Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:19:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Venezuela Petro coin , opinion?  (Read 532 times)
BigWinner87

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:44:46 PM

guys stay absolutely away from petro...
it is just another way to stole money from people by the government!
In Venezuela the government started to seize GPU and mining hardware to people in order to mine Petro and other cryptocurrencies!
don't trust them...
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:12:08 PM

I think that more countries could make steps into crypto and thanks to that they will be able to earn money and win with their own crisis.
That coin is controlled by their government, the technology is great but there's still a trust issue with Venezuelan authority. More countries will create their own coin or even to regulate it because cryptocurrency will hit the moon in the future, let's all be part of it.
shixiu

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:52:41 PM

An petro coin is a petroleum-linked derivative that changes its value as the price of oil fluctuates. Prices are relatively stable. So when oil and Venezuela's currency are issued at the same time, there may be the problem of bad money expelling good money. People have changed their hands to such high-quality currencies that do not have inflation, but the Venezuelan government has lost the right to print money. Money and oil are linked, that is, the historical Bretton Woods system, but this system has historically proven its limitations and will inevitably collapse. In short, the petro currency and the virtual currency of the entire blockchain still do not have a good outlet in the current environment.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:01:32 PM

I think that more countries could make steps into crypto and thanks to that they will be able to earn money and win with their own crisis.
That coin is controlled by their government, the technology is great but there's still a trust issue with Venezuelan authority. More countries will create their own coin or even to regulate it because cryptocurrency will hit the moon in the future, let's all be part of it.
if most countries in the world create their own national currency, this will inevitably lead to the legalization of the crypto currency in the world. It seems to me that in the future international trade relations will be built with the help of crypto currency.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:27:04 PM

Im not living in Venezuela but I have a friend from there and from his wirds I can say that their government wont succeed in this type of "revolutionary step"

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
bikitkih

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:01:02 PM

Im not living in Venezuela but I have a friend from there and from his wirds I can say that their government wont succeed in this type of "revolutionary step"
I just know when the system of Government of Venezuela is very strict and cruel, hopefully they can enjoy there and could settle down in Venezuela with a healthy state
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:01:22 PM

As for me it is a very strange coin and it is hardly possible to call this coin a classical crypto, because it will be concentrated in the hands of the government. But if it helps Venezuela get out of the crysis ofc I'll support this idea, why not?
heartthew

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:18:32 PM

It seems to me that on the whole this coin is a good project, which can bring a lot of investments into the economy in order to finally fix a lot.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

I think that the creation by governments of different countries of their centralized digital coins is inevitable and necessary. We see that states are very reluctant to accept the decentralized crypto currency, expressing various fears and negative opinions about it. This they very strongly oppose the spread of crypto currency in our society, because they cause distrust to it. If the state itself will issue a crypto currency, even if it is centralized, citizens will be more confident about any crypto currency. Therefore, a centralized crypto-alaota is also needed. And the people themselves will then understand and appreciate each of its kind on merit.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:11:09 PM

I think that the Venezuelan El Petro coin is a necessary and useful experience for all people. No matter how bad it would be from the point of view of individuals or a group of individuals, we need to go through this experience of the version of the crypto currency in comparison with the decentralized crypto currency. If it turns out to be bad, it inevitably crashes, only the best and most popular coins survive. In the future, various varieties of centralized crypto currency will vserge and we will not be able to do anything about it or somehow hinder this process.

ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:15:30 PM

In this forum I found information that Sweden, Canada, India and even Israel do not exclude the fact that in the near future they will issue their own crypto currency. El Petro is probably the first step in the transition to world crypto revolution.
Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:54:26 AM

If Venezuela needs investment, why not use Bitcoin or Ethereum? Cryptocurrency controlled by the state loses its meaning. I think they will release al petro much more than is provided with the resources.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:16:17 PM

Many governments, for various reasons, will create their national centralized crypto currency and we can not influence this process in any way. I believe that the appearance of many different centralized crypto-currencies will positively affect the development of all the crypto currency. If the state itself will create a crypto currency, even if it is centralized, it will raise the general trust of people to all the crypto currency. It's unavoidable. In addition, investors will be able to assess in practice the advantages of a decentralized crypto currency in front of a centralized one.
As for how the presence of many centralized coins will affect the stability of all crypto currencies, there is no dependence. Decentralized crypto currency will remain highly volatile.
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:13:38 PM

Well i generally am very cautious with alt coins and crypto investments, and i would suggest you to be even more cautious when looking at any government backed crypto, let alone one issued by the Venezuelan one. They have been unable to manage their own economy for the past 20 years what makes you think they can manage a cryptocurrency. Not to mention all the red flags that have appeared on this one, i would just call the petro an outright scam. Best to stay away from it

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Joker121212

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:58:04 PM

At first, it is really potential. but look real. It was created from one of the worst-performing economies in the world. When looking for other Ico to invest, one thing you are very interested in is the development team. So how do you rate Petro's development team Huh Smiley))) not to mention Trump has forbidden his citizens to buy this money
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: