Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto crowdfunding of smaller projects?  (Read 124 times)
stevyhacker (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 02:57:39 PM

ICOs are everywhere these days and they are all rising milion dolar figures, I was wondering are there services for crowd funding smaller projects, up to 100k at most, but mostly for about 10-20k projects with one developer or a small team of 2-3, even better if such funding could be implemented and paid montly but that's a bit complicated for crypto, so something like Kickstarter for crypto projects, or crypto kickstarter for regular projects whatever you want to call it.

There are many directions with how this could work out so crowd investors could also have some say in the project if the team wants it, like a DAO for voting on project direction for those invested. I am going maybe too far now, but would like opinion from someone more experienced.

I am really intersted in crypto, Ethereum and smart contracts especially but everything seems to be about big ICOs with 30m$ hardcaps and I would like to know what are the options for smaller scale projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:06:20 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 04:26:53 PM by OmegaStarScream

You can use both KickICO and FundYourSelf which came out few months ago, but I believe they accept Ether only as It's better for smart contracts.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stevyhacker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 04:19:39 PM

Thanks! I will take a look at those two.
Pricelessent

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:02:28 AM

Maybe you can just run a pre-ico and get some investors.  Here is a link on how Roman Jhur launched a pre-ico by only spending hundreds. He also has a Udemy course in which he explains the steps to launch a pre-ico in more detail.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-platform-to-launch-ICO
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:36:51 AM

There are some funds that are made to invest in promising startups. Mango startups being one of them. But they have a strict policy of acceptance and may be region specific on cases.
stevyhacker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:35:09 PM

Thanks guys, I am still in the concept phase for my project so just wanted to check beforehand what are the funding options.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: