Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2508 times)
Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:20:21 AM

i don't see about it in the future plan, when the goverment are wining over the bitcoin, i think it can make bitcoin are more worse after all
It's hard to force bitcoin users to leave bitcoin as this is their life part, I'm sure if the goverbment wins over bitcoin then it will not change drastically because not all countries are taking the same steps.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:28:53 AM

The government has been given a deal with the cryptocurrency market. This plan will be launched soon and I hope it will be a win at the end. Cool

Actually, it's been years that issue between government and crypto currencies. In fact some countries adopt crypto currencies as their mode of payments which make sense to every users as they can experience a reliable, easy and fast transactions. Well, in some point there are countries banned crypto currencies as their economy was affected. Thus, we have nothing to do on that if the government will win but eventually some users anticipat that it may happen soon but I believe everything have a reason and solutions to solved that issue.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:38:19 AM

The government will always try to stop the circulation of Bitcoin, they always assume that Bitcoin will endanger the situation in the country. but over time there will be public support for Bitcoin. The state and government do have enormous power, but when we are together to continue to support Bitcoin I am sure Bitcoin can be a legitimate payment medium.
soraxas01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:10:52 AM

If the government wins over bitcoin the freedom that we get will get reduced to what ever extent you may see. But that does not mean if will die it would be just that the bitcoin and its price wont be that much volatile than it is today.
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:35:13 AM

The trend so far is rather acceptance like ability to pay tax with Bitcoin in some states. Only few countries restrict use of Bitcoin. Also moving from get rich quick mentality to serious discussion about acceptance of crypto as next generation money standard, so Bitcoin was never in better shape.
Agapelove

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:36:56 AM

Its less likely for the government to win over bitcoin, but if such event happens most of the perks that people loved and benefited from bitcoin would be gone and it bitcoin will just slowly turn into like normal currency. But as I said its less likely to happen because bitcoin is a technology and a revolution, its a start for cryptocurrency. Its complex block chain tech and decentralized form of currency is out of reach for any government officials that try to control bitcoin.
jayarbillones

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:51:03 AM

for me now bitcoin is not in the best position due to the fact that the government is still in uncertainty,GOVERNMENT can not win bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency related, beside as long internet is functioning bitcoin investment we continue and bitcoin investment/trading has create many job to youths in difference country, and i don't know why GOVERNMENT eyes are still on cryptocurrency.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:06:37 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

For me, government impossibly win over this cryptocurrency! Government try to defeat btc several times but they can't because we still support and love it. Pointedly, people who loved and benefited this cryptocurrency won't let happened to defeat this and beside this crypto running through internet.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:18:46 AM

If the government wins the bitcoin then the bitcoin may be less used. Bitcoin will not be the official currency for daily use as predicted by experts. In some countries like Vietnam the government recommends not to play bitcoin to avoid losing money.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:19:51 AM

I have read the OP and you seem to have a point there. Now, in my case, if the government wins over bitcoin (for whatever that means) then nothing has to change. Same old game, but its just regulated and taxed... the oldies won't worry about that, we have plenty of bitcoins anyway. Sell it to the noobs and let them be taxed, let's enjoy the profit and die.
fire rab1

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

Nothing will be able to prevent you or anyone else from using Bitcoin, and that will never change. Governments can and should acknowledge Bitcoin's presence, and know that it is here to stay. Governments want to stop money laundering and other criminal activities, but the main reason is that they want to tax cryptocurrencies and keep control. If government declares it as illegal then BTC transactions in that particular country will be stopped and people will have no way to change BTC into their respective currency. If government declared it as legal then some regulations will be imposed on it.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

The government and the countries will never be able to stop the revolutionary technologies of blockchain, because these new technologies bring freedom, transparency and development for the society.
guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:15:31 PM

If one day the government wins over Bitcoin it will certainly be bad news for Bitcoin. Bitcoin will be inhabited by its devotees and the price of Bitcoin will definitely drop dramatically. This is a sign of Bitcoin's death and there are no more people around the world who use Bitcoin as a means of transactions or investment assets. I do not want this to happen sometime in the future.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

If that happens then the big possibility it bitcoin will be tax in all parts of the world. Then if the governments have the ability to control bitcoin then its value will became atable also. And all icos will be registered to avoid scam.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:40:31 PM

That will never happen. Average Everyone in this world supports bitcoin. The government will not be able to fight the people who many more many who support bitcoin.
RealMorda

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:48:08 PM

Governments cannot destroy bitcoin itself because of its decentralized nature. However, they can control and restrict its use in their jurisdiction.
Urbinklin

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:53:15 PM

My opinion is more optimistic. I believe that governments will not be able to ban digital currencies for a long time. Because of this, in the near future will begin a competition for leading positions between the countries in economic matters. And you will have to legalize cryptocurrencies.
bling-bling

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 10:09:04 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

If having control over cryptocurrencies is possible, and the governments have finally placed their hands on the crypto rudder, all we can do is follow. I mean, you simply can't go against the captain's steering in the middle of the sea! Resistance is good if we just want to send out a message.  But if it causes chaos throughout the crypto system, then it would be better for us to shut up. Though the system is stable and the possibility of manipulating it or governments having full control is still far fetched, it would be wise to prepare ourselves for this in case it happens.

CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:18:20 PM

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue.

it is understandable to be worried about what the government is going to do about bitcoin and what kind of regulations they are going to put in place, but at the same time i believe that it doesn't have to be against the "freedom" either. regulations can be good too, they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.

We are living under the good laws and regulations if government wins  I think they made laws to be implies for different currencies such we are doing here in bitcoin for the progress of the country they put us in a proper response of what we are  aiming to reach.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:23:06 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 03:24:54 PM by KuyaBreezy

If the governments win then we can expect the worse, as there will be heavy regulations on the coin, hindering its progress an growth of Bitcoins, which is something the cryptocurrency industry may not like as much. we however hope for the best, that even if the government wins, there will be a considerable agreement and come to a fair conclusion

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: