Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/AnCap Wedding  (Read 3109 times)
CoinDiver (OP)

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:04:59 PM

I got engaged this weekend (yea!) but it got me thinking. We've long talked about keeping the state out of our marriage. We plan on having a full traditional non-religious wedding. We are going to spend the next year negotiating a marriage contract. The ceremony will celebrate the signing of the contract, with witnesses and whatever. I'm sure there is some sort of an AnCap wedding vow/contract around... but I haven't started looking yet. I've joked about sending a wallet address and QR code out with the invites rather than registering for gifts. More than likely I will include that along with a traditional gift registration.

My ring will be made from an old silver coin from her country.

Anyone else have any ideas for incorporating BTC in to the wedding plans?

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:44:14 PM

I got engaged this weekend (yea!) but it got me thinking. We've long talked about keeping the state out of our marriage. We plan on having a full traditional non-religious wedding. We are going to spend the next year negotiating a marriage contract. The ceremony will celebrate the signing of the contract, with witnesses and whatever. I'm sure there is some sort of an AnCap wedding vow/contract around... but I haven't started looking yet. I've joked about sending a wallet address and QR code out with the invites rather than registering for gifts. More than likely I will include that along with a traditional gift registration.

My ring will be made from an old silver coin from her country.

Anyone else have any ideas for incorporating BTC in to the wedding plans?

Including a small amount of BTC as a "party gift" would be great, if you could do it in a manner where they'd be sure to keep them. Leaving a gift card with a QR code on it attached to each bag of rice (or bottle of soap bubbles, nowadays) you hand out would be the convenient way to do it, but would likely just lead to many of them being thrown away.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 09:20:14 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 12:04:00 AM by TheButterZone

How about her silver coin ring in reciprocity (assuming you're from the US)? I have this for sale for .75 BTC:
1905 half dollar
20mm inside diameter. Text clear on inside of band -
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (upside down) HALF DOLLAR
IN GOD WE TRUST ******* (upside down) 1905 ******

I can take a pic/vid, but it won't be high res (the best camera I have is an iPod Touch gen4).

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
CoinDiver (OP)

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:32:18 PM

Interesting idea. If only there was some sort of a service where the BTC had to be moved/checked/etc in some period of time or the money got sent back. Otherwise, I'm going to be out enough on this whole deal, I'd rather save the BTC for the honeymoon (rather than throw it away). I was thinking more like a QR code with the gift registry information, and maybe "www.weusecoins.com" under it. I don't honestly expect anyone to send BTC. I also don't expect many to have a clue what it is... that's really the point.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: