Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn of Autonomous Corporations, Powered by Bitcoin  (Read 1475 times)
ruletheworld (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:05:17 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 02:20:25 AM by ruletheworld

"The real value of Bitcoin lies in economies that don’t yet exist"
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6589067
Top post on Hacker News at the moment. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 03:16:49 AM

I am curious to see when the first of these gets rolled out.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ruletheworld (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 03:47:59 AM

I am curious to see when the first of these gets rolled out.
They shouldn't be too far. I think people are working seriously on the StorJ idea. Should be an interesting first.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:38:00 PM

it seems like the first application may be as a prediction market like in-trade. then more complex autonomous corporations could utilize the data from this prediction market to make decisions that would otherwise be far to complex for an algorithm.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Ipsum

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

"The real value of Bitcoin lies in economies that don’t yet exist"
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6589067
Top post on Hacker News at the moment. What do you think?

Doesn't seem like the author understands what corporations are. There is no jurisdiction in the world that I'm aware of that will allow a corporation that doesn't resolve back to a natural person eventually.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:25:19 PM

If the author replaced the word "corporation" with "agent," he might be on to something.  Something like what is discussed in this thread (which includes the StorJ ideas):

Bitcoin the enabler - Truly Autonomous Software Agents roaming the net

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:49:18 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 07:56:03 PM by jdbtracker

I haven't seen the video yet, but this is completely possible now.

When you think about Nature, how it functions you have a tree, an agent, that gives out fruit for it's own gain(to spread it's seed), it independently assesses it's own needs. But a third agent that can act as the intermediary, middle man, to enhance the perceived cognitive deficits or logic of that agent( it promises greater reach in exchange for control of the fruit) gains control changing this dynamic. What if things returned to the natural balance?

The autonomous Factory Churns out products off it's 3D Industrial Printers, keeping tabs on production, material costs, local demand to asses it's contracts being submitted through Open Transaction servers, Running it's reserves off of Bitcoin for collateral.
A Customer makes an order and the nearest Autonomous Factory starts manufacturing it and sets up the logistics with the local autonomous Quad-rotor delivery company. All these would be controlled and managed autonomously yet completely observable by any citizen, where would the earning go if it is the market that controls the worth of an object? back to the shareholders of that autonomous factory the factory may only take enough to maintain itself and return the rest to everyone else. This seems like a natural progression from our current market model. We build the Factory make it self-monitoring and distribute the shares in this manner to minimize economic disruption by automation.

the article mentions Namecoin. One of the reasons that I like Namecoin is that it does provide such a thing. What if websites were decentralized as well? that the moment you stepped onto a website you liked you became a server for that website? All the content that you checked out you can now distribute, now there is no need for a  location to your website, no need for centralized hosting.  Everyone keeps a copy of the hash of each page on that website when someone does an address check they don't check the address only the information, What do you have? I have this. Do you know where I can find this? over there.   The complete obliteration of the Ip system is in order to make this type of future truly Cyberpunk style.

Welcome to the Internet, the place where Autonomous A.I systems run corporations and services, often indistinguishable to human users; People shelter and advance simple A.I constructs to maintain and automate non-profit organizations; Programmers outsource their work to A.I. assistants who cost little to nothing compared to their human counterparts and can code programs in hours instead of weeks. Different economic models arise, venus project resource based society, economic conglomerates that share their earnings, independent A.I that look after their own interests, distributed p2p conglomerates representing millions of independents as one entity... who knows what will emerge, it will truly be astonishing.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: