Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX550 / RX560 Bios Mods and Optimisations.  (Read 239 times)
Manlost111 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:21:25 PM

Some of you may have been following the OCUK pool thread where myself and a few other guys from these forums have been testing various RX 550/560 cards, bios mods etc. I noticed that there seems to be fairly large golfs between cards with seemingly similar specs so I went about looking to see where these difference lie and what can be done (if anything) to improve the cards that are coming up short or have not so great memory/timings.

We have had a little success with this firstly flashing custom memory timings or known good timings to other cards. At this point I have offered to look at bios files and customise timings but it might be better over time if we update this thread with known good timing straps, how to modify individual timings of your current straps, exporting the hex into readable files for compare etc. Over the next few days I will document the process that I have gone through with my cards, what to look out for and just general musings about bios modding.

Feel free to share any thoughts or if you just want a random bios looked at (for now lets keep this to 550/560 cards with lexa/baffin cores) then post a link to the bios and ill try and get round to it in sensible times.

!!WARNING!! - FLASHING A CARDS BIOS CAN BRICK A CARD OR DAMAGE A CARD, YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK SO PLEASE BE WARNED.

I don't mind helping you mod your card or bios and have tried these mods and run them myself on my own hardware for some time to check for stability and to check that it doesn't cause the hardware any problems, I have done this before I share these mods. Running hardware out of spec can cause issues so please be warned that bios mods always have the potential to go wrong.

Cards I have used for testing include, sapphire 4gb rx550, xfx 2gb rx550, msi itx rx560, gigabyte d5 550.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:04:27 AM

Did you make another thread, or just forgot about all this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: