Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinTalk Forum Have Own Application?  (Read 178 times)
Sudhik (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:42:28 AM

When I'm looking for some info about this forum (Not at this forum, But at google)
I See the apps (apk) for this forum, that at google play store.
My question is, this is real from forum developers? or this is just fishing site to steal our account?

I don't wanna the community fooled by this apps. thank you

Link of the apps : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.elbandi.forum.bitcointalk&hl=in&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dmemperbesar+tampilan+bitcointalk+forum&pcampaignid=APPU_1_soGfWtKdF4LNvgTTo6-QDQ

sorry I can't attach the screenshoot, because my phone crashed and closed automatically when open imgur.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:18:31 AM
Merited by malevolent (3)

There is no official Bitcointalk.org app, I'd steer clear of these.
Alone055

Activity: 1000
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:51:12 AM

This has been discussed before as well. Here is the link to that thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2144807.0

You might want to see the last post of that thread, by Vod. That is:

Guys - relax.

There will be no mobile app until we move to the new forum.  Why make an app for this old outdated software?

So, there is no official App for Bitcointalk right now. There might be one after moving to the new forum as said by Vod.
I would suggest you (and all others reading this post) not to enter your credentials in any application as they can possibly be stolen.

Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:14:04 PM

I'd also seen that application last two months ago. And it seems that application was not announce official by moderators which means its not safe and there is a tendency for the phishing of accounts. I'm just curious who is the developer of that application?
This has been discussed before as well. Here is the link to that thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2144807.0
I'd also read that topic last time and I also create one on our local board asking for feedbacks wether it is safe or not.
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:29:16 PM

I'd also read that topic last time and I also create one on our local board asking for feedbacks wether it is safe or not.

It's not safe. I downloaded and installed and then realised that it only wants to capture your login details.
I immediately change my password after that.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:52:17 PM

This has been discussed many times and it seems that whenever the last thread discussing this goes past about page 5 another thread discussing the same thing inevitably pops up in it's place. Basically the outcome of these threads every time is finding out that the BitcoinTalk Application(s) are never officially released by staff. Theymos et al. have too much on their plate to work on a redundant application. I say it is redundant, because the forum is a very simplistic platform in terms of design, usage and access. You can access the forum from any mobile browser on any device, as far as I know there is very few if any devices with the ability to surf the internet that cannot use this forum fully. There just isn't a need for an application.

That being said, these applications are normally programmed by someone somewhat trustworthy. Every time we've done the research in threads like this, we find that the developer seems somewhat trustworthy, but definitely not trustworthy enough to input your log-in details or hangout on their version of the forum. What benefits would a application serve?
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

It's not safe. I downloaded and installed and then realised that it only wants to capture your login details.
I immediately change my password after that.

Same, this is only for hack purposes. At first i didn't think about it as a hack because it's look legit and similar to the site. Until i realized that it's impossible to have a mobile app of this kind of forum and i know that this is exclusive for web browsers only. I change also the password of mine because it might hack my account.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:17:17 PM

These was already discussed will report this to the Mods for locking or deleting this post to stop spamming by other members. Better to be aware of the other topics for your post not being trashed in the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: