Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just made a million by investing an ICO with my friend, what now?  (Read 530 times)
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:07:00 AM

Hmm... You did not mention the token or coin you were referring to, but let me assume this is not true, considering no token or altcoin have gone that huge in 2 months and also for the fact that you posted this when the whole market has been in a downtrend, so you would not mind me doubting your claim.

However, if you are real, having a lot of gain like that already is a very good one. Usually, I normally have target for ICOs, and I monitor their trend anyway, which makes me not to end up missing out on a good value. If you can follow trend, you should be fine. If you cannot, just sell some huge part of it, and look for new projects to invest in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:13:07 AM

There are something to your investment, and it is good. Very interesting. I hope that your friendship will not end up because of money. Be watchful because more people already was destroyed by the charm of money. I hope that it will grow more not only the money but also your friendship.
Spiero7

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

That super cool, I wanna congratulate you and hope to be like you in the coming months also. Well, I will advise you enjoy life with some of the money, while you re-invest in some sure icos and also some bits of trading to earn more.
ZaBelyi

Activity: 127
Merit: 2

Product almost ready flycare.com

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:41:17 AM

Two months ago I found a website with all sorts of ICO information.
Immediately I told my friend Edward and after researching on Holdernews for 3 days,
together we put 5000 dollar to invest
the token had just hit 1 million dollar yesterday on OKEX
What now, how should we split?

update:
200x is reasonable since we buy in at the price of PRIVATE SALE
I know, right? The ICO game is rigged... people investing in private sale stage always get the best price...

Well, not bad, I like the way it was, but I certainly not 5000$ invested, and the$ 500 has gained nearly 30,000$...and if would now deduced the 40,000$...Not a million of course but still.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:45:15 AM

You made decent money with the help of your friend by choosing the right project. Within couple of days you made million dollars, really it is the very good deal but at the same time, there is huge risk involved in the ICO but you challenged it by choosing the right coin.
Topher65g

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:47:00 AM

Congrats! But I think you need to come up with your own investment decisions.
MassGrid

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:47:27 AM

Immediately I told my friend Edward and after researching on Holdernews for 3 days,

I think you have misunderstood.
You probably meant that the Market Cap hitted 1 Million or maybe the Volume?, not that you made $1000000.

From $5000 to $1000000 is an increase of 19900%.
There are no cryptocurrencies or tokens that have had that amount of percentage increase in the past months.

I agree, or else can you share with us which coin is this.  
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:12:24 AM

What ICO was? Congratulations... you are a rich man now! If I were you, I would sell at least half and make diversification to protect your gain...
That should really be the first question. With the trend in the market, I doubt if any ICO is doing any good now, except for few though and I recently saw one coin on coinmarketcap recently during the downtrend getting pumped hugely and that surprised me. If he is for real, then he is in for some nice treat for life because all he need now is to be smart.

He does not even need to know much about trading and if he can do some risk management and long term trend following, that would help him to join the whales in any good altcoin market by buying when everyone is scared and dumping, and then selling when everyone is trying to rush in and catch-up.
Arkitekt

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

to da mooon

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:22:18 AM

20000% no mention of which coin your referring to? That would be key information in regards to your question since if it was an actually good coin, some of us may advise to hodl some of it but it's impossible to really give you much more than "sell some, hodl the rest" with no more information provided from OP..
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:59:23 AM
Merited by Kevin77 (2)

Now just do not rush, invest further, make more money and have a rest! Make your dreams come true!
Just enjoy it!
I am sure by now his dreams have already come true with that amount of money. With that, he can easily set up himself for life if he is smart enough to make good use of all his holdings. There are so many upcoming ICOs, and I would not be holding an overbought coin when I know the chances of having a huge retrace or change of trend may be high, So, I would rather prefer to go huge on some other new ones and keep making the money forever while enlarging my businesses outside cryptocurrency.

Surprisingly a lot of people are busy falling for it and then congratulating the dude for his progress in lying. $5000 to $1million ?
I would have bought myself a private jet by now if any of my token that I am holding even decided to reach half of that increase in percentage.

I am sure he has exaggerated this but whichever way, for the sake of giving out advice, since he did research before hitting a token that gave him up to that, he should not find it hard in doing research to know the next thing to do. Ok, that is my own advice.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:12:41 PM

Immediately I told my friend Edward and together we put 5000 dollar to invest

That's must be in your planned. If your investment are well divided then you should split you profits equally. I think you can solve your problem together with your friend not us. But in my opinion, you can hold your coins because I think this is the bullish time of it specially that the coin moves up yesterday. Hold till you know that the price will slowly goes down.
You should not even need anyone to tell him what to do at this spot. That is a lot of money already, but for real, only those who invest in the private sale usually get the best of the project as long as it is a good one. That turnover though from $5000 ? Wow ! For me, I would withdraw, take out some into some offline businesses to diversify, and then invest in other upcoming ICOs for the long run. This is already a starting point of something huge for him and his friend, if they can be wise about it.
GlennEfrain

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

update:
I know, right? The ICO game is rigged... people investing in private sale stage always get the best price...

first of all congrats to you and your friend i would suggest you invest again to make 1 million 10 million
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:30:19 PM

update:

It depends on who invested more. You can easily compute the split if you were able to identify the distribution of investment. You just have to come to an agreement as to what ratio or percentage will be applied based on your distribution of investment. Once you have come up with that ratio, then use it on your profit to compute and determine the split.

CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:37:03 PM

You should always be careful when investing. Aspecially if you invest with your friends and you have joint capital.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:37:32 PM

If i were you i will secure the half into a safeplace hardwallet? so that the other half would be use to get more investments so you can make more money from your initial investments,you did have a good experience with that ICO surely most of the people who bought that in private sales has made millions of dollars right now.

integrap

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

There are many projects and ICO. You both should be lucky. Putting $500 on ICO is very risky for me. You should have luck. I am happy about that you got millions now. I hope one day I will have as well.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: