Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Split: Stance on FUD  (Read 131 times)
pernikar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:51:47 AM

What is the policy on baseless scam accusation and FUD spam? One ANN thread I'm watching got recently mass-attacked by scam accusations and FUD from the same few accounts (which I suspect all belong to one person or a group) always multi-posting several posts in a row, filling the last few pages with spam making it difficult to find useful posts or updates from devs.

When it started I didn't thought of it much, so I replied to some of the accusations disproving them with valid proof, but got called out for shilling and they just came up with new nonsensical accusation. Also when I looked at the profile of the first "fudder" in the thread, all of his posts were just scam accusations on a number of different projects and he got called out in his "Trust" comments by numerous users for paid FUD and extortion of projects. I reported his post providing an explanation, but no action was taken and the amount of spam in the thread has increased significantly.

Is this allowed? I'm sure of at least one rule they're breaking (32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed), since there's always several posts in a row from one account followed by more multi-posts from different account. Should I try reporting the posts again, now maybe providing more detailed explanation, or would the mods just don't care?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:58:21 AM

What is the policy on baseless scam accusation and FUD spam? One ANN thread I'm watching got recently mass-attacked by scam accusations and FUD from the same few accounts (which I suspect all belong to one person or a group) always multi-posting several posts in a row, filling the last few pages with spam making it difficult to find useful posts or updates from devs.

When it started I didn't thought of it much, so I replied to some of the accusations disproving them with valid proof, but got called out for shilling and they just came up with new nonsensical accusation. Also when I looked at the profile of the first "fudder" in the thread, all of his posts were just scam accusations on a number of different projects and he got called out in his "Trust" comments by numerous users for paid FUD and extortion of projects. I reported his post providing an explanation, but no action was taken and the amount of spam in the thread has increased significantly.

Is this allowed? I'm sure of at least one rule they're breaking (32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed), since there's always several posts in a row from one account followed by more multi-posts from different account. Should I try reporting the posts again, now maybe providing more detailed explanation, or would the mods just don't care?

Thanks!
From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0:

Q: Do you moderate/delete (possible) FUD, accusations and untrue information?
A: No. We don't have enough time to check every single piece of information and verify the validity of the sources. Also, just like scams - too much room for bias and abuse.

However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense ("obviously false nonsense" to an outsider, NOT to someone who follows or is involved in the discussion) just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. Such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report though (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post).

If they're breaking any other rules, use the "Report to Moderator" link at the bottom right side of their posts to notify the staff team. If you've reported a post already, don't report it again - it's either in the queue or it's already been marked as good or bad.

pernikar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:29:04 AM

Thanks. I thought it might fall under the trolling category but wasn't sure. So it's okay to just report all the posts breaking a rule? I'm still new here so I didn't wanted to start reporting every other post, as I don't feel to be in the position to do that.

Also I saw some thread where people were reporting accounts directly, but it seemed to be only for "ICO pumping" accounts, not the other way around. If I collect enough proof, is it okay to post these accounts there? (This thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2645450)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 08:35:12 PM

Thanks. I thought it might fall under the trolling category but wasn't sure. So it's okay to just report all the posts breaking a rule? I'm still new here so I didn't wanted to start reporting every other post, as I don't feel to be in the position to do that.
Yes.

Also I saw some thread where people were reporting accounts directly, but it seemed to be only for "ICO pumping" accounts, not the other way around. If I collect enough proof, is it okay to post these accounts there? (This thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2645450)
Generally the report feature is a more reliable option of notifying mods of posts or threads that break the rules. If for some reason the report feature is insufficient for your needs, feel free to start a thread in Meta or contribute to an already existing one (make sure it's on topic, unlike the thread you originally posted this question in).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: