Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are Americans so fat?  (Read 815 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 11:54:09 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 05:08:41 PM by nullius

Seriously.  In both the East and the West, everybody asks this question.

Loading image...

Oh, dear me.  Pardon, I must go AFK to bathe my eyeballs in bleach.

Why!?

(This thread is self-moderated, because I don’t want to inadvertently create yet another spam megathread for idiots trying to bump their post counts.  Illiterate one-liners and other low-quality posts will be deleted with extreme prejudice.  Let’s keep this thread fit and trim.  But here, I will not delete posts I simply disagree with.  Flame away!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 11:54:50 PM

Note:  I am aware that not all Americans are fat.  And I do know that as with most negative stereotypes, stereotypes about Americans are a matter of 99% of Americans giving the rest a bad name.

Americans who are neither obese nor insane should feel free to seek sympathy in this thread.  My condolences.

fergaschas

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:08:10 AM

Because the fast food prices are cheaper than the rest of the countries.
Furthermore, in Europe we have the Mediterranean diet that is well-balanced
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:18:13 AM

Because the fast food prices are cheaper than the rest of the countries.
Furthermore, in Europe we have the Mediterranean diet that is well-balanced

I do agree that diet is a major component.  Indeed, that was one aspect I liked about the graphic I displayed in OP.

A fast-food diet heavy in carbohydrates and hydrogenated vegetable oils does Americans no good.  Neither does the stereotypical American attitude of self-entitled sloth, indiscipline, and general weakness.

In Europe, there is more than a Mediterranean diet:  All parts of Europe have more traditional diets, each in its own way.  Plus, a European attitude.

tuikindu01

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:40:34 AM

In the final analysis, it is because of the food, and the right to eat, including this form of addiction. And any addiction is an addiction, so there must be a variety of shortages, not one. If other addictions are shown to be hunger, then food and the addiction to food appear to be hunger. Hunger, which is completely free of basic needs, is an addiction.
Rockyxy

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:30:17 AM

Although I don't really like stereotyping, I must say that they are fat because of the Fast food chain that's currently booming in their country and in which aside from that, costs cheaper and is already made. Most of the Americans I know prefers fast food. They say because they're used to it.
lsokalski

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:38:33 AM

Yeah. I agree almost of them are big and fat. Maybe because that their genes. And the other americans they don't care about what they need to eat. They don't have exercise. They don't know about healthy diets.they care about going at work. Eat. And sleep.  Not all of them though. But almost.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:44:27 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), philipma1957 (2)

America is not so much a big country, but more like a big business. There is a lot of money to be made in obesity for a lot of people and companies: healthcare, pharma, sugar, hfcs, fastfood, supermarkets etc.

It's in America's interest to keep people fat, keep prisons full, keep hospitals full, charge people for as much as they can, and fleece them out of their money. Of course everyone has to keep up the pretense that the opposite is true, and many may even believe it. But ask yourself this: do you trust their words or their actions?

:]
cryptojohnstone

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:14:34 AM

very controversial
chybinspirace

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:10:17 PM

Because MC is everywhere and MC is life! I'm from Europe and people there getting more fat too. My girlfriends sister moved to USA 10 years ago and she said that people are mostly fat because you have in USA tons and tons of fast foods. The meal there is very cheap in opposite against restaurant even against food you make at home.

Americans are also very lazy and they just pay a few bucks to get finished meal, than cook meal by yourself.. Huh
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:17:08 PM

I've read a study about people getting fat is because they don't just eat MCdonalds but simply because they are happy. Americans are not all fat but most of those that are unhappy people are skinny - Studies shows that when a person is not a jolly as some, they end up growing with the wrong crowd and not so happy.

sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:27:28 PM

One historical reason is the effectiveness of lobbying by large food conglomerates and other corporations, which heavily influenced the development and accuracy not only of dietary advice and how it was communicated, but also produced lopsided incentives for dietary research. Similarly, product packaging and food advertisement standards are generally more lax in the United States than elsewhere, and the social tolerance of markets and corporations is perhaps also greater.

yurisoares

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:40:15 PM

Because MC is everywhere and MC is life! I'm from Europe and people there getting more fat too. My girlfriends sister moved to USA 10 years ago and she said that people are mostly fat because you have in USA tons and tons of fast foods. The meal there is very cheap in opposite against restaurant even against food you make at home.

Americans are also very lazy and they just pay a few bucks to get finished meal, than cook meal by yourself.. Huh
No, I dont think this is the main reason
You have to work out and keep your muscles busy in order to consume your energy
If you are taking a lot of energy (proteins & carbohydrates) you will start to grow more powerful but if you stop consuming this extra energy these joules will get deposited in the fatty layer
chybinspirace

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:19:44 PM

No, I dont think this is the main reason
You have to work out and keep your muscles busy in order to consume your energy
If you are taking a lot of energy (proteins & carbohydrates) you will start to grow more powerful but if you stop consuming this extra energy these joules will get deposited in the fatty layer

Well, their laziness for making own food is same as laziness for workout. It is quite funny, in USA is many gyms, workout plans DVD, etc..., but in whole country it uses only minimum of people, so piggy piggy here they come!
Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:24:15 PM

If you're tall enough to stand out in a crowd, you're probably aware of your tallness – maybe even self-conscious about it. But imagine that you're in a room full of basketball players. Suddenly, you don't seem so tall anymore.
Jeshe2217

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:29:01 PM

“Americans on average consume about 88 grams of added sugars per day,” says David Zinczenko, author of “Eat This, Not That!” and the forthcoming “Zero Sugar Diet.” The World Health Organization recommends adults get no more than 10 percent of their total caloric intake from sugar — roughly 52 grams a day.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:47:39 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2020, 05:53:25 PM by coolcoinz
Merited by philipma1957 (2)

First of all both women in the picture have no class or style showing off their private parts like that. When you're going out make sure your pants are the right size! Cheesy
Since we're talking sizes, the average American is more overweight than the average European, but I could find literally millions of pictures to support a claim that there are many fit Americans and fat Europeans.
Why are they fatter? I'd blame the fizzy drinks and snacks. The daily routine of many Americans is full of coca cola, sweet drinks from starfucks, muffins, donuts and so on, usually consumed on the go or at work.

Tunaite

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:49:35 PM

Food in the US is cheap compared to how much they earn. They also eat fast food often, which is cooked on the oil and contains a lot of fat.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

Food in the US is cheap compared to how much they earn. They also eat fast food often, which is cooked on the oil and contains a lot of fat.

It's not the fat that's making you fat, however that sounds. It's mostly carbohydrates that give you energy which you are unable to burn. The math is very simple: you consume 2000 calories a day and burn 2200 = you're getting lighter and thinner. Also, you need fats to be healthy, it's just that fried food tends to have more calories in the same size meal, so people lose control of how much they're eating.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:58:04 PM

It's not the fat that's making you fat, however that sounds. It's mostly carbohydrates that give you energy which you are unable to burn. The math is very simple: you consume 2000 calories a day and burn 2200 = you're getting lighter and thinner. Also, you need fats to be healthy, it's just that fried food tends to have more calories in the same size meal, so people lose control of how much they're eating.

Well americans love fast food basically. Everything about these unhealthy foods can make anyone fat. Its also about the lifestyle. I don't know why but many americans seem to  be having a hard time burning all the calories and carbs they took. Probably because of a busy schedule but health should also be taken into importance

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: