Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullish scenario  (Read 4735 times)
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:04:17 AM

This 110 just happens to be where it fell to on GOX. Gox is less relevant these days as it has less volume and has no fiat entering or leaving. Bitstamp is where real sellers would have sold their coin as you can actually cash out there.  Now what do you make of the drops on bitstamp and btce?

Bitstamp fell to 85 and btce fell to 75!  You can't draw any similar lines involving THESE prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 11:35:49 AM

This 110 just happens to be where it fell to on GOX. Gox is less relevant these days as it has less volume and has no fiat entering or leaving. Bitstamp is where real sellers would have sold their coin as you can actually cash out there.  Now what do you make of the drops on bitstamp and btce?

Bitstamp fell to 85 and btce fell to 75!  You can't draw any similar lines involving THESE prices.

Those charts are for MtGox, so the bitstamp price is not relevant to that chart, later if i find time i might see how valid similar trend lines look on bitstamp charts. Or UK pounds charts or whatever.

Mt Gox is still a decent proxy for the market but, yes is losing its dominance which is good. Here is some more information about what i think regarding price diff on MtGox http://afbitcoins.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/mtgox-price/
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 11:44:48 AM

This 110 just happens to be where it fell to on GOX. Gox is less relevant these days as it has less volume and has no fiat entering or leaving. Bitstamp is where real sellers would have sold their coin as you can actually cash out there.  Now what do you make of the drops on bitstamp and btce?

Bitstamp fell to 85 and btce fell to 75!  You can't draw any similar lines involving THESE prices.

Further to that, I know I highlighted the Silk Road Siezure panic as validating the bottom trendline but I don't think too much importance should be heaped on that one touch point. I just thought it was quite 'cute' thats all. The more important thing is the channel which especially on the other trend lines looks very well defined in my opinion.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:56:32 PM

Nice channel. But using mtgox price worries me.

Here's the bitstamp chart. Watch for the OBV to break above 450, and for the MACD to turn positive. That would confirm the bullish scenario IMO. (Accumulation/Distribution is not charted below, but it is going sky-high due to fund flows from mtgox to bitstamp. Acc/Dist on mtgox chart has flatlined).

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 11:08:29 AM

Its a shame TradingView doesn't have the symbol for bitstamp. (Unless its just me not spotting it). Anyway heres an attempt at showing similar channel on bitstamp

The bottom trend line doesnt look so good a match as MtGox on this interpretation, but I'd still say the overall upwards trend looks quite well established

I may spend some more time doing overlays between the Mtgox and Bitstamp price if I find time. Features look fairly similar. Not sure offhand when price began to diverge ie when MtGox stopped being able to allow US$ withdrawls causing price descrepency. (In normal situation arbitrage would balance out the differences.)
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 07:44:11 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 03:32:17 PM by afbitcoins

*** Latest Update ***

The MtGox price has climbed above resistance

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 03:15:35 PM

*** Resistance at $170 ***

Based on the channels I've been following in this thread I'd say the next resistance should be at $170 as we approach the top of those channels.
Heres a chart showing the longer term, less steep channel.

more
http://afbitcoins.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/resistance-at-170/

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 01:18:38 PM

Lots of talk of a bubble in the forums today, in my view this isn't anywhere near a bubble yet. Although the recent price rises are very impressive. I think the spike up is caused by a sort of slingshot effect after the bust of silk road. There was a lot of bullish momentum prior to silk road, the panic selling of silk road cleared the way for the stronger hands to swoop in.

I'm thinking there will be a correction soon, possibly back into the channel I've been looking at here.

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:10:23 PM

Lots of talk of a bubble in the forums today, in my view this isn't anywhere near a bubble yet. Although the recent price rises are very impressive. I think the spike up is caused by a sort of slingshot effect after the bust of silk road. There was a lot of bullish momentum prior to silk road, the panic selling of silk road cleared the way for the stronger hands to swoop in.

Of course you are correct. Everyone here is bubble this and bubble that... this means there will be lots of bids chasing the asks for long time to come. All those countless "short term bears" must surrender before the short term bullish trend (weekly chart) reverses. It is never a bubble, not even close, when everyone thinks that something is a bubble. If you want bubble go look at the non-logarithmic chart of the difficulty or chart of mobile phone and social account adoption over last few years.

BTW what will break bear's spines is 100$+ a day price increases. Once we see that, then perhaps it may make sense to stop buying for a while.

Yes amazing to think of it, but if bitcoins go to triple digits then 100$ a day moves might be quite normal by then.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:13:15 PM

Yes amazing to think of it, but if bitcoins go to triple digits then 100$ a day moves might be quite normal by then.

<technical correction>quadruple/quintuple*</technical correction>

Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:17:25 PM

ahem! Quite correct. thanks. $100 a day moves in triple digits would be something!

Embarrassed
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:31:07 PM

Almost more exciting than the prices are where Bitcoin will be when it hits quadruple or quintuple digits. What will the ecosystem look like?
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 06:40:19 PM

Almost more exciting than the prices are where Bitcoin will be when it hits quadruple or quintuple digits. What will the ecosystem look like?

Obviously, I haven't a clue, but my guess would be that bitcoin payment methods would be approaching ubiquity online at least. Brick'n'mortar businesses might still be way behind the adoption curve even then, with fiat prevailing in meatspace for the time being.

Some theorize that BTC may be priced around $2000 with full-on mainstream adoption. While this is possible - bear in mind Bitcoin might not be the only game in town (it isn't now if you count Ripple, altcoins, centralized digital currencies and fiat-based payment systems) - the flaw I see in that analysis is that such a "low" mainstream price would probably be based upon Bitcoin being used primarily as a means to transfer rather than store value. But with such mainstream usage, its store-of-value properties would surely shine, thereby providing a continued incentive to "hoard", pushing the price up further and further.

Of course, my thoughts are just that, and are little more than largely uncorroborated opinions. I'm no "pro" economist, and given some of the fraudsters who claim to be, am not ashamed of it.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:55:34 AM

Of course you are correct. Everyone here is bubble this and bubble that... this means there will be lots of bids chasing the asks for long time to come. All those countless "short term bears" must surrender before the short term bullish trend (weekly chart) reverses. It is never a bubble, not even close, when everyone thinks that something is a bubble. If you want bubble go look at the non-logarithmic chart of the difficulty or chart of mobile phone and social account adoption over last few years.

BTW what will break bear's spines is 100$+ a day price increases. Once we see that, then perhaps it may make sense to stop buying for a while.

I still think this is too conservative if seen as $100 a day price increases.

I can see a $250 price increase in a single day. And having them back to back or a series of them.

We have got a long way to go -----------> $1000+

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:37:08 AM

Definitely doesn't look like a bubble imho.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:42:39 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 04:17:04 PM by afbitcoins

Yup definitely bullish

This has actually turned out to be more accurate than my chart!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:33:54 PM

Heres an update to my bullish scenario -Think i was right to be bullish  Cool

Theres a closing wedge forming at the moment by look of it. Resistance at a line drawn from the all time high to last weeks high..

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 02:45:33 PM

I called for a bullish rally around the time of silk road siezure, just before actually. Looks like a good call I'd say, price has risen about $1000 since then

Cool

How high is this rally going to go ? $2200 ?

Been a little while since I posted on this thread, however heres the fork I'm now following on my blog.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: