Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:09:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero under 25 cents? What the hell _were_ you waiting for?  (Read 399 times)
Layonk

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:22:58 AM

I posted this thread in early 2015 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925649 - titled 'Monero under 25 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?'

For some reason it got locked which is a mystery in itself but hey I respect that. Now I'm posting this thread for the discussions started in that very thread to continue.

If you were around at the time did you buy some XMR for yourself and lock it away? I mean 1000 XMR for $250 wasn't so much. Anyone could have dropped some into it and it absolutely made sense at the time as it does today to use that coin

The coin is simply such a good one

Most people here are (or should) be interested about performance against Bitcoin, since most people buy alts with their bitcoins, or at least I do, and I was pleased to see that Monero is performing very good against Bitcoin, unlike most alts, which have been going down against Bitcoin, even if they went up against the dollar.

I must confess that I fucked up real bad by selling all of my XMR, I think I sold them at a loss because I bought at all time highs back then...

Anyway, the problem of XMR is that I don't see how you could buy a house with XMR gains since the blockchain is obscured so you can't prove you obtained your coins legally or ilegally, and at least me personally im interested in buying a house eventually with my crypto gains.

Owner of private keys can easily show where his transactions come from if he want to.  Coins where you would not show that would be a shity coins for doing buisness. Since you could not prove you sent a transaction.

Yes that is the power of private key holder which can very easy to see the transaction if can not then how we can approve the coin source of sender.
However, monero is privacy coin but if we could not approve the sender then how we can pay the sender.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:34:41 AM

LOL.  I remember that thread.  And tbh I bought and sold a little XMR but never held them long at that time.  I was trading at BTER too.  An exchange that I wouldn't touch with 10 foot pole these says even if my life depended on it.  Cheesy

Those were the days...

I wish I listened.  But holding some today...  I guess it took me a while to see what the good ones are in the space.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

The coin is really very good. I'm sure that it has not reached its maximum yet. Anonymity is very expensive thing and Monero provides it the best way. I'm sure that the price of Monero will increase every year.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:21:34 AM

I posted this thread in early 2015 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=925649 - titled 'Monero under 25 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?'

For some reason it got locked which is a mystery in itself but hey I respect that. Now I'm posting this thread for the discussions started in that very thread to continue.

If you were around at the time did you buy some XMR for yourself and lock it away? I mean 1000 XMR for $250 wasn't so much. Anyone could have dropped some into it and it absolutely made sense at the time as it does today to use that coin

Unfortunately, I came into crypto at a time when everything had already moved. Bitcoin was already at its old 1k+ ATH, Monero had already made its moves in the dark market adoption. Even Litecoin had already moved past $20. That did not stop me from buying these big coins, as I already anyway had the policy of only buying coins I would have a use for (BTC, LTC and Monero) and I am happy they rose the way they did. I was in time to get coins like Waves when they were below $5, and yes I know they are struggling but I hope to see them move the same directions Monero and Litecoin did. It is all about usefulness to me.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

I wish i got that early into Crypto, for sure Monero has made many people rich.
With 700$ invested back then, someone would have 1 million $ worth of Monero now if they didn't sell any coins.

That's a big "if" . Even if you would have bought BTC for like 0.10$ or 1$ or 2$ or 5$ back in the day(which i'm sure some people, maybe quite a lot did) , you would have very likely sold out at like 50 - 60 - 100$ . That is a big return , but not to make you a gazillionaire. It was preety much impossible to foresee this crypto boom, so i guess no point in crying for something that might've, would've, should've been.

I am one of those actually, I got 10 BTC in deepweb, didn't even spend money on it, I just ran into someguy, he told me about bitcoin,I got meself my frist wallet and he sent them to me, their value was around 100$ back then (Each was worth around 10$)... I started using them when they were around 300-400$ I thought that it couldn't go up much higher than this so thought that it was a good time to do so... I actually hate looking back...
Moon_Man

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

monero will reach 1,000 usd each this year  Grin
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 2155

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

Yep, Monero is a very good coin!
In fact i wrote some short article about Monero
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@kubisnis/monero-has-a-very-bright-prospect-in-2018

Moon soon Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:32:21 PM

Monero doing so good against BTC. Many coins aim to be privacy coin and untraceable. Monero is the best privacy coin and have big communty. There are many guys want privacy so they use monero. I think xmr will pump a lot when btc reach around 14k.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: