Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:40:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much can you make day trading?  (Read 167 times)
bpchill12 (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:17:52 AM

How much can you make a week if your day trading off of $500 a week? Lets say if your an intermediate trader and know some decent skills.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:54:15 AM

there really isn't any limits on how much profit you can make when it comes to trading altcoins. it can be from -100% (or losing everything) up to 10000% pure profit. and this is in fact why this market is considered highly risky and it is also because of the many manipulations that take place in this market.

if you are already familiar with the market and have been successful so far and also if you are a careful trader not a reckless one, i'd say a 5% profit daily or at least every 2 days is a reasonable thing.

--looking for signature--
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:06:31 AM

How much can you make a week if your day trading off of $500 a week? Lets say if your an intermediate trader and know some decent skills.
5% is the ideal number! If you are lucky, may be better but Investing in virtual money is quite risky! Not sure will get profit.
DdoubleD

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:09:33 AM

Aim high for like 5-6% a day if you can. If not, 2-3% everyday consistently is a good margin to make.
btcefeyigit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

strategy is very important in crypto money world. Before you decide how to invest. the amount of money for daily trading is not important, I think the profit target is important.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:16:30 AM

It depends on the current run on crypto's price, if the trend of the market is downward you may get less profit than when the market price is upward. This is just one of the factors that affect the profitability in day trading.
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:17:59 AM

I think it is very difficult, even if you have a good trading strategy, you also can't every operation is correct, so I want to at most a day on average 5% of revenues is a very good thing, short most of the time I won't do the deal.

Dlongob

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:22:01 AM

I think 5-10% of my balance, but sometimes it's defisit because very influaktive market. So if your skill okay it's just a little trouble.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:29:06 AM

You can make more than $10-$50 for that amount daily if you are not that too greedy at all. Percentage given above are ideal like 2-5% per day. You should make your own game plan but its not guaranteed that you can also earn all the time. You will went through different trials and upsets if you will not that careful on what you do. But if you are really that good from being intermediate trader you will become an expert and you are good at reading charts, you can earn more than the amount I gave.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
cool kong

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:30:09 AM

I trade about $400,000 a week, which is not very high. I am satisfied with a few percent at a time. I only buy BTC when the price of BTC falls sharply.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:39:15 AM

I think you should be aiming for a few percent daily trading but you need to be very skilled with charts or pattern recognition to be able to spot the high and low turning points in each session. I have gone for the strategy of investing in ICO with a view to turning a quick 20 - 25% profit for 2 - 4 week investment time. It means I don't have to screen watch all day either just be ready on token release day.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:41:27 AM

No one can really say, it depends too much.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:03:56 AM

it's hard now getting $ 500 for me in trading because my balance is a bit, got $ 200 profit is big enough, I'm not good at trading

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:07:21 AM

It depends on the market situation. If you are experienced and have got decent skills then you can make a reasonable amount, but it all depends how the market is behaving.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:09:26 AM

day trading did not really good to pick because have higher risk than long term trading, at past when i do day trading activity it is only 5-10% because coin's price not always like what we want

bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:09:59 AM

for this matter can not be fixed can i get advantage how much, because I do not know the market will tomorrow, it's just a hope to fit with analysis which have been in the plan.

and it also depends on the capital used in trading, let's just say I can get 5% in 1 week with insurance risk that I spend by 10%
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:13:18 AM

Depends how good you are, of course. A lot of people say more or less 5% on average.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:23:14 AM

It all depends on the situation on the market. There is a week that does not make a profit for me. It happens 5-10% a week, and sometimes you buy and the coin gives 10-20%!) There are naturally losses, but without them there is no trading.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:26:15 AM

I think the aim of making as much as you can is counterproductive as it will lead to overreaching on trades and buying or selling after the optimum point.
The best approach is to aim for a certain % on each transaction, and then when you hit that, finish the trade. It is generally better to buy when everyone is selling, and sell when everyone is buying.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:36:58 AM

You may multiply your 500usd ten times in five minutes or have some 10% a week. Day trading is a lottery, although there is little likelohood you lose it all fast.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:39:44 AM

its around 30-300% weekly its depends how skillfull you are and also doesnt mean you will not lost in any trade. Even professional experience to lose.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
HartleyDrake

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:39:52 AM

i watched a documentary of trading where a man makes 150-300$ a month in Africa or Nigeria i think which is pretty good amount for him he says because of the power outages and other things happening in his country
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:43:01 AM

Per day you can easily make 10-15% profit from each trading, if you know how to trade, but at the same time its very risky too you may lose as well.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:48:06 AM

It entirely depends upon how well the market plays. I started into crypto as a day trader, my long bad habits from stock market never ended lol.
However, over the time, I had great success over long and medium term holdings. I still day trade but I hardly risk 10% of my portfolio to day trade. Sometimes I made that 10% with 100+% profit, other days I lose it all. thats the gamble  Cry
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

I think there might be days where you will either lose a lot of money or just stay in the trade in the hope for the price to rise the other day. On other days you will make profit. The question is if you will make profit or loss in the long run. In crypto world you have very few fundamentals (in the contrary to the stock market) and its always a bit like playing Lotto. Currencies which are very popular today may be worthless tomorrow and of course the other way around.
Oh, and don't forget the costs (fees for transactions and transfering money) which will be deducted from your profits. In the end it might be far more profitable to buy and hold for several years.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Hagmonar

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

there really isn't any limits on how much profit you can make when it comes to trading altcoins. it can be from -100% (or losing everything) up to 10000% pure profit. and this is in fact why this market is considered highly risky and it is also because of the many manipulations that take place in this market.

if you are already familiar with the market and have been successful so far and also if you are a careful trader not a reckless one, i'd say a 5% profit daily or at least every 2 days is a reasonable thing.

Agree 5% is good profit already since you are trading daily for me daytrading is risky and im not suggested to do day trading unless you have a good skill in crypto traidng platform.
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 07:02:10 AM

Making money in day trading depends how much experienced trader you are, do you have any technical analysis knowledge and most important how much volatility in market. And there is no limit to make money in day trading, might you make 20,50 or even 100% profit or even you might your capital also if you not trade with discipline. But if you are satisfied with 10-20% daily I think its very good. And day trading is completely gambling so I will advice to invest your capital in good coins that have good future ahead and they will give you 3-5x in 8-10 months.

Tetep Mesem

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:09:17 AM

personally in my opinion. The average of 5-7% will be accepted. but, if your trading is in the good trading category, then the profit can exceed it. so to profit it depends on the trading that you live.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16 (http://sandblock.io)
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:30:34 AM

It will be doubled ,but depends on the potential of coins  . Let we say if you have $500 alt and the alt has a tend to soar within a weeks ,then for sure there will be a good return maybe x5 unless if you didn't noticed the drop, hehe 'cause the market is not stable and very unpredictable nowadays due to some fuds. And perhaps doing day trading on altcoin  in this circumstances is not recommended because all alt now is suffering because bitcoin is on top.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

if i had only 500 usd in crypto i wouldnt check and try to catch daily profits. you shoul focus for mid term things. For example if you join a good ico you can make x2 x3 in a few weeks which is not bad for the beginning. but if you prefer to trade altcoins you will suffer in this bearish market for sure.
Azzam Khalif

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:48:35 AM

to know how much we can when trading, depending on the trading we live. if the trading is good it can be up to 7-9%. and if the trading is not good about 2-3%. hopefully, the trading that we live can run well.

▰▰▰▰▰   REDCAB   ▰▰▰▰▰
DECENTRALIZED TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION
george_hured

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:57:33 AM

I think that many depends on whether you know and know what trading is, because today it is very promising and if you have such opportunities, it will be better if you do this often and you can earn a lot
Step NOY

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:30:36 AM

Well, actually you can do 300-200 dollars, I have a friend so zarobatyvat, but by the way once earned $ 1,000 with me for the day.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:30:07 AM

once i have made 1 eth of profit in zilliqa when it was just launched in ED   by day trading then i invested all of my capital into CCO due to greed after seeing that it has really low supply now i am in heavy loss.. never ever invest all of your capital in just one token or coin.. dont invest more than 10% of your capital.. diversify your porfilio

maliboom

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:36:08 AM

It seems to me a question that it is impossible to give a respsota in a market so volatile. one day you can do 50% and day -20
Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:42:07 AM

There is no average per week in cryptocurrency because the market is very volatile even if you have an experience in trading it is hard to predict where the market goes. You can even lose instead of gain if you make a wrong decision that is why i prefer position trading to minimize my loses.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: