Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:48:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple excellent company, but time to sell my XRP?  (Read 196 times)
PClay 35 (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Hi All

Got into crypto a while back, and having read up on Ripple, and not having as much knowledge as I should, bought a fair bit of XRP thinking good company = price hike on the XRP. Held on to it, seen a bit of a rise, but really regret not selling on the pre-hype pump linked to the Coinbase saga in Dec. I have held on to the it, believing similar is likely to happen again when it is finally added to Coinbase, but XRP no longer has the appeal it did.

However has the opportunity gone, and the likely x10 increase gone? Part of me thinks the opportunity is still there, part of me thinks, I could be reinvesting this in more worthwhile crypto projects.

Thoughts please, Hodl still?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:53:55 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 12:32:56 PM by niteroy
Merited by getmoremonline (1)

Hi All

Got into crypto a while back, and having read up on Ripple, and not having as much knowledge as I should, bought a fair bit of XRP thinking good company = price hike on the XRP. Held on to it, seen a bit of a rise, but really regret not selling on the pre-hype pump linked to the Coinbase saga in Dec. I have held on to the it, believing similar is likely to happen again when it is finally added to Coinbase, but XRP no longer has the appeal it did.

However has the opportunity gone, and the likely x10 increase gone? Part of me thinks the opportunity is still there, part of me thinks, I could be reinvesting this in more worthwhile crypto projects.

Yes, Ripple has a very strong team, but this coin is different from other cryptocurrencies. There are ambiguous thoughts about it. On the one hand, banks are interested in this coin to facilitate transactions and they invest money in it, but on the other hand banks do not like strong price caps of cryptocurrencies for that they criticize bitcoin. Perhaps with an increase in demand for Ripple, banks will begin to push the price up and it will cost x10 or more, but there may be another scenario where banks will artificially hold prices at a level that they consider profitable for themselves. And in the aftermath of today's news that Ripple has emerged as the leader among the top ten of the Coinmarketcap rating. So, over the past day, the Cryptocurrency has grown by more than 16%. Analysts believe that such growth is due to the successful testing of cross-border payments based on Ripple technology by the South Korean bank Woori Bank. Let me remind you that in February Ripple introduced a new consensus algorithm to ensure further decentralization of the network.
PClay 35 (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:59:40 PM

From what I have seen today, I will be Holding on to it, and decide what to do. I can not believe that listing on Coinbase could make so much of a difference to the price, many seem to overlook the values of the project etc, but I guess when I first got into crypto that was what first drew me in too. I think that XRP is destined at the moment to be pumped only by adding to Coinbase, so when it happens that will be my que to shift it!
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:02:31 PM

Hi All

ripple is not an excellent company, its just a bunch of banksters with access to the us dollar fed printing press that have used it to fund their company

sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:06:26 PM

XRP was never a cryptocurrency and it shouldnt be support by our decentralized community,people doesnt want to support this coin because of its centranlized structure if you have done some research you will find why people hates this coin very much,it has the banking structure and it is support by the central banks.Do you love banks why are you here? we are here for the decentralization of our transactions but XRP is doing is the opposite,would you still invest in a pure manipulated coin?

groundcontrol67

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

From what I have seen today, I will be Holding on to it, and decide what to do. I can not believe that listing on Coinbase could make so much of a difference to the price, many seem to overlook the values of the project etc, but I guess when I first got into crypto that was what first drew me in too. I think that XRP is destined at the moment to be pumped only by adding to Coinbase, so when it happens that will be my que to shift it!

Being added to coinbase is huge because then you can reach all of the investors who really have little idea what they're doing or what they're investing in. Ripple is perfect for them because they're the guys who will simply overlook all of the things that are wrong with ripple and think 'lambo'

DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:14:10 PM

The ripple will not go down. Because XRP has a clear use case. It is one of the largest digital assets by market capitalization. It is designed for use by financial institutions as an on-demand liquidity solution for cross-border payments. For example, payments into emerging markets can require multiple currency traders — added costs — or pre-funded local currency accounts — which often results in the trapped capital. Instead, payment providers and banks can use XRP to fund these payments on demand, without intermediaries, at up to 60% less cost to settle
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:14:22 PM

Hi All

ripple is not an excellent company, its just a bunch of banksters with access to the us dollar fed printing press that have used it to fund their company
Thank you, I was coming in this thread to shred that title apart myself good to know I am not the only one. I'd like to add that 66 billion of the 100 billion supply is locked up and who has access to it? Oh yeah Ripple founders, have fun with that one Roll Eyes.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:14:30 PM

Rumors about adding Ripple to coinbase just started again, so its good time to hold some more time. They may pump it again.
JustusJones86

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:15:38 PM

I will also HODL... Ripple is definetely one of the most interesting cryptocurrencies in the long run.
delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:15:59 PM

Ripple is indeed one of the strongest Crypto in the market today as it were trusted by many giant companies in the world today.
I could say, it's time to see your Ripple XRP when you do get profits from it or maybe you bought it when it was around $0.50 and now that the price value is higher than a buck then you could get 100% profit our of it.
You can sell not only Ripple but some of your altcoins invested when you do get enough profit and that's the main goal for investing crypto and not only throwing our hard earned money in it.

delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:19:12 PM

I will also HODL... Ripple is definetely one of the most interesting cryptocurrencies in the long run.

I am also a Hodler and I am holding a lot of Cryptos including Ripple that's why Ripple is for my long term investments because it will surely pump more in the near future.
Ripple just like Bitcoin and Ethereum had faced numbers of droppings over the last 3 months but Ripple isn't different as it rides the roller-coaster type of crypto market with most of the altcoins in the market.
Ripple already offered me higher investment return so therefore I could might sell them and get my profits but I still choose to hold because as of now I don't need money of my personal expenses because I have a full-time time job career.

beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:27:43 PM

Hi All

Is there any promising coin now because of which it is worthwhile to sell Ripple? While bitcoin does not add revs, all the altcoins will stand in place. It is necessary to keep Ripple and wait for his reaction when bitcoin starts its growth.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:34:10 PM

Already sold my XRP to lock in the gains before the expected dump once the rumour of a coinbase add didn't materialise in the next few days.

Reinvested in NEO and ICX which are undervalued atm.
Previously transferring the profits from one coin to XLM too, and now Stellar has gained by a significant amount too. Not selling Stellar though since it is a much more promissing coin that Ripple's XRP token is.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
faatipoke

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:49:25 PM

Just look at the chart in 2017. Ripple priced increased x20 in may and june, then decreased to its previous prices. Then started increasing in december and reached its previous all time high in January. I expect it will decrease closer to the start point, because this is what happens every time.

louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:46:53 PM

If you think that it is a wise decision then go for it because I had also notice that Ripple market price value is like riding a roller coaster ride which has not really gone to the extra mile. Just an opinion, you may consider investing with the other coins that has a good and remarkable statistical graphic data like monero coin which you could see the upward trend. This maybe a good start for investment for this coin as I see good potential gains in it.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
CriptoNata

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:30:11 PM

If so needed and needed money, then I think you can withdraw some of the XRP and leave the remaining coins for further growth ...
groundcontrol67

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:35:26 PM

Just look at the chart in 2017. Ripple priced increased x20 in may and june, then decreased to its previous prices. Then started increasing in december and reached its previous all time high in January. I expect it will decrease closer to the start point, because this is what happens every time.

This is what happens every time until the time that it doesn't happen. As is always the case when trying to draw conclusions from the past.

Ripple's pricing at this stage is just dependent on the whole market. If the market continues to slide then XRP will continue to slide and could eventually go back to the 20-30c region it was in for some time. If the market recover it will quickly move back to $2 and more.

KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:52:26 AM

Hi All

Yes, Ripple has a very strong team, but this coin is different from other cryptocurrencies. There are ambiguous thoughts about it. On the one hand, banks are interested in this coin to facilitate transactions and they invest money in it, but on the other hand banks do not like strong price caps of cryptocurrencies for that they criticize bitcoin. Perhaps with an increase in demand for Ripple, banks will begin to push the price up and it will cost x10 or more, but there may be another scenario where banks will artificially hold prices at a level that they consider profitable for themselves. And in the aftermath of today's news that Ripple has emerged as the leader among the top ten of the Coinmarketcap rating. So, over the past day, the Cryptocurrency has grown by more than 16%. Analysts believe that such growth is due to the successful testing of cross-border payments based on Ripple technology by the South Korean bank Woori Bank. Let me remind you that in February Ripple introduced a new consensus algorithm to ensure further decentralization of the network.
That’s true. Many investors and people in the world just hesitate to invest in ripple XRP because they think that it is highly centralized and controlled by the banks. But I don’t see this as a disadvantage, rather its an advantage that ripple has such healthy partnerships with strong firms. Moreover ripple has been taking slow steps towards decentralizing its network slowly. I am sure this coin will be of huge utility in the future and will have huge demand. As the partnerships for XRP grow, more the demand grows and so does the price.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:46:45 AM

I think! Ripple has a very strong team not ac company!
 You can invest according to your abilities! Be sure to accept any losses (if any). Be careful when exchanging.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: