Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of ico project do you think is meaningless?  (Read 208 times)
saliga75423 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:13:24 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 02:35:44 PM by saliga75423

#As more and more people find out, if they hold some kind of currency from the beginning, it is likely to produce very high returns. Many companies/groups/individuals have set up new projects and launched ico/airdrop. But many projects could still be scams or air COINS. It is important to learn how to effectively identify and reduce loss at the beginning.

#As a new member of BTT, the following is my recent summary:
1) people need continuous promotion and invitation. There are even no restrictions on the sale of money.
2) continuous demand fund.
3) the crude white paper/did not follow the development process of the white paper.
4) even it's a copy of someone else's project.
5) it only talks to you about dreams/its application value is only in the oral stage.
6) and reasonable projects need to have equality, transparency and trust.
7) at the beginning, it was established to make money.
8) it doesn't have a technical team.

#Welcome to supplement ;)Thank you for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:36:54 PM

5) it only talks to you about dreams/its application value is only in the oral stage.

This is one of the things i do hate up with those projects which do have imaginary projectiles that do still remain as verbal or just good on promises without even showing the proof on making it real.

digitalmind

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:42:44 PM

I would not invest into the following kind of ico projects

1. Me too types
2. The one which doesnt integrate the token into the project
3. The one that doesnt really solve any problem
esq1337

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:29:27 PM

I do not invest in ICOs who do not even have a work product, just a conceptual white paper that outlines how the coin will work and if the project has a bad team.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:41:22 PM

I do not invest in ICOs who do not even have a work product, just a conceptual white paper that outlines how the coin will work and if the project has a bad team.

I do not invest in the one which I do not see any vision for the utility in coming years. Also if I do not get a proper response from the team to the queries which i would have asked them . If their coins price I think is estimated to be too high to purchase during ICO stage , I would ignore such ICO.

Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:59:24 PM

Now many projects are launched by ICO, which do not solve any specific problems, and ideas can be considered senseless or utopian. The main goal of such projects is to collect as much money as possible.
Kenneth.Wise

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:02:51 PM

A one that brings no innovation. A one that hasn't bothered to introduce any new code. I think the vast majority of payment coins will disappear. Some things don't actually need decentralising
Pancheng

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:57:25 PM

I hate those group who are expecting everyone who joined their ICO to gain more joiners to their group by making the decision members earn extra coin by doing referrals, like invite people using your code to gain additional 15tokens of the group. Are the begging for help and they can't do marketing themselves? I mean it's better to say share this post to any social media and send the link copy for additional free token not invite people directly the two ways of invite is different.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
tool_462

Activity: 924
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:15:50 PM

I invest only in projects that attract me with an idea ... First of all, one must understand how relevant the idea of the project is ... the second criterion is the team's experience in the field of the project ... when they started working? What major problems do they see in the developed area and what solutions can they offer?
The third criterion is marketing and popularity, as far as the project is known at the moment, to attract the necessary funds for softcap

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

#As more and more people find out, if they hold some kind of currency from the beginning, it is likely to produce very high returns. Many companies/groups/individuals have set up new projects and launched ico/airdrop. But many projects could still be scams or air COINS. It is important to learn how to effectively identify and reduce loss at the beginning.

1) people need continuous promotion and invitation. There are even no restrictions on the sale of money.
3) the crude white paper/did not follow the development process of the white paper.

ICOs that do not present the team behind it. It is a very big red flag as they do not want to be accountable for the project if it fails.

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:38:10 PM

Great work mate. I see recently people like you really looking forward to contribute for the forum but need to more detailed in explaining with the statistical and example of the projects which you already watched.
Since the many ICO scamming us this initiation would make the people to perfect on checking the perfect ICO and be away from the scam ICO too.
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:08:43 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 09:19:20 PM by ROMANALADIN

For a long time now, the swindlers have been aimed at crypto assets, as evidenced by cases when funds flowed from hacked smart contracts, the keys to purses were stolen, or the wallet data was changed during the ICO. I'm not talking about the fact that crypto-exchanges, mining pools and other centers of crypto-active work are constantly under attack ...
JustBetweenUs

Activity: 290
Merit: 28

bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:26:47 PM

I had a long list and boiled it down to 3 determing factors, it can be really simple.

Team: Previous experience with blockchain and ability to execute (dreamers or builders)
Product: What problem does the product solve and what stage is the development (only code or presentable prototype)
Roadmap: Are important events happening in the near future or pushed out way after the ICO (delivering vs promising)

Among these I examine the stage of the product the most closely. 9 out of 10 ICOs come out with no presentable product, some have even not started coding. In these cases it will take ages before you will see it on exchanges, if ever. Once they have your money they often take all the time in the world to work on the project, become less active on social channels or go completely dark with no more updates.

Recent prominent example: Quantstamp. Massive hype and buzz, largest telegram group then, smart contract audit was indeed a big need and all data is pointing to a great project. And then suddenly...silence. Don't fall in that trap.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:53:21 AM

i think recent icos popping up in Facebook and google ads are just money collection ico
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:42:00 AM

I also asked myself how to educate people so that they understand about the ins and outs of investment so as not to become a victim of ICO scam
benres

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:55:47 AM

I have about 5 ICO that is now on the brink of collapse and I do agree on all of your points of summary on projects that are mirroring scams or Air coins. Even promoting such ICO is very crucial because of its nature of becoming a scam and an opportunity for scammers a like, especially when a project is only handled by a single person recruiting unsuspecting marketers or other skilled IT professionals.
Jaephoenix

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:07:13 AM

Those ICOs without a product are meaningless
. Retainly has a product already. So..
lhfly2019

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:58:10 AM

The team has technical background,and those guys have strong faith in blockchain and
their own project.
Like those team and project deserve my invest.
If the people in the team are not realiable,the project is realiable too.
That's my opinion.
tingcq9

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:10:15 AM

In fact, it does not have to be so complicated. As long as the price falls below the issue price after the ico, and the project can survive for more than half a year, then basically it can be purchased.
lucario21

Activity: 146
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:22:52 AM

Any project would be meaningless if will not click in the market because at the end of the day it matters on how the consumer welcome your products/services. Even your team were all capable of handling their job and with enough capital for funding that project but it didn't boom at the market all efforts and hardwork of your team would be pointless.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
Chuokie

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:41:13 AM

When the project is extended and will not tell the reasons and just keep on going, not answering members question but making the rules harder and adding more regulations, if they didn't hit the soft cap then they must inform their team at least people could understand them since that thing happens a lot and will understand the situation, keeping silent will lead them to misunderstanding too.
JustBetweenUs

Activity: 290
Merit: 28

bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:32:50 AM

I would not invest into the following kind of ico projects

1. Me too types
2. The one which doesnt integrate the token into the project
3. The one that doesnt really solve any problem

Regarding the 3rd point, I think that every project believes they solve a problem. The question is rather, is the problem they want to solve something that the community feels it is a problem that is worth to be solved in terms of investing resources. Look at Raiden and Quantstamp, they solved real problems but still are not going anywhere...

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:00:59 PM

A crypto project will fail if they do not have an idea of what they want to do and how to implement their ideas. Often they simply copy ideas from other projects.
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:28:07 AM

when the project doesn't respect the member. the point is that the dev doesn't respect the member. the rules also become so hard to follow. so there is no feedback from each other.
success007

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:25:55 AM

ICOs are going to continue being a part of cryptocurrency and blockchains. We simply cannot overlook the good that they have done. From giving birth to innovative technologies. Their contribution simply cannot be understated. What we can all do is act more responsibly and do our own research. Study the white papers, interview the team involved with the specific projects that are up for ICOs and then invest your money.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: