Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Must Read  (Read 221 times)
Aikidoka (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:51:26 PM

I am posting this on Bitcoin Discussion Section because most of people are here. Perhaps you might find my opinion shared by many people on the Meta Section.

Please, guys. Give us a favor and stop posting on megathreads. No one is really going to jump to page 170 to read what you stated. No one will take time to read even the minority of what is said. Do you not think it is annoying to see a thread, for example, "Why should people use Bitcoin?" with more than 3000 replies? I mean, I used to post on megathreads in the past. Yet, I had found out it was really pointless. Even the OP will not have time to answer you.
If you, guys, agree with me, then I will really appreciate it if you stop spamming this section.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4367

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:57:30 PM

this is where the old activity/post count caused that.
people posted just to get a post count in any random thread they could find, just to get a quota.

now with the merit system this should naturally die down because people who want to rank up, will now only post if they write good quality content, in a thread that will earn them a pat on the back/recognition in the form of a merit. thus the spam should reduce (we hope)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:12:09 PM
Merited by pawel7777 (1)

I am posting this on Bitcoin Discussion Section because most of people are here. Perhaps you might find my opinion shared by many people on the Meta Section.

Please, guys. Give us a favor and stop posting on megathreads. No one is really going to jump to page 170 to read what you stated. No one will take time to read even the minority of what is said. Do you not think it is annoying to see a thread, for example, "Why should people use Bitcoin?" with more than 3000 replies? I mean, I used to post on megathreads in the past. Yet, I had found out it was really pointless. Even the OP will not have time to answer you.
If you, guys, agree with me, then I will really appreciate it if you stop spamming this section.

Thanks in advance.

Let's create a thread that is effectively spam to complain about people spamming..

people posted just to get a post count in any random thread they could find, just to get a quota.

now with the merit system this should naturally die down because people who want to rank up, will now only post if they write good quality content, in a thread that will earn them a pat on the back/recognition in the form of a merit. thus the spam should reduce (we hope)

This will take time, many accounts still don't even know that there are changes and then that doesn't stop the problem of the accounts that are already ranked up enough to earn from signature campaigns.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Aikidoka (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:32:24 PM

Thanks in advance.

Let's create a thread that is effectively spam to complain about people spamming..

This will take time, many accounts still don't even know that there are changes and then that doesn't stop the problem of the accounts that are already ranked up enough to earn from signature campaigns.
Are you triggered? When you are about to answer someone, you should take into consideration that you should develop your idea so I can know how my thread is effectively a spam. As for your second statement, you should not base your opinions on facts. Next time, learn not to try to let someone down who is trying to help this forum.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

No one is really going to jump to page 170 to read what you stated.
Actually people do that, because they continue discussion from last page, not from beggining of topic because that would make no sense at all.
People use forum different than you are, every person have its own way Smiley
yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:51:02 PM

I think they should lock the thread when the OP's question is answered or if it reaches 200 replies. If this idea is not good, please tell me why  Smiley

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:58:42 PM

No one is really going to jump to page 170 to read what you stated.
Actually people do that, because they continue discussion from last page, not from beggining of topic because that would make no sense at all.
People use forum different than you are, every person have its own way Smiley

Yeah, they do that. But, that doesn't mean that this should be done. If you are replying to a thread unless it's situational such as the wall observer thread you should be reading every single reply to see if what you are going to post hasn't already been posted and discussed.

If you are posting about the current price of Bitcoin and want advise or want to point out a trend then reading the last few pages might be alright, but this is situational depending on the type of thread.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:22:32 PM

This would take combined effort, the first few pages are usually dominated by these old megathreads. I've put up
A couple new articles that I thought had some interesting prevalent info but it sunk to the recesses in about a minute. Busy forum I guess
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:47:13 PM

This would take combined effort, the first few pages are usually dominated by these old megathreads. I've put up
A couple new articles that I thought had some interesting prevalent info but it sunk to the recesses in about a minute. Busy forum I guess
For you to understand all about bitcoin, you must read everything you wanted, be updated and gather data for you to know how bitcoin exist, what was really the use of bitcoin and why it is exist for you to know everything. You must give such time to read about bitcoin because if you wont read, you might lose everything you have if your planning to invest in bitcoin.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:56:15 PM

I tend to find that many of the old threads here keep getting pumped back to the top so that people can get
advert impressions from their posts so please let me know if you see any of that going on around here because
I have spotted a few and they seem to live on the forums here.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:06:10 PM

I agree with you it's true that most people have created topics and posted their status or opinion on the bitcoin page of this discussion, and I also want to be here far from the junk post.
Roukawa

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:07:13 PM

I tend to find that many of the old threads here keep getting pumped back to the top so that people can get
advert impressions from their posts so please let me know if you see any of that going on around here because
I have spotted a few and they seem to live on the forums here.
I also noticed that there are old bumps here in bitcoin discussion with a lot of replies. Sometimes, it is all about bitcoin speculations and how bitcoin will long last. I always read many replies that are similar to each other, the only thing they did is to rephrase the idea.
It is good to be original at least, what you are talking about is in your opinion. Though it is good or bad in other people.

Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:09:36 PM

Thanks in advance.

I think megathreads should lock if it reach a maximum level to prevent spamming special for the repeatedly and old topics. Like if it reached 200 then it should lock so that nobody continue to post that thread. Maybe it will help for to learn more and post with quality to the quality topics also.

pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 11:48:28 PM

just contact moderator to lock your thread. yes, megathread is place to leave comment/ spam for new member, but with this new system (merit), the spammers must think twice before leave comment.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
John Langut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:54:03 PM

Posting in a megathread is pointless, but then so is posting in any other thread on this forum. Have you seen how many pages of threads there are just in this subforum?

By discouraging megathreads and encouraging new threads you just shift the problem.

That problem is that there's way too much noise on too little valuable content. The merit system is one attempt to curb the amount of low value content, but so far it still doesn't seem to be very succesful.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

Thanks in advance.

Are you triggered? When you are about to answer someone, you should take into consideration that you should develop your idea so I can know how my thread is effectively a spam. As for your second statement, you should not base your opinions on facts. Next time, learn not to try to let someone down who is trying to help this forum.

Let me break it down for you. Go to the meta section (oh wait you said you came from there) and you'll see many threads and discussions about spam on mega threads. Thus creating another thread to discuss the same thing is pointless and in essence spam. It also doesn't belong in this section. That's just my humble opinion.

I apologise if I was a little harsh towards you as I understand you are trying to improve things. Just sometimes in trying to improve things you can only contribute to a problem.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: