Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins brought you massive losses?  (Read 832 times)
alrez

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:42:50 AM

I've lost a lot of money in crypto nxt, on December 25th I bought nxt with the highest price of 29.66 idr / nxt, after that the market fluctuated, I think nxt will get better again, the price will strengthen and go back up, so I keep it, month february no signs nxt will improve, I finally sell at the price of 3.033idr / nxt. even until now nxt never returned to the price where I bought on December 25, 2017 it. And even now it's 1.855idr / nxt, maybe at that time the coin is in the pump, so it will never return to that price again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:45:45 AM

Labcoin make me the biggest lose in my crypto life. Because labcoin is totally a scam, and take away a lot of money.

For me, I lost about 50 bitcoin.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:11:48 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

The only coin that brought me profit was NEO.

But what about you? What are the coins in which you lost your money?

Talking from December 2017, this is a very small time period for calculating your P&L (Profit & Loss).
Over the long term, my biggest gainers are NEO (as I purchased during Antshares ICO), RPX, ETH and few others.

ALTs which gave me massive losses are SIA, XVG, STRAT.
Step NOY

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:02:34 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

no need to buy coins for them...if you want to earn good money it is better to invest in ICO. Coins to buy on them is not a good idea.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:35:04 AM

Personally, I have lost money on such coins:
Stratis, Nem, Ethereum Classic, Eidoo.
And the coin on which I lost the most money is, of course, the king of all currencies - Bitcoin
And how exactly did you lost that money? Because it is kind of difficult to lose money with bitcoin after all in the previous year the price went up, did you invested when the prize was getting out of control? Because if that was the case then that was your mistake after all it was very clear that such a growth was impossible to sustain for the long term.
thatkid1

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:41:44 AM

A friend of mine bought a lot of TRX and It was valued a lot in the peak time, after seeing that he bought a lot more TRX at a high price, then market crashed. The loss is not a lot and he is still holding it. Hope he can see his lambo days soon.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:43:01 AM

The biggest loss was a few years ago when I invested in Beonpush. Later they created their own BeonPushCoin. The most disappointing scam ever. Never buy this coin.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:43:39 AM

EOS, Cardano, Stellar, NEO, OmiseGO, VeChain, and IOTA are the ones that I have made significant losses (20-30%) so far.

But I am buying more the more they drop.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:48:01 AM

Substratum and Wabi. Got in at sub at $1.40 to $1.50. It has been under a dollar since late Jan and is currently under 40 cents. Got in on wabi at $1.70 to $2.00 and is currently at 80 cents. I'm just hodling now and waiting for altcoin season/bull run to start. I believe in both projects long term.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:49:55 AM

I invested some coins because of the effort of team to bring up the coin still they are trying some stopped completeley
Dimcoin - Still they are doing effort ( Holding )
CDT (Blox) - Invested while platform release still no postitive news even lost 50% of investment
POSTOKEN - Great concept in ethereum Proof of Staking From past 1 month dev noit responding to community so coin dumping.
EDT- Worst investment i ever done ( Etherdelta token)
RiseICORise

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:50:36 AM

I got stuped in my ass bl XRP...
kryptogunner

Activity: 658

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:23:32 AM

for me ripple was a disaster. but I am to be blamed for it coz without understading fundamentals i delved into it. if you ask me today, I would have never invested in ripple. shit happens   Cheesy

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:28:33 AM

I haven't any coins brought me a massive losses because I always monitored my coins, specially the movement of its pricing. Also, before I invest in any coins, I read first its strength, position in the market and how much time will return my investment. These are the factor I consider before investment so that I don't have any losses in investment.
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 06:59:21 AM by hynext

Well, I bought them same like you but I still holding it so I never loss anything. I have my own strategy to my coins that I bought last year and never sell yet. I will try my luck next year, so better watch out for the future of our coins.
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Use stop losses) I've lost a lot of money on trading, but not coins brought me loses, but exactly I did it. The same with you and anybody else.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
golek upo

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:58:52 PM

In early December of 2017, I bought a coin NXT 500 USD (hoping to get airdrop ignis in January 2018). At this time my money remaining 40 USD.

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:08:38 AM

Both coins and tokens that brought me most losses i have also learned a lot from those experiences
Example I bought TRX during a pump which then dumped and dnt realize the previous value meaning I am still in loss.
Same thing with 'status coin' I jumped on it crypto 0.5x

abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:17:52 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

I'm glad never invested too much on more altcoins. I have Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Litecoin and more. I invested just a little that just bring me a little profit but with a good choice and decision brings me much more profit in all. I think and I remembered ETC losing it on trading but on my investment lost just a few on Bitcoin after dropping 20%. But I think most of my investments brings so much too me and I'm lucky.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:30:01 AM

All the coins I got after Jan is all down big time. All coins I got in December seems to doing well. So it's not about choice but time of investment

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Tendou_Karen

Activity: 444
Merit: 13

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:44:28 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

Ignis, my assets are in -59%
Unikoin Gold, my assets are in -54%
Debitum, my assets are in -29.4%

But anyway, i'm still holding it until now, so it can't be say that i lost my money yet, i'm just hoping that the price of my assets will back to my buying price, and what i do while waiting for it is buying more assets on the lower price.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: