Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS NOT BUBBLE!!  (Read 1444 times)
qwerty12 (OP)

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:41:03 PM

Today, the Internet World is full of people who are called economists who say bitcoin is a "bubble." they seemed to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt. They say that the bitcoin high price rally will be a disaster. however, it looks like they just hate cryptocurrency. many of these experts do not fully understand bitcoin.

Bitcoin is special. This is not a company that can lose profitability and fail. This is certainly not a speculative real estate scam that could collapse due to government and bank fraud. Bitcoin is something else. Its value does not increase due to market lies. This is increasing because it is a life-changing financial discovery. This increases as more people adopt it.

Bitcoin also grows as a result of basic economy. Its supply is limited to 21 million units and this certainly makes assets scarce.  If something is scarce and many people want it, then, its value will eventually increase.

So.. Bitcoin is not Bubble!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:52:26 PM

Bitcoin was invented as a currency that will become an alternative for all Fiat. Perhaps the price of bitcoin has been artificially increased, but it is our fault. We drugged him with speculative capital. Now the price has returned to the real indicators. Perhaps now the volatility of bitcoin will decrease and the price will grow slowly. I don't see any signs of a bubble.
harshmonty3

Activity: 95
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

The Price of Bitcoin and Altcoins are in control of whales (have huge amount of holdings).

They can dump and pump the price anytime.
We need more distribution so that the price will be stable.

I don't think so Bitcoin is a Bubble.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:18:15 PM
Merited by seoincorporation (1)

the problem with the term "bubble" and bitcoin has always been one thing, in my opinion.
people think bitcoin is only a bubble if it has gone up above some arbitrary price that they have in mind. for some this may be $1000 even and for others it may be $10k. and then they expect a bubble burst to be catastrophic and they say for example if price started dropping from $20k it should fall down to $1k so that they are satisfied there is no more bubble!

the reality is very different though!
bubbles happen, in fact we already had a lot of bitcoin bubbles and at least 4 or 5 huge ones and each time they burst and market corrects itself while a bunch of people are screaming weird low numbers! $20k was a bubble, so was $1200 of 2013, and so was $200 before that, and even $1 at some point.
in fact the roller coaster thing is basically this rise and fall when bitcoin enters its bubbles, then they burst and we have a huge drop because of panic (not only because of bubble) and then we start rising back up again.

so i think saying "bitcoin is not a bubble" is as wrong as saying "bitcoin is a bubble".  at times we have bubbles and they don't last long and just because price is dropping it doesn't mean we are still in a bubble!

There is a FOMO brewing...
YourHumbleCorrespondent

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 02:31:04 PM

If you call going from $1000 to $19,000 in a year then declining sharply a bubble, then sure, it's a bubble.

But if you factor in that it didn't go crashing back down to zero but hit resistance points at $10,000, $9,000 and $8,000 and is now testing $7,000, then it's deflating slowly rather than bursting.

But even if it slides all the way down to $2,000, it still almost doubled in a little over a year. I'll take that kind of bubble every day.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

Today, the Internet World is full of people who are called economists who say bitcoin is a "bubble." they seemed to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt. They say that the bitcoin high price rally will be a disaster. however, it looks like they just hate cryptocurrency. many of these experts do not fully understand bitcoin.

Bitcoin is special. This is not a company that can lose profitability and fail. This is certainly not a speculative real estate scam that could collapse due to government and bank fraud. Bitcoin is something else. Its value does not increase due to market lies. This is increasing because it is a life-changing financial discovery. This increases as more people adopt it.

Bitcoin also grows as a result of basic economy. Its supply is limited to 21 million units and this certainly makes assets scarce.  If something is scarce and many people want it, then, its value will eventually increase.

I think Bitcoin is not a bubble, why? It is because Bitcoin now has it's boundary on its drop and would not become zero, unless people will stop patronizing cryptocurrencies.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:59:34 PM

Only people who don't understand Bitcoin call it a bubble, or even worse reference the Tulip Mania. It is like they are saying things without even know what they are saying, dare I say are they begin ignorant? Roll Eyes

cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:14:34 PM

Only people who don't understand Bitcoin call it a bubble, or even worse reference the Tulip Mania. It is like they are saying things without even know what they are saying, dare I say are they begin ignorant? Roll Eyes
If it is a bubble it might had ended  earlier but why it gone this far and why it  just not ended when the time it is in the time struggle and why it is earn acceptance people around the world.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:11:07 PM

I define a bubble as an event in which a speculation-based positive feedback loop pushes the price of asset far above a reasonable value (based on a risk-adjusted discounted future price), inevitably followed by a crash that returns the price to rationality.

Bitcoin is clearly in a bubble (that has popped). However, unlike the FUDsters, I don't believe that a reasonable future price is 0.

This current bubble is not unusual or unique in any way as Bitcoin has experienced several bubbles in the past. This one has been moderate compared to the others.

My prediction is that the price will level out at around $5000 over the next several months and then perhaps start slowly rising again as people see that Bitcoin is not going away.

I have been an active investor and entrepreneur for decades, and I have been actively involved with Bitcoin since 2011. I feel that those who claim that Bitcoin is not in a bubble are the ignorant (or perhaps just wishful) ones.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:44:50 PM

As a few others have mentioned, Bitcoin has definitely experienced bubbles, but that does not mean that it is a worthless asset. There are famous bubbles like the tulip bubble which really were insane and there was nothing supporting it but that's not the case for bitcoin. The bubbles in this case are no different to the ones we see with house prices or stocks, the price increases above where it should reasonably be and then corrects back to a more reasonable level. People seem too set in the idea that a bubble must end with something falling to 0.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:48:14 PM

Well they actually say bitcoin is currently in a bubble, not that the whole thing is a bubble. Or at least that's my view of it. At certain times there is a growth face that expands like a bubble and may at some point pop in future, that doesn't mean that it will completely crash to zero, but that popping event can analogous to a severe dip in value, similar to the drip we're seeing now.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:51:06 PM

I think, the original idea of bitcoin was to be a currency, what everyone can use  to buy absolutely everything without the participation of the Bank.  Public attention, what bitcoin received in end of  2017, quite increased his price and has generated many rumors about "bubble". But I'm more than sure, that everyone, who calling bitcoin "bubble" just understand how it works.
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 09:02:45 PM

Bitcoin still has some bubble side because it has not enough real world usage yet. Bitcoin was not bubble till $4k price but then it moved very fast with new comer FOMOers like any bubble. $20k price was so fast for real price of BTC. it was not healthy move. I believe after this bloodbath we finally can find real movement of price by the time

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:27:09 PM

I think you are getting your terminology mixed up a little. For one, no Bitcoin is not bubble, but it is in a bubble, or at least it was until it started to deflate (pop).

Just because something is in a bubble doesn't necessarily mean it is illegitimate, a scam, or worthless. The economy can be in a bubble at times, the US housing market was in a bubble in the early 2000's, some stocks can be in a bubble.

A bubble simply means that something's price, such as an asset like Bitcoin, is trading way too high above its intrinsic value. Of course, some could argue what Bitcoin's intrinsic value is all day long, some have even went so far as to claim it has no intrinsic value.

I do think it has intrinsic value, but at the same time I do not think it is worth $10k or $20k at this point in its life.

This means it was in a bubble during that run-up in price to $20k, it is now deflating to what it's true price should be considering the stage of its development, current adoption, and the usefulness it provides over alternatives. I am sure over the next few months we will discover what its intrinsic value is to the market, but I do suspect it is going to be closer to $2,500-$4,000 range.

$20k will come again, but it is way to early now for such a high valuation. Maybe another 5 years we will get there and be standing on solid ground, where everyone is not worried the (price) floor is going to disappear out from under them at any second like we were a few months ago.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

Everything you might have said might be true, but what if the world suddenly doesn't want bitcoins? What if it has found something a lot better? What if all the governments in the world suddenly bans bitcoins, and making it extremely hard to use? There are a lot of factors that could destroy that demand, and that has continuously been threatening bitcoins. Don't get me wrong, I am a complete supporter of bitcoins, but there are just those threats to it that we should accept as well.
BartS

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:43:23 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble we have known that for a long time, however that does not mean that the price of bitcoin cannot bubble once in a while and that is what we saw in the recent months and that is why we saw the current crash however more than bitcoin I see many altcoins as a problem since you can create an unlimited amount of altcoins by just copy pasting the code of bitcoin, altcoins are the main culprit of what is happening after all many people invest in those coins not because they believe in the projects but just as a way to make money and that is just speculation.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

Today, the Internet World is full of people who are called economists who say bitcoin is a "bubble." they seemed to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
When someone seems to be knowledgeable in bitcoin or he does know few things about it. He starts to become an analysts, economists and as well as predictor.
They only hate bitcoin and what they want is to continue spreading FUD so that those newbies and weak handlers will start to be skeptic and will follow on what they are suggesting to others.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:57:36 PM

I am100% in the same page with you.The definition of a bubble is not in the same line of thought as compared with Bitcoin in my opinion. Now, Bitcoin price fluctuations has lead many people considering bitcoin as a bubble but it's naver a bubble and it won't be in the future. Some people has gotten a wrong mind set about bitcoun and they thought that with such attitudes, they can destroying the currency.

I must point out here that Bitcoin,obviously is following thesame rule as other fait currency except it been decentralized,that is ,without some persons control. This factor has become a pain in the mind many people and even many nations and governments.
Finally, Bitcoin is a currency and it's playing it economic roll as other visual money (fiat money) is doing.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 10:25:13 PM

If you call going from $1000 to $19,000 in a year then declining sharply a bubble, then sure, it's a bubble.

But if you factor in that it didn't go crashing back down to zero but hit resistance points at $10,000, $9,000 and $8,000 and is now testing $7,000, then it's deflating slowly rather than bursting.

But even if it slides all the way down to $2,000, it still almost doubled in a little over a year. I'll take that kind of bubble every day.

at last someone who uses some brain before pressing the "Post" button. I agree with you wholeheartedly. As you well stated, even if it hit $2000 still no other bank would offer this same level of profitability.

Many people tend to forget that other traditional means of investment will never be able to match the great profitability of cryptos.

Thank you for reminding us of this aspect.
layoutph

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 11:34:25 PM

Lets face it,  BTC is in trouble.  bTC's Bubble exploded at 19k.  Now we are heading downto  3k or lower.  After that another journey for BTC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: