Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bearish Scenario  (Read 5800 times)
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 01:04:42 PM

No TA

With Silk Road down Bitcoin now has now no practical use. Buying stuff over Bitpay has no practical advantage over other methods and it's volume is negligible if you exclude ASIC sales.
Bitcoin is now 99% concerned with itself, that is either mining or investing, any sensible individual gonna look for a exit in the following months. Then you true believers will be finally on your own.
It's now a pure financial bubble.

Have fun!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:07:07 PM

No TA

With Silk Road down Bitcoin now has now no practical use. Buying stuff over Bitpay has no practical advantage over other methods and it's volume is negligible if you exclude ASIC sales.
Bitcoin is now 99% concerned with itself, that is either mining or investing, any sensible individual gonna look for a exit in the following months. Then you true believers will be finally on your own.

Have fun!

You still have some stock from "the Road", ha?
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 01:10:31 PM

Nah I'm here for the comedy.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:26:06 PM

Damn! Why doesn't the market just do what I think it should do. What a deeply irrational market!

[ElectricMucus, all the time, on every topic]

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:27:22 PM

But, yeah, I also expect we'll go down. Just not as much as you seem to think.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 02:11:26 PM

Damn! Why doesn't the market just do what I think it should do. What a deeply irrational market!

[ElectricMucus, all the time, on every topic]

I don't expect the market to be rational, I'm just pointing out what would happen if it is.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 02:47:24 PM

No TA

Have fun!

Might have guessed you'd come out with something like this Mucus.  You say bitcoins have no practical use! Thats like saying cash has no practical use.

You have no TA, I'm not surprised.

Time will tell whos right

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306221.msg3291312#msg3291312
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:08:49 PM

Ok here's your precious TA
I don't really trade on that method though, just so it's consistent with common practices here.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:12:30 PM

A rational person doesn't need TA to know that we are clearly in a bear market since the 5th September.
It's a funny one, with limited seller pressure, due to the relative scarcity of the coins and also a bullish mood.
So some of you may have trouble recognizing the EW patterns, but they are there.
The gist of the issue raised by EM is what will happen after the 5th sub-wave of capitulation?
Will the price be in the 80$  - 90$ range and a new bubble period will form, or will the bubble
deflate completely and the price will reach 50s, maybe even 40s? IMO it depends on how many
of the 'missing' coins will reappear in the market during capitulation, with the intention of cashing out.
But cashing out of Gox is still a problem AFAIK, so as long as Fort Gox 'works' this way, the complete
deflation scenario seems unlikely to me. During capitulation the price should drop by about 50$,
IMO only if if drops a lot more, then EM's scenario could be close to the truth.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:27:36 PM

A rational person doesn't need TA to know that we are clearly in a bear market since the 5th September.
It's a funny one, with limited seller pressure, due to the relative scarcity of the coins and also a bullish mood.
So some of you may have trouble recognizing the EW patterns, but they are there.
The gist of the issue raised by EM is what will happen after the 5th sub-wave of capitulation?
Will the price be in the 80$  - 90$ range and a new bubble period will form, or will the bubble
deflate completely and the price will reach 50s, maybe even 40s? IMO it depends on how many
of the 'missing' coins will reappear in the market during capitulation, with the intention of cashing out.
But cashing out of Gox is still a problem AFAIK, so as long as Fort Gox 'works' this way, the complete
deflation scenario seems unlikely to me. During capitulation the price should drop by about 50$,
IMO only if if drops a lot more, then EM's scenario could be close to the truth.

There is resistance at the level you describe, but very little chance we'll go below $100 any time soon. I predict we'll break up through that resistance around end of November time, until then yes price will meander sideways, maybe looking slightly bearish at times.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

There is resistance at the level you describe, but very little chance we'll go below $100 any time soon. I predict we'll break up through that resistance around end of November time, until then yes price will meander sideways, maybe looking slightly bearish at times.

what no, bitcoin is obviously a raging bull and a break out is imminent.

Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:31:06 PM

Are you serious when stating 'a break out is imminent'?
IMO a significant drop can start in 1 - 2 days, to end the first sub-wave of wave B.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:44:46 PM

IMO a significant drop can start in 1 - 2 days, to end the first sub-wave of wave B.

180 by friday. infinity by the 17th  Cheesy

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:49:53 PM

With Silk Road down Bitcoin now has now no practical use. ...
Never used SR. But I use bitcoin all the time for other things. I could care less about SR and their closing has no effect on my spending habits. If bitcoin were dependent on the decisions of crackheads then it would already be gone.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:53:24 PM

180 by friday. infinity by the 17th  Cheesy

OK. Quoted for future reference.

IMO by the 17th we could be in the 135$ - 140$ range, but that's not even close to infinity.  Wink

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

Never used SR. But I use bitcoin all the time for other things. I could care less about SR and their closing has no effect on my spending habits. If bitcoin were dependent on the decisions of crackheads then it would already be gone.

+1

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:18:32 PM

Cant say I've ever found a use for bitcoin aside from buying illegal substances...

Which is why I just like to trade it.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:21:04 PM

Cant say I've ever found a use for bitcoin aside from buying illegal substances...

lol, what a noob.

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:21:45 PM

Remittances and internet industries that have a high rate of credit card fraud are two use cases where Bitcoin is hard to beat.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:22:51 PM

+1

Your experiences aren't representative for everybody involved in bitcoin,
You are a minority and I said bitcoin is to remain for the true believers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: