Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for experienced opinions on best code base for the following features  (Read 122 times)
KpxMLQ8iHy (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:39:50 AM

As I write this message I realize I'm probably going to come across as naive, ignorant, and/or over-ambitious. I hope you guys can bear with me.

A little background about myself: I'm a senior software developer that works in Apex (essentially Java) professionally and likes to dabble in lower level systems coding for hobby in C++. I enjoy reverse engineering and learning how things work. Given these qualities about myself...

I'd really like to merge the following features into a single coin:

• Open-source
  • Community driven
  • A built-in marketplace
  • Masternodes
  • Mining w/ ASIC resistance
  • Proof of stake
  • Smart contracts and/or escrow (I've read about some coins that have escrow masternodes which could be interesting

My question is for each of these features - what existing open-source coin currently implements them the best purely from a technical perspective. I appreciate clean-code over cleverness, and documentation would be amazing. Initially I'd be building this myself but would absolutely want help from the community. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, if you think one of these features can not exist at the same time as one of the other listed features, please let me know why you think that.

Also, also, (for fun) if you guys could make your ideal coin. What would it look like?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: