Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 02:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nano Ledger S USD Value Incorrect?  (Read 287 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:39:17 PM

Alright nevermind, it got me to the app catalog for some reason.  But was there any issue because i had waves client opened earlier?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:40:49 PM

Hcp, yes i will use the edit button from now on.  And earlier for some reason after i click manager, it never loaded the apps which is why i ask this.
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4315

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:42:51 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Okay when i installed waves from coin app from manager... i actually had the waves lite client opened.  I did not notice this earlier.  You say you are not suppose to do that.  Is there any effect this had?  I had the waves lite client opened and did not know it would have any affect.  
No... I'm saying that if you try to use Waves client... and have Ledger Live open at the same time, it most likely won't work properly as your Ledger Nano S can only communicate with one program at a time.

Nothing "Bad" will happen... it just more than likely won't connect properly.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:45:01 PM

HCP, when i do the thing with waves, so that would mean all my waves would be transferred to the nano ledger s if i do the transfer?  Thus there would be 0 waves in my waves client?

Do you know what happens to all those airdrops from waves like wave community token and similar coins etc?

Also.  Does this mean i could basically right now check my nano ledger s with either ledger live or that bitcoin ledger app from the chrome store?  Thus i still have 2 options to choose from anytime i want?  Also i notice that when i opened ledgerlive without the ledger connected to it, it still showed the currency balance of btc there.  But that is updated live is that correct?  Like example i sent some btc using the bitcoin ledger wallet from chrome.  Then i unplug it from laptop.  Then i open ledgerlive... but i do not have the ledger connected to my laptop.  It would show the correct updated btc balance?  
HCP
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:48:04 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

HCP, when i do the thing with waves, so that would mean all my waves would be transferred to the nano ledger s if i do the transfer?  Thus there would be 0 waves in my waves client?
Do you know what happens to all those airdrops from waves like wave community token and similar coins etc?
No. I have no idea about waves. Go ask on the Waves Community Forums.

Also.  Does this mean i could basically right now check my nano ledger s with either ledger live or that bitcoin ledger app from the chrome store?  Thus i still have 2 options to choose from anytime i want?  Also i notice that when i opened ledgerlive without the ledger connected to it, it still showed the currency balance of btc there.  But that is updated live is that correct?  Like example i sent some btc using the bitcoin ledger wallet from chrome.  Then i unplug it from laptop.  Then i open ledgerlive... but i do not have the ledger connected to my laptop.  It would show the correct updated btc balance?  
Yes, the public keys for your Ledger Nano S are "saved" within Ledger Live wallet... so it is a "Watching Only" wallet. So it can show live balance without your device connected. If you receive any coins in the accounts that you have setup with Ledger Live, the balances will be updated accordingly.

This is one of the key benefits of Ledger Live... you can monitor your accounts without the device being attached.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:51:33 PM

HCP thanks.  And putting a password is 100 percent recommended right?  I know with electrum, you told me a while back, you 100 percent need to put one for sending btc.  But the other password of seeing its balance, well that is of course recommended but not required but of course someone checking your computer could view it very easily etc.

Also are you familiar with powerledger?  I notice that ledger s supports it.  But then it shows you need MEW or mycrypto as the wallet similar to like waves wallet and nano ledger s?  So example if i keep powerledger in my trading account, i can't just send it to nano ledger s.  I need either MEW or mycrypto to use in combination with nano ledger s?  So you cant even use powerledgers own wallet for this?
HCP
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:27:07 AM

Also are you familiar with powerledger?  I notice that ledger s supports it.  But then it shows you need MEW or mycrypto as the wallet similar to like waves wallet and nano ledger s?  So example if i keep powerledger in my trading account, i can't just send it to nano ledger s.  I need either MEW or mycrypto to use in combination with nano ledger s?  So you cant even use powerledgers own wallet for this?
As far as I can tell, POWR is just another ERC20 token that utilises the ETH network and there is no "Power Ledger wallet"... so I'm not sure what you're talking about? Huh

Like all the other ERC20 tokens, it will require you to use an ETH based wallet that supports tokens, like MEW or MyCrypto, in conjunction with your Nano S.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:06:56 AM

I thought there was a power ledger wallet as when you type power ledger wallet, there is a site called powerledger.io?

Thanks for the information with everything else man. 

By the way, how many of these coins can i install at once?  Example i installed bitcoin and also waves already.  I know there is a limit but i believe that has changed?   Also if i see waves in my nano ledger s when i scroll around it on the ledger screen, that means i have it downloaded right?
HCP
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:38:57 AM

I thought there was a power ledger wallet as when you type power ledger wallet, there is a site called powerledger.io?
Did you look at the website? Huh

Thanks for the information with everything else man.  
You're welcome

By the way, how many of these coins can i install at once?  Example i installed bitcoin and also waves already.  I know there is a limit but i believe that has changed?   Also if i see waves in my nano ledger s when i scroll around it on the ledger screen, that means i have it downloaded right?
There is no "exact" limit... It all depends on specifically which coin apps you install on your device. What changed was Ledger refactored the apps, so that coins which are similar (for instance, BTC, BCH, LTC, DOGE and other coins based on BTC) are able to all be installed together and "share" the BTC coin app code on the device... the end result being that you can install more of them. However, other coins which do not have similar code take up more space and you'll be limited to how many you can install before the device runs out of space:

The number of installable apps varies

• Apps have different sizes.
  • Apps based on Bitcoin or Ethereum are small. You can install a lot of them at the same time, stacking them. You can install up to 24 apps that are based on Bitcoin.
  • Other apps are independent and cannot be stacked. You can typically install 4 to 5 of those.
  • If you can install less apps than before, reinstall all apps in a different order to reset the storage.

Ledger suggest either simply using "Manager" in Ledger Live to install/uninstall coin apps as required... or buying additional devices Tongue
Simultaneously use more apps
To avoid uninstalling apps to free storage, you can use another device for different apps. If you restore the recovery phrase from the first device on the second one, both devices manage the same private keys and will access the same accounts

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████