Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you sell/buy bitcointalk accounts?  (Read 4823 times)
pummle

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:08:23 PM

tbh an older account with high activity (and maybe even a good trustrating) is one of the best tools for a big scam.

i saw alot of scams happen here on this forums and there will probaly alot to come in the future.

would it even technically be possible to track a account that has been sold? because i doubt that would be possible if the holder of the bought account(s) uses some vpn for the right ip adress?

Maybe there could be a way to add a comment in the trust rating so people know the account has been sold?  That way the former owner of an account is not held responsible for actions they didn't actually do.

If the person who sold the account has another account, they can use the second account to add a trust rating to the first account saying the account was sold.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:32:19 PM

tbh an older account with high activity (and maybe even a good trustrating) is one of the best tools for a big scam.

i saw alot of scams happen here on this forums and there will probaly alot to come in the future.

would it even technically be possible to track a account that has been sold? because i doubt that would be possible if the holder of the bought account(s) uses some vpn for the right ip adress?

Maybe there could be a way to add a comment in the trust rating so people know the account has been sold?  That way the former owner of an account is not held responsible for actions they didn't actually do.

If the person who sold the account has another account, they can use the second account to add a trust rating to the first account saying the account was sold.

That will make the sold account worthless or at least not as worthy as it was.
And so the account buyer will likely just request the account seller to keep the trade secret...

Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:31:22 AM

Also, much more bought accounts nowadays are used for sig campaigns due to the member group restrictions on signatures and overall increased payment to sig campaign participants.

This is my feeling. There is pretty strong incentive for people to buy accounts for signature campaigns. They can make the money back very quickly, looking at the going rates for accounts.
ACCTseller

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:12:07 PM

Also, much more bought accounts nowadays are used for sig campaigns due to the member group restrictions on signatures and overall increased payment to sig campaign participants.

This is my feeling. There is pretty strong incentive for people to buy accounts for signature campaigns. They can make the money back very quickly, looking at the going rates for accounts.
Most people can ROI with signature campaigns in just a few weeks.
pummle

Activity: 109

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:59:17 PM

Do the people paying for signatures actually get that much benefit from the programs? Do people actually click on the obnoxious sig ads?

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
Baitty

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

Do the people paying for signatures actually get that much benefit from the programs? Do people actually click on the obnoxious sig ads?

Well since I have been using stunnas service I always gamble my earned bitcoin (and sometimes dig into my own personal wallet) so yes I guess a lot of people do this.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:23:20 PM

I guess so.
If the businesses don't get much traffic and sales from the sig campaigns, they would have end it or at least lower the pay rate. Smiley

martinnew

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

People already do. The value depends on what others are willing to pay but you should check other posts out about selling accounts as it is normally used for scamming and you may receive bad rep for selling

Selling forum accounts is new to me as I only thought that blogs and forums are being sold, not individual  accounts. Can you give hints/tips on how to price an account? Like if how much an account with senior level should cost. Thanks.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:44:11 PM

Can you give hints/tips on how to price an account? Like if how much an account with senior level should cost. Thanks.

You can find a few threads in the digital goods section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=93.0 for buying and selling bitcointalk accounts, and you can find check the prices there.

While account trading is allowed, it is not encouraged.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:08:30 PM

I've gotten several complaints lately, from people who bought accounts that turned out to be banned or hacked, and also dirty accounts that were on the verge of being permabanned due to previous infractions. You're on your own in cases like that, we will not help you. Be careful.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
DMeeks

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:21:21 AM

As moderators "and I suppose the admin as well" mentioned before, it's allowed and even in public! if you check the digital goods section you would most likely find 2-5 threads about account selling in the 1st page.
People might give negative trust though if they find the sold/selling account though Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: