Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Negotiation with government  (Read 2998 times)
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:53:54 PM

Negotiations with many countries are certainly important and must be done, in my opinion bitcoin is worthy of being a legal commodity like the others so negotiation is needed to make bitcoin legal.
That's right, even though negotiation is not an easy thing but it needs to be done, because there are still a lot of polemics about bitcoin, there are parties that support and some are against it, so if all parties can support it it will definitely be something extraordinary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Janet Wright

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:04:38 AM

If people can convince the governments to accept bitcoin as a legal currency, the bitcoin market will fast develop all around the world. There are more and more companies, restaurants which will allow their customers to pay bills by Bitcoin, a fast and convenient way. Even, this information can make the price of Bitcoin is higher,
Patrick Carvalho

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:06:43 AM

Once Bitcoin is a legal currency in many governments, this nation will make more income from taxes of Bitcoin. The value of Bitcoin is extremely high so the tax is also high. Moreover, Bitcoin will become popular sooner all around the world. However, to convince the governments to make legal currency is quite difficult and wasting time.
Daniwahyu007

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 02:40:15 AM

What if people convince governments of their nations to make Bitcoin as a legal currency or what if we agree to give tax on our bitcoin income? Will government then make Bitcoin a legal currency.
I think negotiating with the government will be difficult. But we have to use bitcoin and not pay attention to the government. one day the government will recognize itself

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 03:04:01 AM

The only thing we can negotiate with government is regulation for crypto or we can say taxes on crypto. I think if we do it than there will be positive impact on crypto price because new people join in and will start trading.

goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 03:19:57 AM

It would be wonderful if the people and governments of the world could get together regarding Bitcoin and its roll.  Without being able to inflate Bitcoin I'm not sure what nations would be able to survive.  Could you imagine not being able to print money.  People would starve. 

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Karakas

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:26:28 AM

to convince the government about the benefits of the crypto currency, it is not easy and takes a long time, but as long as the government also benefits from the bitcoin holders who conduct business transactions, I think the government will immediately approve if bitcoin becomes legal
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:10:05 AM

It would be wonderful if the people and governments of the world could get together regarding Bitcoin and its roll.  Without being able to inflate Bitcoin I'm not sure what nations would be able to survive.  Could you imagine not being able to print money.  People would starve. 

if you can't print money. then each country must have such a high impact, for example that poverty will become increasingly rampant
Congratz

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:25:51 AM

this is a good idea or initiative, but it will be very difficult to do, I think it will take several years, for each country to regulate and legalize bitcoin in their country, but if it is truly realized this is a very good thing.
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:29:03 AM

What if people convince governments of their nations to make Bitcoin as a legal currency or what if we agree to give tax on our bitcoin income? Will government then make Bitcoin a legal currency.
We don't need to negotiate with the government because they also have experts who are thinking about how to regulate cryptocurancy, because they already realize the importance of digital currency and the increasingly large crypto community, the government will come and realize how good cryptocurrency is. in the future they will definitely make bitcoin a legitimate transaction tool, but the process of going to it will take a long time.
Carol Jones1

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:42:14 PM

Once regulations are in place governments and the market, in general, will accept AML BitCoin for every transaction. AML BitCoin rests on a privately regulated public blockchain that facilitates AML-KYC compliance and identifies criminals associated with illicit transactions while maintaining and strengthening the privacy protections for legitimate users.
swifer

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

almost all governments have some problems about bitcoin. They are also afraid of controlling bitcoin, another fact might be for competition. If bitcoin faces any security problems or makes people scam or just goes by taking real currency it can be destroyed with other coins.
BigBlackSheep57

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:23:50 PM

As soon as bitcoin come under regulation under government, governments will accept it and make it legal world wide but I don't think without this they will going to accept it.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:42:40 PM

who knows what might happen, freely offering tax is catchy and i think it can be considered with that but what about other things. will it be accounted for. i think they are mostly concerened about regulation because tax comes with it.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:56:24 PM

We all know that bitcoin is a decentralised crypto currency and thus there is no such proper authentic regulating body over the bitcoin who could keep eye over all the bitcoin activities and thus there is improper high bitcoin transactions fee and moreover there is also increasing illegal use of bitcoin so in order to stop this illegal use, the global centralisation of bitcoin is very much necessary, no doubt governments will impose high taxes over the bitcoin for its transactions, for this negotiation with government can be done but its centralisation is very much necessary.

I was about to call the same problem and first searched the thread to see if anyone else has noted it, then I sow your post but I don't agree with all your points. Illegal use isn't something that's done only in blockchains, if nothing else it's easier to find out here because of the transparency... at least in theory.

First of all, yes BTC is decentralised which makes it almost impossible for one person or one team to come in any kind of negotiation with a government. However a government could potentially PROPOSE something, a rule or a change to the BTC network, then this could be voted by the community to decide if they accept it (and possibly result in a two hardforks Cheesy).
Ethereum has a body of representatives though, in their case someone like Patrick Storchenegger (more about him here: https://www.ethereum.org/foundation) would be able to take a first step into making ETH more widely accepted.

Some benefits of promoting BTC to governments would be more news like this: https://coinjournal.net/florida-county-tax-collector-becomes-first-government-agency-to-accept-bitcoin/
In Florida's case, it was up to one person's authority (or at least he proposed it and it probably got accepted) but in most countries things are not as easy as "person A wants X to be done, X is done the next day".

PS: I don't know if Florida is indeed accepting BTC for tax payment right now, not yet or if they may never accepted it after all.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:38:03 PM

It is good if that happen but I think not all people will allow that to happen specially those who are in areas with no electricity, no internet connection and also for those who are against on bitcoin.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:45:23 PM

Making legal is not a big thing but what government wanted is to control bitcoin and its transaction which is impossible. But if they consider bitcoin like other equity market and impose tax according to it then they can earn huge tax which will be benefited by the government in the development of the country.

Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 01:44:50 AM

It will be a good boost for the entire crypto market if the governments give in to the petitions of Bitcoins. I don't think the exact problem is coming from tax isuses, terrorism funding or money laundering activities. The truth is, the governments do not support the decentralization because it takes them out of the financial transaction process. The governments are scared to lose this kind of power to the people.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:58:29 AM

Government before issuing regulation must be considering many aspect from bussiness to politic. Its not just government because this involving from central banks untill parlement. But i am believe bitcoin or cryptocurrency will regulated by government in near future
Yes I'm also hoping that in the future it will become regulated on which everyone can be know and use it easily in their daily lives. I also think before it will become regulated it will required a lot of discussion so that the people who will use it will become satisfied and aware from the possible risk that they maybe experienced on which can help them to improve their ideas that could help them to earn a huge profit in the future.

Gonzaleti

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:13:13 AM

i think its okay if the government give the tax to the bitcoin holder and the investor, with one condition, bitcoin can be used freedom in that country and 100% legal, so we can use the bitcoin as the payment system in that coountry
Bitcoin transactions are peer to peer, so the government must legalize to get taxes. Although prohibited, transactions continue but are illegal and the government does not get taxes. Regarding the negative side of bitcoin transactions, the government must monitor to minimize the impact.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: