did I do a lot of research regarding this coin. But just a question from an outsider, to avoind being to quick to judge and call other coins a scam.
Just because one of the developers put out false information, the complete project is a scam ?

Nevertheless, If this puts you off.
You are welcome in the DeepOnion community.
DeepOnion is definitely not a scam. Development currently delivering at lightning speed: Android wallet, stealth addresses, E-commerce plugins, Votecentral, etc.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
gunner833

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:01:39 PM

“Anyway do yourself a question: who told you that jbg has not a lot of coin, apart jbg himself and mandica?”

If he did have a shit load of coins, and was trying to pull a scam to make a bunch of money, wouldn’t he have dumped during the parabolic rise to $6 and disappeared?

Maybe because he cannot predict the future?
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:04:25 PM

Hmmm,

I'm not investing in, nor did I do a lot of research regarding this coin. But just a question from an outsider, to avoind being to quick to judge and call other coins a scam.
Just because one of the developers put out false information, the complete project is a scam ?

Nevertheless, If this puts you off.
You are welcome in the DeepOnion community.
DeepOnion is definitely not a scam. Development currently delivering at lightning speed: Android wallet, stealth addresses, E-commerce plugins, Votecentral, etc.

now we saw the customer of this Fud's

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
panikovsky

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:18:47 PM

His name is JBG, not JPG. The fact that you don’t even know his correct handle can automatically discredit anything you have to say.

Oh, really?!)))  Maybe you're just another person trying to save the reputation of this coin? EVERYTHING I WRITTEN - OVERALL TRUTH! I know everything that happens with this coin and your community!

https://a.radikal.ru/a19/1803/15/582f7c0e7c69.jpg

Just in case:

IT IS THE TRUTH!
Do not blame people for lying!

Today JPG wrote that the update is postponed indefinitely, to which he can not say at the moment, and even can not say when he will be able to say when this will happen approximately) But, he mentioned that it is definitely not during this week he will say something, because he needs somewhere to fly on family business ... it remains to hope that this is really not just an excuse for "grandmother died."

The most suspicious thing is that he bluntly stated - for the flight he will need money and, accordingly, HE IS FORCED TO SELL A PART OF COINS.

The sale may have happend when the XSPEC  updated a monthly minimum of 0.62$ (approximately)

But the question is different: if he has coins that can be used for personal purposes, for flights, vacations, etc. why all the time to refer to the fact that they do not have enough money and what they have collected through stacking - always not enough and the amount is ridiculous?

Maybe this is really SCAM?  I'm really scared of that...
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:17:42 PM

If XSPEC is scam, DO is scam^10, else DO is scam^10. Seriously, DO is project where developer intentionally started project with vulnerable 4 year old code, and after community noticed it it took him 4 month to upgrade to another, again alpha (probably because it had the highest number at the time.) version of the Tor network. While blockchain was 100% public, and Tor the only 'security' feature, developer and community claimed it is the best 'anonym' coin in the world. Maybe we use different definitions of scam, so let me put it this way DO has been created with one and only one purpose, to make its founder rich. Or if we consider the issue with vulnerable Tor from 2014, maybe even something much worse. Really why choose vulnerable code from 2014 in year 2017?

Now back to topic.

For TLDR see below.

@mandica, @CommunityWhale you completely ignore OP's code analysis. Doesn't matter.

@mandica, you obviously didn't pay much, or enough. You thought this kind of project will be Ok with bit of initial work, and Moon is the next station? Software needs continued maintenance, with competition constant improvments, new features etc. Only one, poorly paid developer is not enough in this game.

I think it is somehow strange that everyone is talking about jbg here. He is just a developer, who works for breadcrumbs (Offical story, quite likely.). If he soon delivers 1.4, I would say he did a very nice job, considering circumstances.

What I think is more important than discussion about one developer is discussion about XSPEC as a project. Developer hired by whom? So let us talk about project self, its finances, organisation etc. jbg is officially the project leader, but his rolle seem to be quite symbolic. He self has no resources to maintain, support the project, except his time, few hours here and there he could spend, in case he is forced to find another, say full time job.

What this tells about the project self? IMO it tells that project is in deep shit, for whichever reason.
Community poor, not ready to invest, community small, whales care about quantity of coins more than their value? Doesn't matter, facts (slow development, lack or resources) stay.

Recently community started discussing possibility of hiring new developers. It took all this time, issues and NOW we are talking about possibilities of hiring new developers? I am not implying here that discussion about new developer is reaction to OP's post, because I am aware that the idea appeared bit earlier in discord channel, but it took really long time for this to happen.

TLDR

I for one actually think that things can improve, and that XSPEC has potential as a project, and hopefully good future, but ignoring facts won't help. Right people learn from mistakes and continue working/improving.

PS

Hey DO can improve too!
d0d15

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:21:22 PM

Oh, really?!)))  Maybe you're just another person trying to save the reputation of this coin? EVERYTHING I WRITTEN - OVERALL TRUTH! I know everything that happens with this coin and your community!

Just in case:

IT IS THE TRUTH!
Do not blame people for lying!

The sale may have happend when the XSPEC  updated a monthly minimum of 0.62$ (approximately)

Maybe this is really SCAM?  I'm really scared of that...

Ok what you typed about coins makes no sense. These coins were his salary. He is free to do with it whatever he likes. He received those coins from donations between approx start of January, current date, and IIRC there were ~ 4k of coins on that address (Donated for him to spend as he like.).
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:56:20 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 10:53:19 AM by preshpr1nce

The shills keep on trying but they provide no answers to any of this

I just wanted to update with the simple fact that @jbg was NOT part of this project from the beginning and does not have a huge XSPEC stake. I hired @jbg at a later stage, months into the project, to carry out specific work and I also hired another programmer that since left for the people who follow our story. So, @jbg has in fact been instrumental in bringing the new releases out and to work on the next version. He was hired by me and we have had meetings (online & in person) and worked out details around future releases. I have paid for @jbg and Bryce out of my own pocket to keep this running after the ICO funds were spent so I have confidence in the fact that @jbg will deliver what he says.

Why are you still not addressing my findings? wouldn't that put all of this to rest?
(SNIP, view end of page 5)

On Saturday he did NOT say that wallet V1.4 would be released. He said he would have an update regarding the time remaining to complete the update within 48 hours. Just a huge difference, no big deal. He has been in the Discord the last 3 days answering questions. He lost a family member and you maniacs are out here screaming scam.

I don’t know about you, but I would much prefer him giving full disclosure about needing to sell some coins for a flight.

Do you people seriously think a person would run a “scam” this long to make a measly 5 figures? If he was some super shady character with programming and coding talent don’t you think he would’ve come up with a more elaborate plan to acquire a life changing sum of money, not just enough to get by?

XSPEC is already better than pretty much every other privacy coin than Monero, so we’re really not worried about it. Development will continue with JBG and some new devs that are coming aboard.

Maybe you should go have a look at XVG’s shitty code, and terrible privacy features with over a billion dollar market cap.

You are calling out another member for typing JPG over JBG? pretty easy mistake, maybe hes a graphic designer? Tongue
Any way, your comments have no bounds, they probably expected this thing to hit $20 a coin, in that case it becomes 6+ figures.
If you've lost money I'm sorry for you, but exposing this while it's got such a low market cap is far better than doing it after the value has grown, scams should always be called as scams.
Yes he did say Feb, even their banner on their reddit page says 1.4 coming Feb 2018, see for yourself
https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/

XSPEC is not better than XVG or Monero, sorry, but Monero has proven itself.

Perhaps you've brought up some valid doubts about the project, but you've failed right from the beginning by calling it a scam.  Even if all your claims can be accepted without refutation and there is zero new development (which I highly doubt - how much work is local or unavailable to you at this moment), who is being scammed and how?  As mentioned, it's open source and community-driven.  It will continue to be that way regardless of the challenges that we encounter.  That's why some people are dismissing this as nothing more than FUD.

Doubt all you like, but hey without doing any research, how can you doubt? typical shill response.

Perhaps you've brought up some valid doubts about the project, but you've failed right from the beginning by calling it a scam.  Even if all your claims can be accepted without refutation and there is zero new development (which I highly doubt - how much work is local or unavailable to you at this moment), who is being scammed and how?  As mentioned, it's open source and community-driven.  It will continue to be that way regardless of the challenges that we encounter.  That's why some people are dismissing this as nothing more than FUD.

No one has failed by calling it a scam, it's full of lies, lacks any work, false promises etc.
When you have a guy in his 20s claiming he has 20+ years experience and has done near no work over a year while claiming he works full time, claiming 5 minute changes as new big improvements, claiming things will be done soon which never get done, what more do you need before calling it a scam?

Any way..
Gunner has added a nice post to his thread, it's worth reading for sure:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2839833.msg31656875#msg31656875

Looks like I got an answer to the lack of coding too.
5) The brand new excuse for the lack of core changes is that he is building the foundation for the future and he is learning the code base. 9 months to do a few library updates, UI changes and learn a code base? Guess what it would happen if you had this record of achievements after 9 months in a real software company working full time. I personally would not pass the probation period even for a junior developer with these results. To not forget that there is supposedly also another dev working on this project.

Gunners points about how this would fly in the real world is spot on too, even some one straight out of university with 0 experience wouldn't pass probation with this lack of work ethic and skill.
d0d15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:55:26 AM

@preshpr1nce,

I have a question regarding your observation related to Tor pluggable transports. I mean you already knew what obfs4 is? What did you expect you will find jbg's implementation of obfs4 if you already knew what is it? You expected him to reinvent the wheel, or what did you exactly expect to find in code in this regard? Why wouldn't he use exe file, because you know it is how it is meant to be used with Tor.

I am disappointed he didn't improve the support for pluggable transports, and didn't added support for fronting and meek, but he never promised that, or claimed it has been implemented.

That coin already has a solid base, worth maintaining, and some unique features, no other coin (that I am aware) has
so even maintaining it, taking care of bugs and updating libraries is a good job one can do.

Which unique feature is that you might ask? Integration with Tor. All nodes/wallets are inside of Tor network as onion services, thus no exit nodes are used, which is very important, and what many coins ignore.

Ring signatures are known issue, known to most of the members of the community, which cannot be solved until stealth profile becomes default. Reasons is there are not enough stealth users in the network, and without them Ring signatures don't work. Because of this he implemented option in the wallet which sets Ring size to 1, what disables security feature of rings signatures, but it enables the usage of stealth addresses IIRC.  
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:19:34 AM

@preshpr1nce,

I have a question regarding your observation related to Tor pluggable transports. I mean you already knew what obfs4 is? What did you expect you will find jbg's implementation of obfs4 if you already knew what is it? You expected him to reinvent the wheel, or what did you exactly expect to find in code in this regard? Why wouldn't he use exe file, because you know it is how it is meant to be used with Tor.

I am disappointed he didn't improve the support for pluggable transports, and didn't added support for fronting and meek, but he never promised that, or claimed it has been implemented.

That coin already has a solid base, worth maintaining, and some unique features, no other coin (that I am aware) has
so even maintaining it, taking care of bugs and updating libraries is a good job one can do.

Which unique feature is that you might ask? Integration with Tor. All nodes/wallets are inside of Tor network as onion services, thus no exit nodes are used, which is very important, and what many coins ignore.

Ring signatures are known issue, known to most of the members of the community, which cannot be solved until stealth profile becomes default. Reasons is there are not enough stealth users in the network, and without them Ring signatures don't work. Because of this he implemented option in the wallet which sets Ring size to 1, what disables security feature of rings signatures, but it enables the usage of stealth addresses IIRC.  

I expected to see some code for obfs4, not taking ones executable and using it yourself, sure don't reinvent the wheel but at least take the effort of implementing it in to the code rather than calling an exe, I consider that lazy.

Also one of the key points in outlining this is it's part of the whole "so little work done" picture, the Tor work you mention came from Shadow Cash, not XSPEC.

Shadow Cash also had Ring signatures working with a ring size of 2, so this excuse of reducing size to 1 makes no sense, even more so if it was done due to a future change which isn't out yet, but would change the way ring signatures work, why make a network insecure prior to a release?

I don't think you've even looked at the work he's done, bug fixes? hardly, upgrading libraries you could do in your first year of uni, the work has been highlighted on page 1.
d0d15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:23:03 AM

@preshpr1nce,

I expected to see some code for obfs4, not taking ones executable and using it yourself, sure don't reinvent the wheel but at least take the effort of implementing it in to the code rather than calling an exe, I consider that lazy.

Also one of the key points in outlining this is it's part of the whole "so little work done" picture, the Tor work you mention came from Shadow Cash, not XSPEC.

Shadow Cash also had Ring signatures working with a ring size of 2, so this excuse of reducing size to 1 makes no sense, even more so if it was done due to a future change which isn't out yet, but would change the way ring signatures work, why make a network insecure prior to a release?

I don't think you've even looked at the work he's done, bug fixes? hardly, upgrading libraries you could do in your first year of uni, the work has been highlighted on page 1.

I have studied information technologies and telecommunications, in something similar to the university of applied science, and we had much more programming hours in different coirses compared to regular uni computer science student, but I met no person who learned to code there. Many students, almost all who didn't already have a job as software developers, or at least did it as a hobby remained unskilled coders.

What you said about ShadowCashe and ring signatures doesn't make sense. How do you know it worked for them? Ring signatures as technology require enough participants using them. Monero never had issues with it because all wallets are using it. This is the reason XSPEC has announced that stealth trx are becoming default with  version 2.

Tor, could you point me to the Tor implementation/code of the ShadowCashe? I wasn't aware ShadowCash has implemented Tor? Not that I would mind it, but everything I saw points to the XSPEC developers, not necessarily jbg.

Tor pluggable transports is Tor pluggable transport. Everyone who heard about these obfuscation methods knew what to expect here, and was aware jbg didn't develop obfs4. Making Tor, and xspec  wallet to work with obfs4 was the point, not demonstration of coding skills.
He could have automate/make it better, but this is also working. Despite his or project's shortcomings, there is a solid base, worth maintaining IMO, and it looks like some steps in the right direction are being made by the community (hiring new developers E.G.), so I don't think this is how scam necessarily looks like.
Most people exaggerate, or lie if you will. I met like two persons in my life who didn't lie in their CVs, yet that doesn't mean companies where these people who lied work are scam.

Things are not always black and white. One can in theory delude community in some things (like most of anon crypto currencies did at some point.) yet still deliver, with intentions to maintain the project long term. Basically as long as people are using, buying xspec, and are ready to support its development, project should be ok and prosper. I think that you have actually helped xspec as a project, because awareness that project needs more development and developers had been raised.

While I think you had some nice observations regarding the amount of work, I can just repeat that I consider ShadowCash code solid even nowadays and worth maintaining. With more and more developers interested in code, probability that new bugs/issues will be discovered is increasing, and as I already mentioned, it looks like xspec community decided to hire new developers.
gunner833

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:48:48 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 10:38:06 AM by gunner833

Tor, could you point me to the Tor implementation/code of the ShadowCashe? I wasn't aware ShadowCash has implemented Tor? Not that I would mind it, but everything I saw points to the XSPEC developers, not necessarily jbg.

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/commit/0601f129f2a73520eb9f2ca55682821f78d7da55

It's also in XSPEC, but not made by jbg.

ShadowCash is definitely worth maintaining, even though I would watch what the original developers are doing since they developed it and they know the theory behind it very well. They basically ported the code in another coin, and they have been maintaining it for real in the last year. I wouldn't be surprised if jbg will take part of their code and says it's 1.4.

What we are challenging here is the ability of jbg of developing it further, when he says he's thinking of implementing every feature you ask him (stealth staking!!! RingCT, hardware wallet integration, HD wallet, bulletproof, merging bitcoin core, cold staking, ...) and there are 0 proofs he can do any change on the core logic, he lied on his experience, he lies saying he's working full time when he's clearly not, he doesn't reveal 1.4 code after more than a month, he doesn't meet his own set deadlines, he lies on release notes, he probably lies on another developer working on the project, he's also a bad communicator recently, he's doing very amateur mistakes on the codebase, he says he doesn't have much coin when he probably owns more than 1%. And this list keeps growing.

What in all of this makes you comfortable in thinking that he can achieve anything of what he says? Or only still believe in anything of what he says?
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

I have studied information technologies and telecommunications, in something similar to the university of applied science, and we had much more programming hours in different coirses compared to regular uni computer science student, but I met no person who learned to code there. Many students, almost all who didn't already have a job as software developers, or at least did it as a hobby remained unskilled coders.

What you said about ShadowCashe and ring signatures doesn't make sense. How do you know it worked for them? Ring signatures as technology require enough participants using them. Monero never had issues with it because all wallets are using it. This is the reason XSPEC has announced that stealth trx are becoming default with  version 2.

Tor pluggable transports is Tor pluggable transport. Everyone who heard about these obfuscation methods knew what to expect here, and was aware jbg didn't develop obfs4. Making Tor, and xspec  wallet to work with obfs4 was the point, not demonstration of coding skills.
He could have automate/make it better, but this is also working. Despite his or project's shortcomings, there is a solid base, worth maintaining IMO, and it looks like some steps in the right direction are being made by the community (hiring new developers E.G.), so I don't think this is how scam necessarily looks like.
Most people exaggerate, or lie if you will. I met like two persons in my life who didn't lie in their CVs, yet that doesn't mean companies where these people who lied work are scam.

Things are not always black and white. One can in theory delude community in some things (like most of anon crypto currencies did at some point.) yet still deliver, with intentions to maintain the project long term. Basically as long as people are using, buying xspec, and are ready to support its development, project should be ok and prosper. I think that you have actually helped xspec as a project, because awareness that project needs more development and developers had been raised.

While I think you had some nice observations regarding the amount of work, I can just repeat that I consider ShadowCash code solid even nowadays and worth maintaining. With more and more developers interested in code, probability that new bugs/issues will be discovered is increasing, and as I already mentioned, it looks like xspec community decided to hire new developers.

I'm not sure what country you're from but where I'm from a bachelors degree = you can code, I've worked with developers who have as little as a 2 year diploma, bachelors degree, people with masters and people with purely self education, they can all code out of their studies but aren't overly efficient compared to some one with a bit of commercial experience, in saying that all of these people would still better the work done on XSPEC in the time frame given, so I don't agree with this at all.

If you look on page 1 where I've got a screen shot of Umbra, the Shadow Cash wallet vs the XSPEC wallet, you can see the TOR button in the exact same spot, the difference is it was optional in SC and it's mandatory in XSPEC, as a developer I'm sure you realise how easy it is to remove a bunch of If statement around the on/off for TOR, so this isn't anything to brag about over SC.

Also this idea of SC is fine, he's just maintaining it isn't accurate either, he's promising advancements over it, in year that XSPEC has existed, I wouldn't even call this basic maintenance.

Yes SC supported ring signatures, you can go right back to the earliest change relating to the line of code I've stated on page 1 where the ring signature went just from 2 to 1, the line of code where you see it being 2 is from Shadow Cash, the line where it allows for 1 is the XSPEC change over SC.

Your next argument will probably be "does it matter if it's an easy change", sort of like your argument around the obfs4 executable, it doesn't matter so much but if you are doing small jobs you would expect to see A LOT more work done than what we see looking back in time, instead what we have are tiny changes and these same items being claimed as key development points for each release.

So I'll say it again, in 1 year the biggest body of work is the donation system, this work would be well over 10x the time taken compared to everything else combined.
And if you still still factored this in, doesn't justify the little amount done in that time.

The only person who has had any argument to justify this amount of time is jbg himself, he has admitted now that little has been done and his excuse is he's had to learn the code base, if it takes him that long to learn the code base then it shows his skill level and doesn't change my initial argument one bit, to give an example a person working full time out of university on projects 5x+ the size of this will not make it past a 3 month probation if they can't adapt to the code base.

And your argument on resumes is just silly, I've been coding since a very young age but my resume only contains commercial work I've done, do you see a university graduate claiming his hobby and degree as commercial experience? If I seen a 25-30 year old claiming 20+ years on his resume it would get laughed at and would go straight in the bin, if I seen some one who had done 3 1 year projects over a 10 year window, it would get the same response, his claims are a project in his teens, a POS system for a bar and an ecommerce website which probably uses a CMS, so between all of this, his age and claim of 20+ years is more than just a small resume exaggeration, it's a huge lie.

I've put in a bit of effort with these findings, if you're going to argue things like SC didn't have TOR, please do a bit more research before trying again, I'm not sure what else I have to add on top of what's been said already and I'm not up for repeating myself more than I have already.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:49:56 AM

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/commit/0601f129f2a73520eb9f2ca55682821f78d7da55

It's in XSPEC, but not made by jbg.

ShadowCash is definitely worth maintaining, even though I would watch what the original developers are doing since they developed it and they know the theory behind it very well. They basically ported the code in another coin, and they have been maintaining it for real in the last year. I wouldn't be surprised if jbg will take part of their code and says it's 1.4.

What we are challenging here is the ability of jbg of developing it further, when he says he's thinking of implementing every feature you ask him (stealth staking!!! RingCT, hardware wallet integration, HD wallet, bulletproof, merging bitcoin core, cold staking, ...) and there are 0 proofs he can do any change on the core logic, he lied on his experience, he lies saying he's working full time when he's clearly not, he doesn't reveal 1.4 code after more than a month, he doesn't meet his own set deadlines, he lies on release notes, he probably lies on another developer working on the project, he's also a bad communicator recently, he's doing very amateur mistakes on the codebase, he says he doesn't have much coin when he probably owns more than 1%. And this list keeps growing.

What in all of this makes you comfortable in thinking that he can achieve anything of what he says? Or only still believe in anything of what he says?

I over looked the developer on this one, 6 commits from him vs 166 from jbg and he's done a lot more, I focused on jbg due to the recent findings and knowing he's the current and only developer, I guess it does prove me wrong in one of my earlier comments where I said to mandica to prove me wrong that they've had a developer in the past, this is the proof here so I'll edit my comment out in relation to that, I want this thread to be accurate.

Still, my initial findings on jbg's work remains as is.

The thing that needs to be looked at now by mandica if he/she is the true owner, is what you're paying for in jbg, your coin is going to tank unless you sort this out, the true scam here is jbg, get a new developer, I'll monitor the github and if I see change I'll make a new thread clearing things up, for now though you have a developer who cannot deliver anything and unless this is changed it's going to be a sad ending for XSPEC and a waste of your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: