Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99219 times)
mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 11:54:30 PM

Hi mrkent,

I'm having a lot of problems lately.  Amazon has recently only been showing the "Prime" price and this is what purse latches onto.  This is causing all of my purse orders to get cancelled because the buyer using their CC gets sticker shock at checkout.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:14:12 PM

Regarding fees:

Fee is 1% for discounts of 10% or less, then it scales exponentially using this equation: FEE = exp((x - 10)/15), x being the requested discount.

Is the fee only shown in an obscured part of this blog post? https://purse.io/blog/post/101598347574/the-purse-discount

Looks good - this is the maximum resolution, really:

Perhaps, you wanted to show some example numbers as well?

Anyways, you have written here FEE = exp((x - 10)/15), on the small picture, the numbers are 0.1 and 0.15; I understand it is because one is in % and the other is not, but perhaps could you give a full rundown on this, so at least I can put the thing into Excel and see it for myself. The numbers just do not add up - yet.

It seems also, that you are looking for clients who are also mathematicians - it is not difficult maths, sure; just sayin' that for some of your target market it might be. Or, you don't consider those folks as your target market.

Edit: I just see the equation on the picture is a power (number), on your text above it is not. Still, need this to work with in Excel.

Hey mrkent,

Would you care to address this? Thanks
manicminer

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:17:16 PM

https://purse.io/blog/post/101695038908/our-first-full-time-hire-welcome-steven

“you guys are pickier than Google!”

How about hiring a few guys do actually do customer service? That would help you in the long run. Just my 2 cents.
manicminer

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:22:04 PM

mrkent, read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1032551.msg11155679#msg11155679
mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:20:32 PM

Regarding fees:

We'll probably just abstract the whole fee thing and just let users select via their final effective discount.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 10:28:12 AM

mrkent... where do you get the vouchers for the Instant program for? I mean i you guys buy those vouchers then you are at risk. Or does the 5% already have this risk priced in?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:58:28 PM

Also, is the Purse Instant feature just in beta? It looks awesome and I'd love to try it since I have to get some stuff off Amazon, but it seems that its US only for now.
byt411

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:29:36 PM

Hello,
I had problem using brawker, I would know how purse.io protect the bitcoin spender against the bitcoin buyer who use stolen credit card ?
What happen if I recieved an item that was ordered by a frauder using stolen credit card ?
thank you

Purse will refund it. If something drastic happens and you get arrested/sued for fraud, Purse.io will cover up to $10,000 of legal fees.
https://purse.io/blog/post/107428330333/our-commitment-to-trust-security
byt411

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:51:23 PM

Hello, ok so bitcoin buyer frauder can use stolen credit card for ordering and I can get arrested/sued for fraud ?

According to recent statistics, there is a 0.0001% chance of that happening, and even if it does, purse will cover up to $10,000 of legal fees.
Crypto.Conyo

Activity: 405

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:12:40 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 10:01:24 PM by Crypto.Conyo

@mrkent:
If you read this message, this is a Support call.
I cannot logon to Purse.io since tuesday 28/04.  The following day I raised a call to the support team. I received an answer from Ashkan, where I've been told that the following day my issue would have been addressed.
After that, not any further answer back, even if I reported to have receveid an email informing me that my item was purchased by a buyer.
That was my first ad.
I hope I'll be able to release BTC, when I'll receive the item (providing that the item has been actually purchased by someone).
I hope as well not to receive a negative feedback, in case I won't be able to logon in time.
My username @Purse.io is NUNKEST.

Thanks for help.
Crypto.Conyo

Activity: 405

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

@amouretpaix: Thank you. Well, I've tried to logon either with IE and Chrome, resetting password more than once, without success. Same test performed in two different clients and in a third one with Chrome and FF. After that, I reasonably suspect the problem is server-side.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:17:11 PM

Cross-post, but the API purse.io is calling from shapeshift.io for Instant is not working properly for Monero: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717973.msg11272211#msg11272211
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:46:39 AM

I will try it out, hopefully I can get some good deals
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:19:00 PM

Why does purse giving me so many disappointments? Since i waited over night to get some product bought i now decided that i cant wait any longer, since it seems no buyers are around at the moment. Or purse isnt advertising at the moment. So i sat my discount to 5% and... nothing happens. Not purse instant. I had tried purse instant before with 8% discount as a tester and all went fine, besides giving them the shipping address.

Now i tried to buy the product directly through their searchbar and... they tell me that only US-Adresses are accepted anymore.

Great. Useless feature again. And i thought i can trust purse on this because i need the product till mai 8th. I feel like i shouldnt put trust into purse since at the end they change their rules anyway so that i cant participate.  Embarrassed

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
elusive1

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:17:50 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 01:50:40 AM by elusive1

A few stupid questions (I know there are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions)

What purchases can be made internationally without issue,? With gift cards vs. credit card, Kindle maybe, not sure.

Many things cannot be purchased with gift card balances, gift cards, downloadable games, etc. Is there a list somewhere? You generally do not see if your gift card balance is being charged until the last step.

Can you pick other Amazon sellers to avoid sales tax?

It is mentioned that first timers are restricted to 8% discount, though all the first time sellers I can see show an effective rate higher than 8%. Is some commission included?

What is the comb looking icon in the spenders column?

Why does Purse restrict Spenders to an 8% minimum, what possible purpose can that serve? As long as they put a minimum commission what would it matter?

The blog shows empty to me, but I see links in this thread to a blog. Is there a better link?

Should we if asked, give the spender the tracking number to the item?

Why is there a rating system for Bitcoin buyers, the process starts with them ordering and Amazon shipping the item. What could they possibly do to enhance or degrade the transaction? I would think, the only realistic negative could be some type of fraud. In that situation, one would think Purse should get involved with something a little stronger than a bad rating.

In regards to the "Import Amazon Gift Card " feature, I see it takes 24-48 hours to get processed. Does that mean paid or do you take 1-2 days to actually redeem the card? I am sure most buyers don't really care when Purse pays them, but wish to get the card out of the control of whoever sold it to them.

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Why does purse giving me so many disappointments? Since i waited over night to get some product bought i now decided that i cant wait any longer, since it seems no buyers are around at the moment. Or purse isnt advertising at the moment. So i sat my discount to 5% and... nothing happens. Not purse instant. I had tried purse instant before with 8% discount as a tester and all went fine, besides giving them the shipping address.

Now i tried to buy the product directly through their searchbar and... they tell me that only US-Adresses are accepted anymore.

Great. Useless feature again. And i thought i can trust purse on this because i need the product till mai 8th. I feel like i shouldnt put trust into purse since at the end they change their rules anyway so that i cant participate.  Embarrassed

For once the US gets a Bitcoin feature first. lol, no, wait, for once the US gets a *technology* feature first. Have some patience, man.
Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:10:41 AM

A few stupid questions (I know there are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions)

What purchases can be made internationally without issue,? With gift cards vs. credit card, Kindle maybe, not sure.

Many things cannot be purchased with gift card balances, gift cards, downloadable games, etc. Is there a list somewhere? You generally do not see if your gift card balance is being charged until the last step.

Can you pick other Amazon sellers to avoid sales tax?

It is mentioned that first timers are restricted to 8% discount, though all the first time sellers I can see show an effective rate higher than 8%. Is some commission included?

What is the comb looking icon in the spenders column?

Why does Purse restrict Spenders to an 8% minimum, what possible purpose can that serve? As long as they put a minimum commission what would it matter?

The blog shows empty to me, but I see links in this thread to a blog. Is there a better link?

Should we if asked, give the spender the tracking number to the item?

Why is there a rating system for Bitcoin buyers, the process starts with them ordering and Amazon shipping the item. What could they possibly do to enhance or degrade the transaction? I would think, the only realistic negative could be some type of fraud. In that situation, one would think Purse should get involved with something a little stronger than a bad rating.

I would like to know about this also.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:12:00 AM

When doing an instant purchase, after the bitcoins confirm, I see a "Confirm Shipment" button on the order page. What is this button for?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:25:40 AM

When doing an instant purchase, after the bitcoins confirm, I see a "Confirm Shipment" button on the order page. What is this button for?

That's the button you press once your order actually arrives. That's what releases the funds in escrow to the person who purchased the items on your behalf.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:08:02 AM

That's the button you press once your order actually arrives. That's what releases the funds in escrow to the person who purchased the items on your behalf.

Got it. It was confusing to me because the shipment occurs well before it is received. I almost felt like it was instructing me to click the button to *initiate* the shipment once the bitcoins had been received by Purse, but that just didn't make sense (which is why I asked).

It's obviously not my site, but I think something less ambiguous like "Package Received" or "Confirm package received" or something along those lines might be less confusing to people. Just my two satoshis.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: