Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the best place to find jobs in bitcoin startups?  (Read 1706 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:29:31 PM

Besides going to each site and looking for a jobs page.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:49:36 PM

This forum?

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:15:41 PM

Good question helpful bump

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:34:41 PM

This forum?

*facepalm* when have you seen a real VC funded company post a job listing here.

Well, if it is bitcoin related it's going to have a topic here, then you can go to the company's website and check if they're recruiting...

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:53:29 PM

I've always wondered this. I never see actual companies posting on this forum, but I can't help because I don't know any place.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

I think coinbase.com, an online wallet company, has a job position open for people!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:23:28 PM

I'm hoping more companies see this and act upon it. I'm sure they would gain a lot of intelligent people. Especially IT companies.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:06:04 PM

Okay, I'll do some research on this and try to find different companies and post here. hope other do to. This way this gets bumped and we can find some awesome companies which are doing this.
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:53:27 AM

Not a whole lot better than doing each one individually, but try this.

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 02:19:49 AM

Check out http://coinality.com. It has some good jobs/gigs posted.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:59:06 AM

Check out http://coinality.com. It has some good jobs/gigs posted.

Pretty nice site. Although, but limited job opening at the moment.
matt_boyd

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:48:53 PM

http://reddit.com/r/Jobs4Bitcoins -- Post your skills and look for hiring posts, if you need any help, I am the owner, feel free to message me on reddit, matthew_boyd, or here!

Thanks, Matt!
termhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:38:52 PM

I have been thinking about making a startup, but I don't have the funds needed and honestly I don't think I have the time/won't be able to make the commitment.  Undecided
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:40:35 AM

I say go for it! Just do it! I did it and I couldn't be happier with my life. Otherwise I be working at a bank writing trading software or writing a bank website, and I knew I didn't want that. The only reason I am really l am looking for work is cause I don't want to be drawing my bitcoins

Wow you sound very succesfull! Of course it is obvious from your -begging for donations- signature but anyway...
Keep it up boy wonder  Cool

termhn

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:36:04 AM

Hmm. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be thinking about it in the near future. And hey, I don't care if I'm selling out until I get some sort of legit income Grin
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:47:45 AM

Besides going to each site and looking for a jobs page.

Here is a job for you, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291387.0

termhn

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:17:29 AM

Hmm. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be thinking about it in the near future. And hey, I don't care if I'm selling out until I get some sort of legit income Grin

I say go for it. And we all sell out LOL naw I was just pointing out to that "troll" that their is no difference from a banner and a donation address.

Alright well I will look into the details of what I might want to do. And yeah I know about selling out Wink
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:20:03 AM

Try angel.co
termhn

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:34:34 AM

I have been thinking about making a startup, but I don't have the funds needed and honestly I don't think I have the time/won't be able to make the commitment.  Undecided

I would suggest trying doing it on the side, nights, weekends, any free time. I mean for $25 you can get a VPS and a pretty good domain. Funds should never hold you back on startup in bitcoin land if it is a website. I say go for it! Just do it! I did it and I couldn't be happier with my life. Otherwise I be working at a bank writing trading software or writing a bank website, and I knew I didn't want that. The only reason I am really l am looking for work is cause I don't want to be drawing my bitcoins it is becoming way too time consuming to plan each month and how much I should transfer every two weeks. All my money is in bitcoins right now, plus I want benefits none of my previous venture were big enough where I had to hire people so I didn't have any benefits or medical and I want it.
So how do you make money off your site? Do listers pay to have their site listed? I don't see any ads on your page or any other sort of income.
termhn

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:37:29 AM

I would suggest trying doing it on the side, nights, weekends, any free time. I mean for $25 you can get a VPS and a pretty good domain. Funds should never hold you back on startup in bitcoin land if it is a website. I say go for it! Just do it! I did it and I couldn't be happier with my life. Otherwise I be working at a bank writing trading software or writing a bank website, and I knew I didn't want that. The only reason I am really l am looking for work is cause I don't want to be drawing my bitcoins it is becoming way too time consuming to plan each month and how much I should transfer every two weeks. All my money is in bitcoins right now, plus I want benefits none of my previous venture were big enough where I had to hire people so I didn't have any benefits or medical and I want it.
So how do you make money off your site? Do listers pay to have their site listed? I don't see any ads on your page or any other sort of income.

Actually that site in my signature was for built for someone by me and I was just trying to help him and put it in my signature, because it is a great dude. So technically I get a very small portions of the profits, but I do get something. Currently I am just living off the interest of being an early adopter as I build more startups.

Ah alright.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: