Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System for Newbies  (Read 543 times)
1993jochico (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:52:04 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 07:21:12 AM by 1993jochico
Merited by darkangel11 (2), examplens (1)

First of all, WHY merit is released?
-In my own analysis, merit system is released to reduce the spam of creating account and also to reduce spam/trash post but to gain many QUALITY post.

As a newbie it is so hard to gain merit points for me too because of lack of knowledge of cryptocurrency that is why many newbies cant create a QUALITY post like me.
Even when you post a Quality post some people will not appreciate it and dont send merits.

TIPS FOR NEWBIES
-Make reading a habit so that you will be able to relate on the topics of cryptoworld. If you are new here and all you know about this forum is that you can earn from here start FIRST on reading topics/news about crypto for you to be able to relate to the topics in this forum.

-Another tip is dont expect a merits on your post for you not to be disapointed if no one gives merit on your post.
(not all quality post gain merit).

TIPS TO GAIN MERIT
1. Always post a Quality/Useful post and can be use by other people here in BCT.
2. Make a reply to other people that needs your help or make a reply that is related to the topics post.
3. Make sure that your thread is related to the section where you will post it.
4. DONT EXPECT MERIT ON ALL YOUR WORKS.

EDIT: In every merit you receive you also get 0.5 sMerit (sendable merit), so you need 2 merit to get 1 sMerit.

Let them appreciate you.

Hope this post helps you and you learn with me.
If you have any suggestions to my post feel free to reply/qoute my post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dilemmaremma

Activity: 103
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:59:44 PM
Merited by Zepher (2), OgNasty (1)

I made an infographic to explain ranking requirements which includes merit, check it out!

It's my understanding that there are people who get Smerit to start with, then they give merit to posts they like with valuable information. From there, the person who received the merit will also receive Smerit to spread the love. It's like internet AIDs and we're trying to be infected.

gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:04:32 PM

-In my own analysis, merit system is released to reduce the spam of creating account and also to reduce spam/trash post but to gain many QUALITY post.

As a newbie it is so hard to gain merit points for me too because of lack of knowledge of cryptocurrency that is why many newbies cant create a QUALITY post like me.
Even when you post a Quality post some people will not appreciate it and dont send merits.

TIPS FOR NEWBIES
-Make reading a habit so that you will be able to relate on the topics of cryptoworld. If you are new here and all you know about this forum is that you can earn from here start FIRST on reading topics/news about crypto for you to be able to relate to the topics in this forum.

-Another tip is dont expect a merits on your post for you not to be disapointed if no one gives merit on your post.

TIPS TO GAIN MERIT
1. Always post a Quality/Useful post and can be use by other people here in BCT.
2. Make a reply to other people that needs your help or make a reply that is related to the topics post.

Let them appreciate you.

I would give you a merit if I had it ahah  Grin Cheesy

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:42:11 PM

I made an infographic to explain ranking requirements which includes merit, check it out!

It's my understanding that there are people who get Smerit to start with, then they give merit to posts they like with valuable information. From there, the person who received the merit will also receive Smerit to spread the love. It's like internet AIDs and we're trying to be infected.

Yes Merit and SMerit two things are there , When someone send a Merit to someone else , it is actually 0.5 Merit and 0.5 Smerit.

So to reach 1+ Merit a person need to get 2 times Merit to get 1 Merit + 1 SMerit in account to give to another person.

This is what i understand so far.

** FREE SPACE **
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1337

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:43:13 PM

It's a nice explanation OP, I hope that you'll stay here and create more informative threads like this one. If only people actually read it, but instead we are getting a couple "what is merit" posts every day, even though at least 20 threads like the one you made can be found in various sections, including a sticky in meta.
Unfortunately I've checked your history ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1807652;sa=showPosts;start=60 ) and you clearly were trying to level up as quickly as possible by spamming in off-topic and then hit the merit wall Cheesy I hope those posts are not just for show and you will go by your own rules and change your style of posting.

I would give you a merit if I had it ahah  Grin Cheesy

I'll give him one from myself and one from you Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
1993jochico (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:16:58 AM

It's a nice explanation OP, I hope that you'll stay here and create more informative threads like this one. If only people actually read it, but instead we are getting a couple "what is merit" posts every day, even though at least 20 threads like the one you made can be found in various sections, including a sticky in meta.
Unfortunately I've checked your history ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1807652;sa=showPosts;start=60 ) and you clearly were trying to level up as quickly as possible by spamming in off-topic and then hit the merit wall Cheesy I hope those posts are not just for show and you will go by your own rules and change your style of posting.

I would give you a merit if I had it ahah  Grin Cheesy

I'll give him one from myself and one from you Smiley

Thank you for your suggestion sir, but my intention is not really to get merit whenever I post a topic. I start a thread to make a good conversation to this community. I think Im just starting to heat up here because im a newbie, before I just post in the off topic to rank up but now I think I change because of the knowledge I get in this forum and to other members like you. by the way bro thank you for the merit.

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:31:38 AM

Merit is released to prevent  spammers and low quality posters to rank up. So if your a good quality poster and contributor on this forum you will get merit easily.
rmc518

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:47:16 AM

you absolutely deserve merit for this! thank you so much for enlightening us about the merit system. And it's true that merit is hard to gain.  Smiley
Highflying1

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

Some on here, myself included, may have started using bitcointalk 5 years ago and made many posts, but got locked out of their old account for non-activity. Then, recently, after several attempts to revive the old account, said “screw it” and just created a new account and thus are banished to Newbieville.
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:57:12 PM

I'm really tired of seeing the same thing all the time, how many times a day I can not count. you may have a responsibility, maybe you can find hundreds of topics related to this topic. Do you think it's a google search? why are you taking it easy? or do I think that maybe I'll give you a merit if I open a topic here? If you have a suggestion, I assure you that no one will give you any merit.
Audistar

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:38:35 AM

TIPS FOR NEWBIES

TIPS TO GAIN MERIT

Let them appreciate you.

This is one very informative and very helpful post.
I thank you for this, that lightens up the wrinkles in my forehead. Grin
Had I merits with em to share, I already would have gave you. Unfortunately, I have none.  Grin

So I believe in posting quality posts, and trying to help out each other. Ranks and merits will come out eventually.
Many thanks.
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:41:13 AM

TIPS FOR NEWBIES

TIPS TO GAIN MERIT

Let them appreciate you.

This so nice post. If im the who have merit, i will share mine with you. You are truly merited. Your post is truly helpful and  very useful for everyone.
Keep it up, i can see, youve got a great potentials to be rank up til legendary. You are so great.
ArabianStars

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

KRIPTON

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:01:41 AM

What percentage for a Newbie like me to get merit   ? seem impossible i think

I believe we have opportunity to get a merit, regardless of ranks.
But what differs us form them is they have knowledge and can make quality posts, therefore many will acknowledge them and give them merit for it.
So maybe we can read more and make quality and useful posts and earn merits.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:19:22 AM

Theres no impossible when you are working on it.
Go to meta section
Check this @theymos
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.3260
1993jochico (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:07:13 PM

There is a 0% of getting merit if you are newbie here bro (without any idea what bitcoin is), maybe just read on beginners & help then make a study about this forum and bitcoin, it is really hard for newbies us to get merits, even high ranks here is working hard to get merits.
Try to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3071297.msg31645721#msg31645721
Im happy to help newbies even though that I am newbie here too, Im working hard to help more people.

Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:19:03 PM

It is fun and more exciting if after creating an account when it reach Jr. Member rank at least they have considered giving us two merit for us so we could atleast we could start helping the person who helps us a lot when we are newbies..... Or atleast we could give one point to a post that has been helpful to us... But all we can do now is say thanks....

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:53:29 PM

There is a 0% of getting merit if you are newbie here bro (without any idea what bitcoin is), maybe just read on beginners & help then make a study about this forum and bitcoin, it is really hard for newbies us to get merits, even high ranks here is working hard to get merits.
Try to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3071297.msg31645721#msg31645721
Im happy to help newbies even though that I am newbie here too, Im working hard to help more people.

but are all the posts that help for beginners or give a positive impact will get merit? And who wants to give this merit even if it's easy, but I think it takes a personal approach too.

And average of each merit owner does not easily give the merit point to someone else.
Not all topic that helps begginer can get merit, if you post something like this again it will be deleted by the admins, because its one kind of spamming, try to came up with an idea to make another topic that is not existing or maybe just be happy to help others without expexting in return, just like whats the post said.
Bous

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:30:46 PM

Thanks for your post, that's really well explained! I have the feeling that I'm doing what you said to get merit, but I never did since its creation, so that's pretty disappointing. Could you look at my posts and tell me what's wrong? All criticisms are welcomed! Thank you Smiley
Inspector2580

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:38:05 PM

It's an interesting thread you have started here.  Crypto is so wide and there are tons of information to help guide you on what to do. Learning is easy when one puts his mind to it.

I can remember I went through learning html n css in one week from W3school website.

Folks should put efforts into learning to improve their chances of getting merit.

Thanks
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:05:26 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 02:08:28 PM by sncc

Nice thread, the merit system was introduced less than 2 months ago and it is not easy for Newbies to understand it.
I made an infographic about the forum for Newbies, hope it is useful:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: