Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:37:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up a farm in India. (Lots of Questions)  (Read 258 times)
pnbamania (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:39:24 AM

Hi guys I am trying to set up a mining farm in India and I already have over 20 Antminer S9, L3+ ready to be deployed here in India. I have some questions about power and set up since I am from Canada (NRI). Okay so my questions are. Please note I am in a very remote location and I would have to order everything online.

1) Each house here has 30 amps power and how many amps circuit would I need to upgrade to to run over 20 miners in my house? Or do I need a new meter for my new room with stronger electrical cables

2) what is single phase vs three phase?

3) I am building a room for my mining operations and what kind of wiring should I get?

4) what should I do to ensure that my miners don’t suffer from power surge? Such as power surge protector but I can’t find any online?

5) should I use American sockets and order everything from America? Because it’s so hard to find things here such as a power cord for my Bitmain PSU that can handle that many amps 24/7.

6) what do you guys do to ensure proper cooling? (My locations is very humid) I will need to use a dehumidifier so I don’t get my miners rusty.

7) can I use a A/C in a room that runs 24/7 when temperatures rise over certain limit?
(How would this work with a dehumidifier)

8 ) since I am making this room from scratch and in an residential area what can I do to make it sound proof?

9) what India site is good for buying electrical goods online? Amazon?

Thanks guys

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

Don't setup in India.

Before setting up in the country, you would like the government to first clear its stand if they would be supporting it in coming times. It should not happen that you do all the research ad invest in mining and in some time government comes up with some rules where mining or cryptocurrency is not being supported by them. thus it will end up a huge loss of time, money and efforts.

Sameenali

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:39:41 PM

I am doing a setup in India, Bhopal to be precise. In case if you want to host your miners at my location we can have a talk over whatsapp +91 9111115621
pghr12aditya_s

Activity: 308
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:45:39 AM

Bhai Im also from bhopal. where exactly are you setting up? I have a place. ample supply. PM
we can arrange for something together
nshadab

Activity: 33
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:46:20 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 06:36:23 AM by nshadab

These are really a good number of questions, and very VALID to give it a start in INDIA.

Hi guys I am trying to set up a mining farm in India
Welcome back to india.

and I already have over 20 Antminer S9, L3+ ready to be deployed here in India.
Good to know that you have small army ready to deploy for bitcoin mining.

Please note I am in a very remote location and I would have to order everything online.
First of all if you are planning in INDIA, forget buying everything ONLINE. Here eCom websites never check/control the product quality of third party vendors. Also i have witness myself after payment these websites leave you on your own, in case of faulty products.

So better to research offline mode as well getting products to be used for your mining farm.

Let's come to your questions, i wouldn't be able to address all your questions, but trying my level best whatever i can cover up

1) Each house here has 30 amps power and how many amps circuit would I need to upgrade to to run over 20 miners in my house? Or do I need a new meter for my new room with stronger electrical cables
1400w / 220v = 6.36 amps hope you can calculate further.

2) what is single phase vs three phase?
In India a single-phase supply is a 230V supply through two wires and 3-phase supply is 415 V supply through 4 wires and in the house the line can be divided to give 230V at individual point. The basic difference between the two is that a three-phase connection can handle heavy load while a single-phase cannot.

4) what should I do to ensure that my miners don’t suffer from power surge? Such as power surge protector but I can’t find any online?
power surge is an over/down supply of voltage from the power company that can last up to 50 microseconds. It happens a lot in INDIA. I suggest you to find a local vendor who can build you a good 20kw CVT (constant voltage transformer). Make sure they use Brass wiring into that, dont go for Aluminum wiring. Dont try to find it online, use some local source, as in case of any fault you can get service easily.

5) should I use American sockets and order everything from America? Because it’s so hard to find things here such as a power cord for my Bitmain PSU that can handle that many amps 24/7.
if you are planning to use American sockets, use converters. Else you can easily find the power cords in DELHI, especially the Nehru Palace.

6) what do you guys do to ensure proper cooling? (My locations is very humid) I will need to use a dehumidifier so I don’t get my miners rusty.
I am not sure which indian area you planning your farm. humid is everywhere. AC is the only option you may have.

7) can I use a A/C in a room that runs 24/7 when temperatures rise over certain limit?
(How would this work with a dehumidifier)
Why using both. Try using air conditioner as dehumidifier.
https://www.priorityrental.com/can-air-conditioner-used-dehumidifier/

8 ) since I am making this room from scratch and in an residential area what can I do to make it sound proof?
Very good question.

Install sound curtains or thick blankets
Install a door sweep
Use acoustic wedges panels

but still i am not much sure, if it can handle your 20 S9 monsters.

9) what India site is good for buying electrical goods online? Amazon?
I recommend, going into local market and research and buy ANCHOR or HAVELL brand.

Amazon itself is good and giant name, but the third party vendors are selling DIRT.

At last BEST OF LUCK for your mining farm.

Happy BTC mining.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:36:55 AM

I am doing a setup in India, Bhopal to be precise. In case if you want to host your miners at my location we can have a talk over whatsapp +91 9111115621

Is your setup done or still yet to begin? What coin are your going to mine and how much big you are planning or setup? You would have done all your calculation before hand as what you expect the returns , the cost involve din setting up etc. Can you provide the details as how does it stand and ROI expected time?

chanMess

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:56:05 PM

Please i listen me ,i'm also a victim as the guys who have mentioned in the thread ,i have lost around 1-1.5 lakhs by buying electronic goods online ,if you buy in a shop you can have a deal with the shop ,if you buy online if you have to travel from your place to some other city just to claim warranty or to inform them that product is defect when it comes to electronics amazon also worst ,they dont have contact numbers of manufacturers its a pain the ass
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:37:12 PM

India is a worst place to setup once people know that mining is profitable they can break into house and might steal the gpus,i myself planning to invest in some other place

Firstly the electricity bill only is going to kill you because it has high cost/per unit and with the difficulty level being getting higher as the days pass profitability will be hard to get by and thus making it years because you get returns on your investment.

nshadab

Activity: 33
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:40:28 AM

Hi guys I am trying to set up a mining farm in India and I already have over 20 Antminer S9, L3+ ready to be deployed here in India.

interested to know, have you setup? if yes... what is the exp?
kohlicool54

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:34:22 AM

Do you people had any problem in getting your ASIC shipped to India.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: