Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Problems do new investors face when researching cryptocurrencies?  (Voting closed: April 04, 2018, 07:02:02 AM)
Taking advice from strangers/bots/non-accredited investors - 6 (25%)
Constant spread of FUD - 5 (20.8%)
Too many altcoins + unorganized information platforms - 6 (25%)
Confusing / unhelpful information - 6 (25%)
Other - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Problems do new investors face when researching cryptocurrencies?  (Read 476 times)
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:58:57 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 05:12:13 AM by krishnapramod

I think it's too much unorganized information or misinformation. Last year more than 900 ICOs were launched and 46% of them already have failed, marketing through different announcement sites, social media, press releases, and referral spam. A good percentage of new investors enter the crypto market on hype/FOMO, looking to buy the next Bitcoin on discount and with so much information being spread out about different ICOs, rather than taking a time-consuming approach to do a proper research, most new investors tend to quickly grasp any information that fuels their FOMO psychology, just taking investment advice from strangers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pricelessent (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:09:23 AM

I think it's too much unorganized information or misinformation. Last year more than 900 ICOs were launched and 46% of them already have failed, marketing through different announcement sites, social media, press releases, and referral spam. A good percentage of new investors enter the crypto market on hype/FOMO, looking to buy the next Bitcoin on discount and with so much information being spread out about different ICOs, rather than taking a time-consuming approach to do a proper research, most new investors tend to quickly grasp any information that fuels their FOMO psychology, just taking investment advice from strangers.

I agree it needs to be more organized. How about a platform that separates the content from each cryptocurrency based on the ones you subscribed to.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:00:41 AM

We all know there is a wealth of information on the internet about cryptocurrencies, but how much of it is actually helpful? How can you trust the person you are receiving information from?
As far as I know the information thats available on the internet is there to guide us and help us do more research about related projects, I dont think its an issue of trusting a stranger...if it is thats where due deligence needs to be applied.
And is all the spread of FUD making you even rethink any of your investments?
FUD just like Fake news needs one to authenticate the sources, you cant believe everything you read online thats why i believe we have the responsibility to do more research in whichever crypto project we want to invest in.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:11:35 PM

We all know there is a wealth of information on the internet about cryptocurrencies, but how much of it is actually helpful? How can you trust the person you are receiving information from? And is all the spread of FUD making you even rethink any of your investments?

In order to help new crypto investors, we need to come together to create a place for them to trust the information they are reading and the people they are getting it from.

If you selected, “Other” in the poll, please reply with whatever else you think new investors face when researching and then finally investing in crypto.

Thank you

Well we couldn't realize the better and scam right away from all those list of recommendations in the internet. They could be dealing with potential dealers or scammers. The only thing that only stand is the top coin that has been working for ages and still being used even as of now. It takes a lot of effort to identify what's which.
pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:42:18 PM

People nowadays don't think much before they invest in any cryptocurrency. Just for the sake of getting profits, they right away invest in any cryptocurrency they are recommended into. They dont do their research properly before investing and then end up in a loss. Much of these are because of the misconception that investment in crypto will make them rich quickly which is purely false.
They dont seek advise from trusted people and start falling in FUDs . I believe people should take time and research on a project before investing in it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:52:04 PM

People nowadays don't think much before they invest in any cryptocurrency. Just for the sake of getting profits, they right away invest in any cryptocurrency they are recommended into. They dont do their research properly before investing and then end up in a loss. Much of these are because of the misconception that investment in crypto will make them rich quickly which is purely false.
They dont seek advise from trusted people and start falling in FUDs . I believe people should take time and research on a project before investing in it.

You should definitely know every scrap of DNA within the company if you are going to invest your hard earned money into it, but can you blame new investors wanting to get in solely for the profits? When they hear about coins going x100 it sparks something within them to join in, causing the FOMO.

My question really is how can we help them spend the time more efficiently in researching and actually getting advice from accredited investors instead of total strangers with no equity in a coin.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:15:35 AM

There is a bunch of information in or out of this forum that is untrue and just FUD that is coming from a strangers who will benefit if someone be victimized. So don’t rely much on other people, go with your instinct and gather more information on a legit platform or at the ICO website you’ve wanted to invest in. Laziness of one investors either new or old is the common reason of lose.

HODL
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:11:08 AM

There is a bunch of information in or out of this forum that is untrue and just FUD that is coming from a strangers who will benefit if someone be victimized. So don’t rely much on other people, go with your instinct and gather more information on a legit platform or at the ICO website you’ve wanted to invest in. Laziness of one investors either new or old is the common reason of lose.

For many people their research is just only to ask few people and based on their say they make up their mind rather than them self reading about he project , reading whitelist and doing a deeper search and questioning the team of need be and than finally if convinced should be invested.
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:08:47 AM

The most common problem that i have heard and faced personally is lack of knowledge and just blind faith that crypto will make me overnight rich person.Most of people invest in crypto by seeing there near ones making good profit in it.They don't even make a genuine effort to learn what it is and how i can make it.People in my country invest in crypto by giving there money to some other guy who knows something about this.And when they loose money,they try to show this trading fraud rather than accepting there mistakes.Soo people who wants to trade,first learn what you are trading.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:39:13 AM

The most common problem that i have heard and faced personally is lack of knowledge and just blind faith that crypto will make me overnight rich person.Most of people invest in crypto by seeing there near ones making good profit in it.They don't even make a genuine effort to learn what it is and how i can make it.People in my country invest in crypto by giving there money to some other guy who knows something about this.And when they loose money,they try to show this trading fraud rather than accepting there mistakes.Soo people who wants to trade,first learn what you are trading.

Thank you for your input. What country are you from?
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:20:10 PM

Nope most of the untrue information are shared by the group of people making negative rumours about the bitcoin and other crypto currencies. DT members, moderators and staff members are actual contributors to this forum.
If any newbie want to learn some thing from the forum pinned message of the moderators and follow the positive information is only the healthy for the forum and crypto market as well.
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:14:12 PM

We need higher quality platforms of information that can connect users with people they can verify and trust.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:20:57 PM

We all know there is a wealth of information on the internet about cryptocurrencies, but how much of it is actually helpful? How can you trust the person you are receiving information from? And is all the spread of FUD making you even rethink any of your investments?

In order to help new crypto investors, we need to come together to create a place for them to trust the information they are reading and the people they are getting it from.

If you selected, “Other” in the poll, please reply with whatever else you think new investors face when researching and then finally investing in crypto.

Thank you

In addition to all of those problems you listed investors faced, the most important one is finding the truth because a well perfect scam plan is always designed in detail to check out and the stress of finding that is always killing. I took interest in a particular project at some time, and every names provided I traced to LinkedIn, Facebook and even websites where the people are mentioned in short, everything checked out and because I am an average user of the internet, I couldn't make a conclusive statement because despite all of this something tells me the project is an unserious one and it turn out to be so.
Hamphser

Activity: 2450
Merit: 325

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:37:30 PM

Thank you

Its normal to read up different words truth,fuds,false informations,hype into this place or even on other websites as well but we talk into this forum itself.Its expected you would really read up lots of informations on all types,since its a forum then anyone can freely post on what they like either the truth or just having an intent to hype up things or false informations given and as newbie we are really prone on being victimized. The solution? then better read up even more and finding out communities feedbacks towards it and sooner you will really have the idea related to the things you are searching on.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tweetbit

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:16:10 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 05:06:07 AM by tweetbit

For many people their research is just only to ask few people and based on their say they make up their mind rather than them self reading about he project , reading whitelist and doing a deeper search and questioning the team of need be and than finally if convinced should be invested.

That’s dependent mentality attitude won’t bring them to success but to failure. We have to think about our own and act according to what we think if it is right or wrong. If ever they find themselves at that character the first and the must is to stop and quite investing. Knowledge about coins is needed and it requires effort and only those who read and search for answer can have the edge.

HODL
tweetbit

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:04:22 AM

Nope most of the untrue information are shared by the group of people making negative rumours about the bitcoin and other crypto currencies. DT members, moderators and staff members are actual contributors to this forum.
If any newbie want to learn some thing from the forum pinned message of the moderators and follow the positive information is only the healthy for the forum and crypto market as well.

Yup I think it’s my fault of generalizing my statement as I also follow updates from respected and trusted Bitcointalk members. Then study they’re portfolio and investment strategy. Moderators et al, as they’ve known bitcoin and have deeper knowledge on this coin than most of us. I’m referring to newbies or paid members who spread nonsense in this forum.

HODL
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:54:51 AM

We never ever should give our money to others for investments because some of our close people itself can cheat you in money matters. So if one can't understand where they are investing then better avoid that investment and find one which they can understand before investing.

People who believe that crypto investments are shortcuts to become rich fast means it is completely wrong and if someone says then never believe those people.
mashort

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:57:42 AM

i think the confusion happens in any new industry. since the industry is nascent, i think it is difficult to know which information is correct. but even in the normal venture capital funding landscape, there is some degree of certainty. if everyone could have access to all information about something, everyone would invest and get returns. but investing also involves some amount of luck, belief about the future of the project and not just reading the whitepaper. the breakthrough projects will not be outright visible even with research and regulation. that is what makes any investing interesting.
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:34:06 AM

i think the confusion happens in any new industry. since the industry is nascent, i think it is difficult to know which information is correct. but even in the normal venture capital funding landscape, there is some degree of certainty. if everyone could have access to all information about something, everyone would invest and get returns. but investing also involves some amount of luck, belief about the future of the project and not just reading the whitepaper. the breakthrough projects will not be outright visible even with research and regulation. that is what makes any investing interesting.

This is why a platform with communities separated by each crypto that is able to reject spam and fake news is important to crypto investments and helping new investors.
Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1098

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:02:55 PM

but how much of it is actually helpful?

has helped a lot, even because you can see on the news sites and then go to the ANN thread where there is always someone with a good heart who does research and alerts people if something is scam, although most of the time people ignore the scam alert

How can you trust the person you are receiving information from?

you should not rely on a single source, look for several sources and then compare the various sources of information

And is all the spread of FUD making you even rethink any of your investments?

Nope, I keep making my investments normally

we need to listen when someone tells us that X coin is scam

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀