Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum Replace Bitcoin?  (Read 524 times)
Dudesss (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 05:42:18 AM

Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?

-FILIPINO TRANSLATOR-
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin24h

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:47:05 AM

I think this will be possible in the next few years. But it is not now with any chance.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:07:27 AM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (1)

There are over 100 similar threads created with exact same question.
Well, first of all, you must understand that there is no logical comparison among Ethereum and bitcoin.

Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.

If your only sense for comparing both is the market capital, then my answer will be "It could be possible, but it will take years before that happen".
There are a lot many uptrends around Bitcoin, with lightning network coming in place and FOMO money driving in Crypto, the Bitcoin dominance is supposedly to increase back above 50%.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:10:42 AM

Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?
Lots of threads like this, and the answer will remain the same. Eth will not replace bitcoin, bitcoin is the mother of altcoin. So many of us misunderstand this.
If competing prices it may happen, because eth is like a mandatory alternative after bitcoin.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:19:20 AM

obviously not. you should first understand what is bitcoin and ethereum. what is its difference and what is its purpose.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:21:44 AM

no matter how many times you and thousands of other newbie "accounts" ask this question, it won't come true and the value of the bags you hold won't go up because of it. you will make more profit if you sit down and pray to the pumping gods to pump ETH for you sooner so you can dump your little bag and make a little profit while the whales of it make millions from your naivete.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:22:14 AM

I think it is quite possible, but the basis of the Ethereum contract is produced a lot of ICO, this coin is very popular and shows growth faster than bitcoin. The fact that Ethereum will become a cryptocurrency top 1 there is no reason to doubt
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:34:50 AM

I think have lots of questions and canid answers about this kinds of threads in this community! ethereum can't overtakes bitcoin as popularity and also fiat price. bitcoin yet to most trusted usable best payment way as a cryptocurrency.
lasencja

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:42:14 AM

There is couple of coins price is more then 1 btc.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:46:19 AM

There are great doubts about this but I think it is probable but unlikely. Bitcoin is trusted.
Ethereum doesn't have that much transaction or wealth saving value too. So I don't know.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:46:44 AM

I thinks its not because we all know that bitcoin is the mother of all crypto and it would never replace by any coins.It has more stability and brighter future due to its strongest value in the market.It is most trusted by any other coins also in payment system.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:46:59 AM

It won't replace bitcoin but it sure is one of the top token if you look at it on coinmarketcap.com. In terms of popularity, BTC is always been the first and most merchants and stores online accepts BTC compare to ETH. If one day there will be more and more ETH accepted to stores, its possible that it may replace BTC but I guess the rest of the altcoins are also going to rise and will also be known like BTC. Who knows XRP will be accepted on stores because of its massive adoption.

Azzam Khalif

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:48:45 AM

no word is impossible. surely there is a possibility for Ethereum to be the next coin that can be made the future. this can be seen from the growing Ethereum development. seen from the demand is also more and more current.

▰▰▰▰▰   REDCAB   ▰▰▰▰▰
DECENTRALIZED TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:51:35 AM

very likely, ethereum will become the largest virtual currency in the world to replace bitcoin, although the price is still very far but in the future it is probable that ethereum can replace bitcoin
PaPog

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:53:37 AM

There is a possibility that ETH can take BTC's position in the top,
Nothing is impossible in cryptocurrency space, i also think the same as you, ETH's price is so stable for now, i think it can replace Bitcoin in 2019 or 2020.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:54:50 AM

Bitcoin will always be a mainstream coin. Ethereum can take second place after it.
pogpog10

Activity: 251

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:59:51 AM

I don’t think Ethereum will ever replace bitcoin and became the flagship of the crypto world. That doesn’t mean Ethereum is not good enough , it’s really good but when Ethereum reaches the number bitcoin has right now , bitcoin will be like 50k or something. Bitcoin will always be the top coin as i believe.

toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:01:06 AM

Again another duplicate topic about this... It has been asked hundreds of times and been said hundreds of times that the time are not comparable: apples to oranges.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:06:46 AM

At the moment, little is believed that ETH or any of the other tokens can replace bitcoin. Bitcoin does not give up positions and its share in the market capitalization is still great, and the growth of ETH is not yet pleasing, for me it is a mystery.
alex lionel

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:10:06 AM

i never believe that any altcoins maybe replace bitcoin
If there isn't bitcoin, altcoins won't have value.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: