Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OMBRE] Cryptonote privacy coin  (Read 30943 times)
crypto-sr

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

If you still can't get the current wallet to work, try using the previous release, this works for most people. There are some bugs in the current release that we are working hard on fixing. The current version should be patched and fully functional soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
air133

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:18:41 PM

i download last guiwallet.
they synchronized at 100% but show "Loading wallet" and not start(
GoolGaul

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:33:36 PM

I love it when a wallet doesn't work while a price is high, but magically gets fixed after a 40% drop...
Lincoltavia

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:07:24 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 10:06:01 AM by Lincoltavia

I don't see any interest in this project... Looks to have issues, you wrote that you want to cooperate with other crypto but does other coins want to cooperate with you??? Really no difference with other cryptonote coins. Other coins already have RingCT if it is supposed to be your major interest.

Spelling mistakes in your presentation, GUI wallet which doesn't work, no premine but you take 6% of each block (ok with that but need more guarantee), no information about who you are, about where the money goes (investment in the project?), a basic name which doesn't fit to a coin... Be careful...
GoolGaul

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:50:09 PM

such great Devs...

Asked for some assistance - 4 days ago - when the coin was at 100 sats...

Now it's down to 21 sats.

can't get into their chat channel either... which is good, cause I'd just be talking shit about their coin anyway.

I hope it goes to 1 sat and stays there.  Shitcoin deluxe.
GoolGaul

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:56:42 PM

This project should be trusted and value. I’m looking forward to joining in this

responsiveness, above many other attributes, builds trust...
Aescend

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

such great Devs...

can't get into their chat channel either... which is good, cause I'd just be talking shit about their coin anyway.

The project isnt even 2 months old yet but far from a shitcoin. Devs are very active and working hard on issues and new developments. As far as the price dropping, with such small volume it would take nothing to send price back to 100 sats. And the issues with joining chat have been fixed so youre welcome to come talk shit if you want...
Bluecore

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:09:39 PM

Evening everyone,

My apologies for the lack of communication. I usually get email updates when people post on this thread; however, the seemed to stop coming.

Please give me a moment while I answer all of your questions and concerns regarding the current state of Ombre.
GoolGaul

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:28:27 PM

such great Devs...

The project isnt even 2 months old yet but far from a shitcoin. Devs are very active and working hard on issues and new developments. As far as the price dropping, with such small volume it would take nothing to send price back to 100 sats. And the issues with joining chat have been fixed so youre welcome to come talk shit if you want...

I don't wanna talk shit.  actually quite the opposite, I would LOVE it if this coin took off like crazy.  I would like it even more if someone would help to resolve issues, not much to ask...
Aescend

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:53:56 AM

such great Devs...

I don't wanna talk shit.  actually quite the opposite, I would LOVE it if this coin took off like crazy.  I would like it even more if someone would help to resolve issues, not much to ask...

I apologize if I seemed hostile with that comment, just used to too many people calling everything a scam and creating FUD without any justification. Devs werent aware of the issue with joining the chat room, and have been very busy dealing with issues on the project. There are lots of good folks in the chat to help with any issues you might have, so feel free to voice any issues you are having and the community will do their best to help solve them. Ombre has a bright future and its a great time to purchase or mine some.
Bluecore

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:07:27 AM

Some frequently asked questions:

Will Ombre change its difficulty algorithm? If so when? How do I get ready? What pool should I mine on to be ready? What software should I use to get ready?

Yes, Ombre will change its difficulty algorithm on block 72,000. You have until then to get ready!
Ombre will update to using CryptoNight Heavy.

If you are a just a user of Ombre, ensure you have the latest release of Ombre before the fork.
https://github.com/ombre-projects/ombre/releases - CLI
https://github.com/ombre-projects/OmbreGUIWallet/releases - GUI

If you are a miner make sure to contact the pool operator you are mining at to ensure they are using the latest Ombre binaries. Check to make sure your miner is compatible with CryptoNight Heavy as well.

My wallet is stuck on block XXXXX/70,000! I'm stuck at 99%! I'm stuck at 1/1 blocks synced, something is wrong here! How do I import the blockchain?

Your wallet is stuck because your node has downloaded blocks that aren't good or useful. The best way to fix this will be to delete the entire blockchain and sync from scratch using the newest updated software. The CLI wallet also comes with a Blockchain importer that allows you to import a copy of the blockchain
like this
https://infinity-pools.cc/blockchain.raw
And by using this command
Code:
ombre-blockchain-import —verify 0 —resume 1 —input-file blockchain.raw

If you need help with this process, please join our Telegram chat so we can assist you.

Should I buy Ombre? Why should I use or care about it? What makes Ombre different?

The question of if you should buy Ombre or mine it is really up to you. Ombre promises a fast(est), cheap, payment system while still keeping the strong privacy of other coins like Monero. In the future it will be easy to turn store of value coins like Bitcoin and Monero into Ombre, saving you time and money. If you think that is something worthwhile then keep an eye on the project. Ombre has big plans. We just need a little bit more time.  Smiley

Thank you all for your interest in Ombre! If you have any more questions, or if I missed anything please feel free to let me or anyone else know.
Sgsg666

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:25:58 PM

Some frequently asked questions:

Will Ombre change its difficulty algorithm? If so when? How do I get ready? What pool should I mine on to be ready? What software should I use to get ready?

Yes, Ombre will change its difficulty algorithm on block 72,000. You have until then to get ready!
Ombre will update to using CryptoNight Heavy.

If you are a just a user of Ombre, ensure you have the latest release of Ombre before the fork.
https://github.com/ombre-projects/ombre/releases - CLI
https://github.com/ombre-projects/OmbreGUIWallet/releases - GUI

If you are a miner make sure to contact the pool operator you are mining at to ensure they are using the latest Ombre binaries. Check to make sure your miner is compatible with CryptoNight Heavy as well.

My wallet is stuck on block XXXXX/70,000! I'm stuck at 99%! I'm stuck at 1/1 blocks synced, something is wrong here! How do I import the blockchain?

Your wallet is stuck because your node has downloaded blocks that aren't good or useful. The best way to fix this will be to delete the entire blockchain and sync from scratch using the newest updated software. The CLI wallet also comes with a Blockchain importer that allows you to import a copy of the blockchain
like this
https://infinity-pools.cc/blockchain.raw
And by using this command
Code:
ombre-blockchain-import —verify 0 —resume 1 —input-file blockchain.raw

If you need help with this process, please join our Telegram chat so we can assist you.

Should I buy Ombre? Why should I use or care about it? What makes Ombre different?

The question of if you should buy Ombre or mine it is really up to you. Ombre promises a fast(est), cheap, payment system while still keeping the strong privacy of other coins like Monero. In the future it will be easy to turn store of value coins like Bitcoin and Monero into Ombre, saving you time and money. If you think that is something worthwhile then keep an eye on the project. Ombre has big plans. We just need a little bit more time.  Smiley

Thank you all for your interest in Ombre! If you have any more questions, or if I missed anything please feel free to let me or anyone else know.

Cool! another CN-heavy coin, this algorigthm is not on nicehash atm and saves more electricity compared to CNv7/1. Good luck yall
rambetiko

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:10:31 PM

wallet sync not working. stop 58500
Bluecore

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:01:37 AM

wallet sync not working. stop 58500

Ensure you have the latest release of Ombre and resync the blockchain.
heden

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:27:21 AM

I have mined  at the pool.ombre.io and got a payment.
The current status is :

Pending Balance: 0.000000000 OMB
Total Paid: 24.786000000 OMB
Next payment: 0.000000000
Last Share Submitted: 11 days ago
Hash Rate: 0 H/sec
Total Hashes Submitted: 7504280

Payments
Time Sent                    Transaction Hash                                                                             Amount    Mixin
2018/4/14 19:16:16   a53295fcfe016b59ce6db8427100a5b6b18769ac9bf4536188298bb23dfef75b   24.7860   10

Good. But clicking the transaction hash entry, I get the message

Cant get tx: a53295fcfe016b59ce6db8427100a5b6b18769ac9bf4536188298bb23dfef75b

and the balance of my wallet shows 0. Where is my coins? The pool's fee is 100%? Huh
Bitcoin2018

Activity: 216
Merit: 3

FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:43:15 AM

Unfortuntely it is not enough to be private. Do you plan to implement any functionality of smartcontracts? Or it will just coin?

Could you make some comparsion with another Cryptonote coins, it will help to se the difference.

Thanks

FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY
$$$ Anonymous Bitcoin $$$
≫ AnonymousBitcoin.io ≪ [t.me/anonymousbitcoin]
SadBatman (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

Our hardfork to cryptonight heavy and larger transaction sizes was a success ! Now we'll focus on releasing the Android wallet.

We also release 1.4 which is available for download now. This release fixes a lot of the synchronisation issues people were having.
Bluecore

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:12:05 PM

I have mined  at the pool.ombre.io and got a payment.
The current status is :

Pending Balance: 0.000000000 OMB
Total Paid: 24.786000000 OMB
Next payment: 0.000000000
Last Share Submitted: 11 days ago
Hash Rate: 0 H/sec
Total Hashes Submitted: 7504280

Payments
Time Sent                    Transaction Hash                                                                             Amount    Mixin
2018/4/14 19:16:16   a53295fcfe016b59ce6db8427100a5b6b18769ac9bf4536188298bb23dfef75b   24.7860   10

Good. But clicking the transaction hash entry, I get the message

Cant get tx: a53295fcfe016b59ce6db8427100a5b6b18769ac9bf4536188298bb23dfef75b

and the balance of my wallet shows 0. Where is my coins? The pool's fee is 100%? Huh

Do you know what block that payment was sent in? That hash isn't showing up on the explorer. The more details you can give the better.

Unfortuntely it is not enough to be private. Do you plan to implement any functionality of smartcontracts? Or it will just coin?

Could you make some comparsion with another Cryptonote coins, it will help to se the difference.

Thanks

To my knowledge, there aren't any plans to add smart contracts to Ombre. Whether or not it will happen in the future is anyone's guess.

Ombre is about the fastest, stable coin on the market currently. There was no premine. Ombre has software in the works to reimagine Mobile payments. Fees are cheap. Ombre is a pretty good currency.
crypto-sr

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:53:39 AM

Thanks

We don't have any plans to integrate smart-contracts in the near future, however, I'll quickly mention some of our current and long-term goals.

=== Some Current Goals ===
***Note that these are not all of the projects we are working on right now, just some I felt like mentioning***

*We are currently working on a mobile app unlike the mobile wallets of other cryptos. We aim to abstract all of the complexities of using a cryptocurrency. We aim to let anyone benefit from Ombre's fast, cheap and private transactions, but without having to understand, or even think about, the underlying technology. As an example, you will be able to essentially have a balance in your wallet in USD (or whatever currency you want). If you want to transfer X amount of USD to your friend, you simply click a button saying transfer X USD to the desired person on your friend list (or by the destination's username). Without getting too specific, the app will securely and quickly handle all of this by automatic conversions to and from Ombre. This removes the need for trust in a central company (ie venmo/paypal), would be essentially free (tiny fee) to use by both parties (currently paypal makes their money by charging the vendors, not the customers), and gives you complete control over your money. There would be no need to wait 5 days to withdraw your funds from the app and wait for them to be deposited in your bank account (as is the case with Venmo). This app could appeal to everyone outside of the crypto-community, from college students sending each other money, to (hopefully, eventually) institutions using the platform to accept payments.

*Of course, we will also have a standard (but heavily optimized) mobile wallet targeted for experienced crypto users, that want complete control over their node. One of our core developers actually also created Sumokoin's mobile wallet (Sumo's wallet is actually published under his Google Play developer account!).

*Its also worth briefly mentioning that we are also actively researching various optimizations related to cryptonote coins - some of these could have drastic impacts on performance.

*We are adding more functionality to the website. It will be much more informative, and will have more useful embedded resources.

===Future Projects We Are Considering===
Please note that this list is not close to being comprehensive, its just a small sample!
Also these projects are not in active development yet, they are still in the planning and design stage.

*We are researching a better solution to ASICS than cryptonight-heavy. I personally believe that cryptonight-heavy is simply a band-aid rather than a permanent solution. It definitely will be ASIC resistant for a few months or maybe even years, but theres nothing about the algorithm that makes it financially impossible to develop an ASIC for it. The main protection it provides right now, is that current ASICs aren't compatible with it, and the time (and cost) to develop a new ASIC is relatively large. Thus, we are exploring options that would permanently prevent ASICs from being able to mine the coin (profitably). A hurdle with this, is that any algorithm run on a GPU or CPU can inherantly be performed better by an ASIC - the question is how expensive it would be to make.

*This is a long-ways away (1y+), but we also aim to build a 'debit card' that would be linked to your ombre wallet. I won't get into the details about how this would work right now, but essentially, it would allow you to buy things that require FIAT payment, using a card that automatically and instantly converts the correct amount of Ombre to FIAT. Imagine not worrying about the complications of using a credit or debit card (overdraft fees, withdrawal fees, having your funds frozen, etc), while still having access to all the benefits and conveniences associated with credit/debit cards.

======
TLDR; We are currently working on the essentials to make sure our underlying tech is rigid, and we have all the software needed to use the coin normally. Once we have the foundations working rigidly, safely, and free of bugs and problems, we will move to our next stage of development.

The following is just my opinion. If we can successfully show that Ombre can be used just as easily as FIAT, while also being safer, private and faster, we could potentially to revolutionize how society views and uses currencies. I hate using buzzwords such as 'revolutionize' or 'disrupt', but given that this could fundamentally change how currencies work in society, I think the buzzword is appropriate Smiley

I just wanted to share all of this, so that the community knows at least part of the vision of the project!

I apologize for the quality of my writing right now, I'm very sleep deprived!
Gromozecka

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:21:18 PM

Hello everyone. What is the most relevant, the pool for mining, and how to mine? And then the maining is going on, and on pools, at zeroes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: