Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilgrimage to Lviv (Ukraine) where Ludwig von Mises (Austrian school of Economic  (Read 115 times)
Flodner (OP)

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 02:23:50 PM

Pilgrimage to Lviv (Ukraine) where Ludwig von Mises (Austrian school of Economics) was born

For many people in cryptocurrency, blockchain community who are interested not only in "how-to-get-rich" and trading, but more deeply in the questions of economics and future development, Austrian school of Economics is important.

Of course even among this group of people not so many really read Ludwig von Mises' works. More often they came to his thoughts through the works of other authors or even by contemporary publicists (i.e. Hans-Hermann Hoppe, or Curtis Yarvin (Mencius Moldbug).

In this post I won't focus on Mises' works (that's still big question for me to think about, and might be the subject of another publication, and also I admit that myself I read only small part of his work and plan to order more his books).

A while ago I met in Kyiv cryptocurrency enthusiast and founder of Exosphe academy Antonio Manno and in our conversation we spoke a bit about Mises.
-I will go to Lviv and will pray near the house where von Mises was born! - said Antonio

I don't know if he came there already but he is definitely coming soon as a speaker of D-Tech the conference 16-17 of March. You can check his invitation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0l9er8UQm4

In video he also speaks about Ludwig von Mises and I thought that may be some other people are interested to make this pilgrimage to Lviv.
I've been to Lviv many times and I will need to tell you that it's not only great city to check architecture and monuments - also it's great place to visit numerous cafes, restaurants, clubs and also cryptocurrency community is growing there.

So if by chance you are fan of Ludwig von Mises like Antonio, check the program of D-Tech conference and plan your visit
https://d-tech.space/

Of course you can visit Lviv any time, but it's better to combine traveling with visiting Blockchain (and New Technology) conference and meet like-minded people

You can also share it on Steemit
https://steemit.com/economics/@flodner/pilgrimage-to-lviv-ukraine-where-ludwig-von-mises-austrian-school-of-economics-was-born

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steemium

Activity: 193
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

Good post!
Upvoted it on Steemit! I saw the name of Ludwig von Mises name mentioned in some text, but I think economic questions are very hard for many people here.
Here most of ordinary people want to get rich and that's all))
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

What you wanted to convey to users, I still do not understand. In your article sounded the name "Antonio" with which, allegedly from Ukraine, but this is not a Ukrainian name))
Flodner (OP)

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

Antonio is Italian, I didn't say that he is Ukrainian, but he will be speaking at D-Tech conference in Lviv next week.
He is happy to go there not only because of the conference, but because in Lviv Ludwig von Mises (famous economist) was born.
You can check his video, there is a link in a post.

So I wanted to do both - bring attention to this particular conference in Lviv and attention to Ludwig von Mises

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: