Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:17:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction of 2nd most expensive Pizza in history of Bitcoin  (Read 8731 times)
punin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:05:21 PM

Choose your toppings:

For the make-benefit of glorious nation of Kazakhstan, we're starting auctioning of special pizza  Grin (ie. reel of 3000 Bitfury ASIC chips). Pizza is delivered with UPS express saver service to any place in the world (where UPS delivers) at our cost.

All bids are made by sending 1% of your target BTC bid price to 1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq

All bids are final. Ie. if you don't pay full bid price, you don't get your BTC back.

This auction ends

Happy bidding!

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:11:52 PM

This auction ends

Happy bidding!

You missed the important part.. Wink

Just to clarify: I assume all bids that are no winning bid will be returned after the auction ended?

millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:13:55 PM

yeah, if i bid $100 and it goes for $101 and i lose my money i'd be pissed.

bad bidding method unless im mistaken on the process.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:16:00 PM

This auction ends on wednesday 9th of october at 12:00 AM forum time.
All non-winning bids are ofc returned.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
BenTheRighteous

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:23:24 AM

Wow, is this serious? Seems like a cheesy scam attempt to get some free coins...
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:37:18 AM

No bids as of now

https://blockchain.info/address/1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:46:14 AM

And over a week till auction end, + then assembly time makes them worth alot less.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:26:06 AM

3000x2.7Ghs=8.1Ths

Already curious what the reel will go for!
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:27:10 AM

Also I cannot see the countdown timer, could somebody post the end in UTC?
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:35:19 AM

Sent 0.1 BTC Smiley just for the lolzz

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:36:57 AM

reminder to self
auction ends on wednesday 9th of october at 12:00 AM forum time

papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:10:52 AM

just to remember all of you :

the reel price of this pizza is around fifty less than the price they are selling it right now

so think of it before bidding
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 07:14:59 AM

Punin - question: If I place a bid of let's say 0.5BTC and later want to increase my bid to let's say 0.8BTC - what do I place a second bid: 0.8BTC or 0.3BTC?

driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:09:51 AM

Wow, is this serious? Seems like a cheesy scam attempt to get some free coins...

Check history of punin before you post something like this..
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:16:37 AM

Damn, I was hoping to see pics of those ellusive expensive pizzas bought for many many BTC years back

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:50:35 AM

the reel price of this pizza is around fifty less than the price they are selling it right now

care to kindly explain with links? I didn't get you completely.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:20:11 AM

punin, you didn't say anything about shipping. Is shipping included in the winning bid, or will be charged on that price?
rammy2k2
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:28:49 AM

punin, you didn't say anything about shipping. Is shipping included in the winning bid, or will be charged on that price?

yes he did :

"Pizza is delivered with UPS express saver service to any place in the world (where UPS delivers) at our cost."
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:29:24 AM

U just won the prize of " Retard of the day"
papamoi

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:43:32 AM

one wafer costs 3000 usd with a certain number of chips on it

do your maths
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:53:06 AM

yes he did :

"Pizza is delivered with UPS express saver service to any place in the world (where UPS delivers) at our cost."

Ah, I must have missed it in first reading. Or maybe it's being edited after  Wink
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:24:47 AM

do your maths

OMG we're evil!!! We're selling something for PROFIT! Why don't you design your own chip papamoi, pay for the $500k mask-set, risk a re-spin when going forward without MPW and then sell your wafers without profit?

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
papamoi

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:36:41 AM

do your maths

OMG we're evil!!! We're selling something for PROFIT! Why don't you design your own chip papamoi, pay for the $500k mask-set, risk a re-spin when going forward without MPW and then sell your wafers without profit?

that was the plan but bitfurt made a proposal wich made my plan less interesting then he didn t respect his comitment so i consider myself at a duty to warn everyone about this.

papamoi

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:38:30 AM

do your maths

that was the plan but bitfurt made a proposal wich made my plan less interesting then he didn t respect his comitment so i consider myself at a duty to warn everyone about this.

my issue at the moment is because of his greed and non respect of comitment i ve been not able to make it.

are you getting me now?

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:46:41 AM

do your maths

my issue at the moment is because of his greed and non respect of comitment i ve been not able to make it.

are you getting me now?

I really do not understand what you are talking about, I think punin and his team were one of the best companies around bitcoin with fulfilling their commitments and even more than that, I agree that the prototypes are a bit overpriced, but it wasn't a ripp-off comparing to other companies around.

to be honest I didn't buy any prototype from them "yet", but at the moment they are the only company around that I would feel comfortable with trusting. I just hope he will be able to provide prototypes with next day shipping and at a reasonable price as he promised , then he will again make a big milestone in this community. 

sorry for going out of the Auction subject.
papamoi

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:59:24 AM

do your maths

are you getting me now?

I really do not understand what you are talking about, I think punin and his team were one of the best companies around bitcoin with fulfilling their commitments and even more than that, I agree that the prototypes are a bit overpriced, but it wasn't a ripp-off comparing to other companies around.

to be honest I didn't buy any prototype from them "yet", but at the moment they are the only company around that I would feel comfortable with trusting. I just hope he will be able to provide prototypes with next day shipping and at a reasonable price as he promised , then he will again make a big milestone in this community. 

ok let me explain again:

bitfury has committed to deliver me a certain amount of chips for a certain price.When the time of delivery came,he decide not to respect his comitment.
In the meantime i was working on a possibility to make an asic,i ve stopped this when i ve got his proposal.
so in two words,he has eliminate me from the competition and didn t respect his comitment
and now he is squeezing you guys from a chip wich is costing him less then 1 usd to manuacture .

are you getting the picture now?or still not?
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

do your maths

are you getting me now?

ok let me explain again:

bitfury has committed to deliver me a certain amount of chips for a certain price.When the time of delivery came,he decide not to respect his comitment.
In the meantime i was working on a possibility to make an asic,i ve stopped this when i ve got his proposal.
so in two words,he has eliminate me from the competition and didn t respect his comitment
and now he is squeezing you guys from a chip wich is costing him less then 1 usd to manuacture .

I'm not Bitfury and this is my auction. Are you getting the picture now? You're crapping in the wrong yard. I honestly don't think your personal problem with bitfury has anything to do with me or what I'm selling. I've delivered and actually overdelivered on the promises I've made. So why come here and derail my auction thread into some stupid argumentation of what is the margin of manufacturer? And why don't you go stage a one-man protest in front of Intel office? The wafers are even cheaper to them, yet they sell their processors for hundreds of dollars?

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
papamoi

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:20:29 AM

do your maths

are you getting me now?

ok let me explain again:

I'm not Bitfury and this is my auction. Are you getting the picture now? You're crapping in the wrong yard. I honestly don't think your personal problem with bitfury has anything to do with me or what I'm selling. I've delivered and actually overdelivered on the promises I've made. So why come here and derail my auction thread into some stupid argumentation of what is the margin of manufacturer? And why don't you go stage a one-man protest in front of Intel office? The wafers are even cheaper to them, yet they sell their processors for hundreds of dollars?

so now you re mad?

really
why just don t you assume that you are squeezzing the maximum you can from the people as yifu did?

it has ended badly for yifu ,i hope it won t be same for you guys

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:22:31 AM

Well, that escalated quickly. Good luck with the auction nonetheless.
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:30:40 AM

so now you re mad?

really
why just don t you assume that you are squeezzing the maximum you can from the people as yifu did?

I fail to understand your reasoning. How is setting a 0 starting price auction for a reel of excellent chips squeezing anything out of anyone? Please don't compare me to Yifu. I've shipped nearly double the hashrate I promised on time. Please take your bitter trolling elsewhere.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:31:28 AM

do your maths

are you getting me now?

ok let me explain again:

so now you re mad?

really

any company has to make a profit, I was frustrated when I saw the first ASIC prices... but keep in mind this is not Intel or AMD these companies all started from"0" they had to make everything they invested with profit, I am sure the next generations will be priced more reasonable and  be available to everyone. when you understand this then you will have no issue, I didnt have the chance to buy an ASIC but I believe that I will have in future when prices drops.
but hey this is what you would do too right ? or you are telling me that you would sell for 1$ as well ?

I think you guys have some personal problems, can a mod split it to a new thread, or continue in PM ....
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:32:56 AM

Yeah I'd appreciate a clean up. And also correcting the OP to include ending date of the auction.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Barntech

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:45:48 AM

This is supposed to be an auction for a reel of chips right? I am quite excited to watch its progress.

Papamoi, i'm sure you could start a rather interesting discussion thread on the ethics of making profit by selling people things they want, but here is not the place for it.

I agree that the prices are high, but then that's why this auction is so interesting as it will give some kind of indication as to what the market is willing to pay.

Punin, i wish you the best of luck in the auction and hey, if the price is right, i'll throw in a bid. Let's see what happens.
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:47:13 AM

Punin - question: If I place a bid of let's say 0.5BTC and later want to increase my bid to let's say 0.8BTC - what do I place a second bid: 0.8BTC or 0.3BTC?
Would like to know that, too Wink

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:56:18 AM

Would like to know that, too Wink

I need to run now, but I will get back to this later today and hopefully have the OP corrected by a mod.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:01:35 PM

please clarify how many confirmations the bid needs to have at the deadline
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:15:18 PM

Punin, make a new thread, 100% self moderated. remove all trolling and off topic issues.
Seems to be the only way these days..
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 11:43:50 AM

Punin, make a new thread, 100% self moderated. remove all trolling and off topic issues.
How do I do that?

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:56:30 PM

How do I do that?

Not any more this time preferably, it will make the whole thing even much more confusing. Please clarify the open questions instead.

Thank you.
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:14:59 PM

Update

CURRENT HIGHEST BID IS 40 BTC. Pretty low price for about 8-9TH of hashing power IMHO.  Grin

I was about to cancel this auction due to BitcoinTalk downtime, but decided to let it continue now that the site is now back to normal. Even if bitcointalk goes down, the auction will continue as bids can be proved via blockchain.

Please make all bids as full bids to address 1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq. All non-winning bids will be returned to the sending address!

please clarify how many confirmations the bid needs to have at the deadline

No confirmations are required at the deadline (as long as they confirm later).

Shipping will only occur after full price has been paid, so be sure to have that BTC ready. Delays tend to be expensive in bitcoin business.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:23:09 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but I absolutely can not understand this 12hr clock. Is 12:00 AM noon or midnight?
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:50:24 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but I absolutely can not understand this 12hr clock. Is 12:00 AM noon or midnight?

midnight.

is there a minimum? I'll bid 45 if you will sell it for 45 btc. also, is there escrow?
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:27:46 PM

midnight.

is there a minimum? I'll bid 45 if you will sell it for 45 btc. also, is there escrow?

u dont need escrow for punin Smiley
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:36:15 PM

midnight.

u dont need escrow for punin Smiley

ok, ill bite then
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:33:40 AM

is there a minimum price?
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:40:55 AM

Anyone wanna split it up 3/4 ways?
Barntech

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:02:01 AM

Ok, so just to be perfectly clear, would be good to get answers to these questions:

Is this auction is still going ahead?

Is there a minimum price?

Current highest bid is 45BTC?

The auction finishes in 20 hrs from right now?

Punin, can you please answer these questions ASAP.

Cheers

Barntech
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 05:30:28 AM

This auction is still going ahead

There is no minimum price

Current highest bid is 101BTC

Auction finishes 11.59.59 AM GMT ie. in about 30h 30mins

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Barntech

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:43:58 AM

Great. Thanks for your response.

Thinking it might be good to have a countdown. Let me know if this one is accurate:

Timer removed. End time: 2013-10-09+11:59:59GMT
Barntech

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:59:15 AM

What forms of payment will you accept for the full payment on the reel?
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 06:19:19 AM

BTC would be nicer as it can be proved, but we do accept wire transfer also.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
kevinm

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:45:11 AM

What is the point of taking "sealed bids" by PM if you are going to make the best bid public knowledge?
Surely it is one or the other  Sad

cheers,
kev
Barntech

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:13:53 AM

BTC would be nicer as it can be proved, but we do accept wire transfer also.

Ok good to know

What is the point of taking "sealed bids" by PM if you are going to make the best bid public knowledge?

cheers,
kev

All bids are public knowledge, as are all bitcoin transactions ever.

https://blockchain.info/address/1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 08:42:50 AM

cheers,
kev

Who said anything about sealed bids? All bids are public as they're BTC transfers. I think this is the fairest way to go about this auction. (everyone will be able to verify I've returned all non-winning bids)

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
kevinm

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:23:03 AM

Point taken Gents,
Wasn't suggesting any wrongdoing,
it just seemed a little odd that the auction bids were not completely open in the forum.
guess it adds to the intrigue  Wink

cheers,
kev
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:34:13 AM

Open to the public bids are always better.
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 11:08:40 AM

You can always check the bids on https://blockchain.info/address/1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
wonko

Activity: 155

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:42:01 PM

Hey punin I'll buy you a bottle of vodka if you chop a couple chips off the end of that reel and send them to me  Grin
kevinm

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:02:05 PM

Hey punin I'll buy you a bottle of vodka if you chop a couple chips off the end of that reel and send them to me  Grin

Hey wonko, ill send you a bottle of finlandia vodka for 20 chips,
let me know if it works for you,

cheers
kev
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:02:24 PM

Two bottles here...Smiley

intron
KNK

Activity: 692

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:10:04 PM

Barrel of Rakia for the whole reel Smiley

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
kevinm

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Why would you go straight up to 200 BTC ?    WHOOO WHOOO

Hope its got anchovies on it...   Smiley

cheer
kev
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:47:48 PM

given the structure of the auction i can see no reason to snipe.  if you actually want to buy it, you should bid what it is worth to you, or you will probably lose it.  the only adjustment to this calculus is the fact that you might want to buy it too much.  but if you think your valuation is irrational, then you probably shouldn't be bidding in the first place.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
kevinm

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:52:28 PM

has this place lost its fun?
we will see in the last few minutes,
i take it you are not bidding,

relax,

cheers,
kev
GandalfG

Activity: 259

Dig your freedom

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:51:56 PM

I see there only 5 transaction, highest are 2 BTC
Where are 40, 45, 101 BTC bid ?

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 05:00:44 PM

From OP:

All bids are made by sending 1% of your target BTC bid price to 1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
GandalfG

Dig your freedom

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:07:53 PM

From OP:

Thx Punin I must drink some coffee Smiley Miss important record in OP.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:38:51 PM

how much time is left?
KNK

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:40:24 PM

how much time is left?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305968.msg3297712#msg3297712

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:18:22 PM

Ah didnt see that. Thanks.
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:45:47 PM

Two bottles here...Smiley

intron

Intron 2 bottles for you, and crate for Punin
And all of them finest Polish Wink
Send in ice by UPS Express
or
I will double it If you decide for local pick up with degustation...  Grin

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
CoinHedge

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:28:08 AM

Auction is over
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:40:28 AM

Auction is over
no?
Barntech

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:44:26 AM

Not over:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305968.msg
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:47:20 AM

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:50:13 AM

Highest bid as of now is 2.01x100 = 201BTC https://blockchain.info/address/1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:53:51 AM

12AM forum time has passed away already. no idea if the counter above is correct.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:10:49 AM

Here. This was ~20 hours ago.
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:19:08 AM

Here. This was ~20 hours ago.

aah so it's 11:59.59AM, short of 1 sec to 12pm

Barntech

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:31:28 AM

Thinking it might be good to have a countdown. Let me know if this one is accurate:

Quote from: punin on October 08, 2013, 05:30:28 AM + 30 hrs 30 min = 11:59 AM about 11 hours from now.

Punin can you please confirm.
Barntech

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:31:55 AM

Correction "9 hours from now"
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:24:48 AM

Correction "9 hours from now"

Correction "8 hours from now."
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:27:34 AM

Against apparently common believe posting wrong counters and being confused does not change the rules.

Auction is over.

Please educate yourselfs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:30:05 AM

Against apparently common believe posting wrong counters and being confused does not change the rules.

Auction is over.

Please educate yourselfs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock
Except..... its not.
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 06:10:39 AM

Quote from: punin on October 08, 2013, 05:30:28 AM + 30 hrs 30 min = 11:59 AM about 11 hours from now.

Punin can you please confirm.

I confirm this. Auction has little less than 5h 50m to go. I changed the time a bit in order to avoid confusion what 12AM actually is Smiley Also, due to recent downtime of bitcointalk recently, I figured GMT would be more reliable as a reference time.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:51:22 AM

You change the time by almost twelve hours on page three without noticing anybody? No.
12 am is a very exact definition.
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:57:03 AM

midnight.

Midnight. Correct. Has been asked and clarified.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:57:59 AM

You change the time by almost twelve hours on page three without noticing anybody? No.
12 am is a very exact definition.
He changed it and everyone notice, except you apparently. His change made sense, given the forum down time.
aamarket

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:03:52 AM

well, some parts of the world use 24 hours format, so they find difficult to understand why go from 11 a.m. -> 12 p.m. -> 1 p.m. etc...

I believe with 11:59 a.m. Punin made it crystal clear for everybody.

btw - 260 BTC atm : https://blockchain.info/address/1HzNCRi3Qq3xKj9hyumLG6hhaYwaTPB7dq

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 10:54:49 AM

Update

Just about an hour to go! Currently highest bid for reel is 310BTC.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 11:52:07 AM

We have 315! Going... going...

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 11:57:46 AM

We have 320! Do we have a 325? Going... going..

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 11:58:13 AM

Less than 2 minutes to go!!

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 11:58:57 AM

325!!! Last minute starting!!!

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:02:54 PM

325!!! Last minute starting!!!
Now 370BTC

Message me if you have any problems
Beastlymac

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:27:22 PM

Seems the winning bidder is this person.
https://blockchain.info/tx/c8693b5fce6ab07a97326511b5044af8f4d5e9390cd048f93174e10e92e28694
With a 370BTC bid.

EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:25:52 PM

Well the 370 bid was too late imho (2sec) 2013-10-09 12:00:02
https://blockchain.info/nl/tx/c8693b5fce6ab07a97326511b5044af8f4d5e9390cd048f93174e10e92e28694

The 351 bid was in at the right time 11:59:59
https://blockchain.info/nl/tx/aede0de738c8b0f6dadfb603752a099acb3cce4df0ab9bb923444224ee5eb690

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
KNK

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:31:58 PM

The 370 bid is 2sec late from the deadline, as it is at 2013-10-09 12:00:02 and the last one before that is at 2013-10-09 11:59:59 for 351 BTC ... which one wins, because the received time depends on the network too, so it should be OK to accept it as valid in this case or ?

punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 01:32:26 PM

Auction has ended!

Highest bid of 3.7 was received from 1AF1WmU9Ut2CMuMJWgeBiXb2LMCd6x1GYA, and I consider it to be the winning bid.

I want thank all bidders and will process the refunds for the non-winning bids in the next few hours.

As a bonus we want to make a one time offer for all our top-5 bidders to buy reels at the winning bid price! Please contact me via PM if you're interested. This offer is valid for 48 hours.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
KNK

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

The 370 bid is 2sec late from the deadline, as it is at 2013-10-09 12:00:02 and the last one before that is at 2013-10-09 11:59:59 for 351 BTC ... which one wins, because the received time depends on the network too, so it should be OK to accept it as valid in this case or ?

EDIT: EnJoyThis was faster than me Smiley

clock27

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:04:29 PM

quick call the teenage mutant ninja turtles they'll want the pizza lol

punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:05:06 PM

EDIT: EnJoyThis was faster than me Smiley

We have this thing in Finland called pilkunnussija Smiley

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
CoinHedge

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:23:33 PM

Please follow the rules you made yourself. What is a deadline good for if you bend it as you wish?
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 03:35:08 PM

Would the bidders that made transactions from multiple addresses please state to which address they want the return made to? If you wish to remain anonymous, you can make another transaction from any of the addresses you used to the bidding address.

0.1 BTC 1H1wNVnsChE3PSqFNo5rQyM3Zz5zueGj11 or 14p8TRwvagfHanUgUWN2Hwtseh1ghSueog
1.01 BTC 13oxYTF1CDzz63FV6FDMT7xuzpH8TRnYgb or 1Ftg6UXYHLEtMrFTGjmP6iegi1Q3q3wabL
3.35 BTC 12YYwnfm4Q55XzMBRfHbvTqAYiFKLwMHWs or 1BTnTEZmxjvvsc75AxQkJ7S3reFMMeexKf or 1FahvuqwbeApkrizzSR2B32dFcTXvai288 (this bidder has option to buy at 370BTC if they so choose)

All other bids except winning bid have been returned.

I want to remind that top 5 bidders have the option to purchase at the price of 370 BTC

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
aamarket

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:34:33 PM

Congratulation to the happy winner !
May I kindly ask for a few prototyping chips ?

IMPORTANT:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0,Tips welcome BTC:1AAMARKETmJvfjDwEFmhyYYwfre7ZFVseP  RIC:RGnX6LcJrsVEuYeySDDxkmH7AjRqoprcKt
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:40:24 PM

WTF I offer 0 starting price auction and I get threats from some 15-year old forum noob:

Hello punin,
I got the winning bid for your auction of 3000 Bitfury chips, how do you want to proceed in that matter?
The auction is still on for 25 minutes. Check the thread.
I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I consider your first posts binding and me won the auction.
12am is a clear definition of a point of time and someone even asked in the thread and the correct answer was given.
You cannot just change the auction as you please when it's already ongoing.
There was a significant downtime of bitcointalk and 12AM is a confusing time (even to myself). My original intention was to have this auction end at noon GMT. Hence the clarification that was made well before the deadline.
Still - please think of yourself being in my situation. I made my bid under the honest believe the auction would end in 5 minutes.
I do not want anything for free and I am willing to stand to my word and honor my bid.

I appreciate your nice way of communicating and would love if we can find an agreement without getting nasty. But you need to face the fact that you are running a company and there is a thing called "the law" which unfortunately limits your and my freedom to do as we please.

Thank you.
Please don't ignore me. I have little options left then  Undecided

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:46:24 PM

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
CoinHedge

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:10:38 PM

There is also a thing in Finland called lawsuit.

"A case where two or more people disagree and one or more of the parties take the case to a court for resolution".

It really hurts me but I guess from your cocky behavior that we will need to go this path. Unfortunately it's not the fastest one which is unpleasant especially in ASIC mining business.

I suggest we both sleep over it and if you feel like we can continue talking tomorrow.
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 05:22:43 PM

"A case where two or more people disagree and one or more of the parties take the case to a court for resolution".

It really hurts me but I guess from your cocky behavior that we will need to go this path. Unfortunately it's not the fastest one which is unpleasant especially in ASIC mining business.

I suggest we both sleep over it and if you feel like we can continue talking tomorrow.

Not trying to be a pilkunnussija here, but there's actually no such thing as "lawsuit" in Finland. That would be some english-speaking country. Also in Finland you need to have a case, which in this case you obviously don't have. So I suggest you move along with your life and do something productive. I'm ignoring you from now on.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
GandalfG

Dig your freedom

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:38:21 PM

Okay, admit who won?
And can we  count on a few items from the pie?  Grin

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

Name:    CoinHedge
Activity:    7
Position:    Jr. Member
Date Registered:    October 24, 2012, 09:26:47 AM
Last Active:    Today at 05:31:33 PM

so in almost one year the user have only 7 posts and almost which make 30% of it dogshit.... 
KNK

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:09:35 PM

It seems you have free money to loose, why don't you just donate them to someone?
Transaction to Stashi's address from block 0 (1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa) for some amount with transaction fee for the rest is another option

KNK

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:18:40 PM

Can't edit my message - posting a new one.

@CoinHedge Just to be clear, what i meant is that it was your misunderstanding in this case and you will loose in the lawsuit.
 The end time of the auction was specified (NOT CHANGED) before your bet, so it was your misunderstanding and/or lack of attention to the details.

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

Would the bidders that made transactions from multiple addresses please state to which address they want the return made to? If you wish to remain anonymous, you can make another transaction from any of the addresses you used to the bidding address.

0.1 BTC 1H1wNVnsChE3PSqFNo5rQyM3Zz5zueGj11 or 14p8TRwvagfHanUgUWN2Hwtseh1ghSueog
1.01 BTC 13oxYTF1CDzz63FV6FDMT7xuzpH8TRnYgb or 1Ftg6UXYHLEtMrFTGjmP6iegi1Q3q3wabL
3.35 BTC 12YYwnfm4Q55XzMBRfHbvTqAYiFKLwMHWs or 1BTnTEZmxjvvsc75AxQkJ7S3reFMMeexKf or 1FahvuqwbeApkrizzSR2B32dFcTXvai288 (this bidder has option to buy at 370BTC if they so choose)

I want to remind that top 5 bidders have the option to purchase at the price of 370 BTC

0.1 BTC to 1H1wNVnsChE3PSqFNo5rQyM3Zz5zueGj11 please thanks

punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:17:21 PM

Someone just made a transaction of 0.001 from 1LSRCiD3D8Gv6StwzjFSV3ybNzSdF16raF to auction wallet. Unfortunately this wallet was not present in any bids. Hmm.. maybe PM me the address for return? (must be one of the addresses I listed)

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
punin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:18:48 PM

0.1 BTC to 1H1wNVnsChE3PSqFNo5rQyM3Zz5zueGj11 please thanks
Paid

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
CoinHedge

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:55:27 AM

Please upgrade your website with the necessary legal details.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:09:26 AM

What.
Beastlymac

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:02:23 AM

Just stop a Punin is a highly respectable man who has done a lot of succesful business you are the one who got confused with the information displayed. I am sure if you are in the top 5 bidders you can still buy for 370BTC so just do that.

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:36:07 AM

Just stop a Punin is a highly respectable man who has done a lot of succesful business you are the one who got confused with the information displayed. I am sure if you are in the top 5 bidders you can still buy for 370BTC so just do that.

this was not a a formal auction house event that everything would be legally binding. I would just move on. I had good fun during this auction Wink

CoinHedge

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:08:20 AM

Punin is a highly respectable man

As such he would at least honor the bid for 350BTC which was the highest one inside his own deadline. With him apparently having enough reels keeping his word would have cost him 20BTC, he could still sell the other one for 370.

He was too greedy to do that.

Also keeping a well visible legal notice on a web shop doing business for hundreds of thousands of dollars is not a "nice to have" feature. You are required by law to do so, so your customers know who they are dealing with.
Founding a limited liability company costs 300 Euro in Finland, that should be manageable. What if you send Punin you BTC and next day he has a car accident?
Companies not registered or not paying tax or other shady businesses will fuck up sooner or later, giving your customer a little transparency is not too much to ask.
papamoi

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:44:54 AM

punin,bitfury and else are part of the same greedy team

money and btc are god for them

there is no rules,no words and no self respect with them, only greed and btc are welcome

isnt that cool?
aamarket

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 11:28:01 AM

you know the saying that "the greed is good", right ?

Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:50:36 AM

I finally get what this post is getting at...  Roll Eyes
18RATTT

Activity: 282

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:24:19 AM

punin offered the top 5 bidder 370BTC per reel.

im willing to buy 1200 chips to whoever win the auction.

GandalfG

Dig your freedom

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:02:12 AM

I hope that the person who won the auction make available for the community part of the chips from reel at a reasonable price.
I'd love to redeem, if the price is attractive.

n-gage

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:51:14 PM

Are there any chips still available? We are ready to buy 3000 pcs.
onryo

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:47:45 PM

punin,bitfury and else are part of the same greedy team

money and btc are god for them

there is no rules,no words and no self respect with them, only greed and btc are welcome

isnt that cool?

Your pain is our pain...this should help.

http://kiaspeaks.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/vasoline1.jpg
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: