Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:40:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IPN when receiving bitcoins  (Read 839 times)
Time Sheep (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:10:39 PM

Greetings everyone!
One of my friends is running a forum and I'm helping him moderate the thing and develop a bit of this and that.
Now, we have a VIP subscription, which can only be bought with bitcoins. At first we went with bitmerch, as we all know they have a brilliant IPN solution. We also tried MtGox, but they thought our forum was too shady, so they decided not to serve us.
Bitmerch worked and everyone was happy, except... all the members who didn't "get" bitcoins and had no intention to do so. We found this gateway, www.danskbitcoin.net , where the user can pay them with their credit card. They will then purchase bitcoins for the money and send them to the merchant. The concept is great, we like it, but they lack a IPN-like feature, which means that we cannot automatically handle the payments.

I believe we need either
A) An online wallet which sends a POST request to our IPN script when it receives a payment (after which it will forward the funds)
B) Same as above, but where it simply monitors the blockchain and the wallet file is stored offline (preferred)

I could make up something myself which would regularly query the blockchain.info API, but that doesn't seem like an ideal solution.
Does anyone know of something we could use?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: