Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We got trust issues...  (Read 1426 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 09:18:48 AM

Well, this is one of the reason that I want to start a BitCoin Store in my hometown when I get rich Grin
That way people could come in, buy BitCoins at the counter, check their account on one of the computers, buy merchandise and so on.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indiamikezulu

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:03:23 AM

This is a great thread.  My conception -- still in betabetabeta -- is a partial return to the librtarian roots of altcoining.

'P-WIP' means peer to peer, website, internet-banking, phone. We will have a local and national focus. Trade altcoins in packets of good size. Sell 'mini-bullion.'

Any Australians here?  Give mark a ring. ( he is low vision. Phone is good.)

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:28:29 AM

As far as ease of use is concerned, I think companies like Coinbase and inputs.io are doing an excellent job of making it simple and easy for people to create accounts and deposit money. This is the type of trust I'm talking about - easy to register, user friendly website, helpful in explaining bitcoin, etc. They are the future of Bitcoin.
Easy, convenient, trustworthy, user friendly, social. Glad you like them ...    Sad

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 04:30:03 AM

As far as ease of use is concerned, I think companies like Coinbase and inputs.io are doing an excellent job of making it simple and easy for people to create accounts and deposit money. This is the type of trust I'm talking about - easy to register, user friendly website, helpful in explaining bitcoin, etc. They are the future of Bitcoin.
Easy, convenient, trustworthy, user friendly, social. Glad you like them ...   Sad

Haha, no. Inputs.io just got hacked and is now in debt of 4,100 bitcoins!

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:38:04 AM

Easy, convenient, trustworthy, user friendly, social. Glad you like them ...   Sad

I'm SO glad I'm paranoid with money and not even considered this garbage in my wildest dreams! Seriously, after mining and trading alts, it starts to get on my nerves to see accumulating more than 0.05 - 0.1 BTC at the exchange. Why the hell would I deposit in an online wallet for no purpose at all???

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:43:30 AM

First post here, pretty new to the Bitcoin scene. So I think (like most of you) the bitcoin movement is a fascinating experiment, but is too disorganized and not well polished enough to engender trust on a large, consumer scale. Not everyone is familiar with cryptography and is comfortable with using a string of random digits to use as their personal checking account. In many ways, it is (ironically) similar to a unique bank routing number, but the fact that it is not registered or tied to any one particular "trustworthy" party ends up spooking people. One of the reasons many people trust their very own banking institutions is because of the FDIC's $250,000 guarantee, i.e. it's government insured. Also, when you go to a bank, you can see and speak to an actual representative...The problem with Bitcoin, of course, is that its basic function almost mandates a disconnect from traditional banking sources. So how do we resolve this and foster more confidence in the system?

What you're talking about has nothing to do with any features of Bitcoin itself.

It has to do with the emerging financial services industries that are and will continue emerging around Bitcoin.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 04:51:30 AM

The trust in Bitcoin is backed by math, not financial institutions.

It is OK if the average person does not trust Bitcoin yet, because frankly, we would not be able to handle the transaction volume.

BTW web wallets have a long history of being well-polished scams. See: "Mybitcoin"

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:15:21 AM

Easy, convenient, trustworthy, user friendly, social. Glad you like them ...   Sad

I'm SO glad I'm paranoid with money and not even considered this garbage in my wildest dreams! Seriously, after mining and trading alts, it starts to get on my nerves to see accumulating more than 0.05 - 0.1 BTC at the exchange. Why the hell would I deposit in an online wallet for no purpose at all???
Because humans never learn
Or some of them like to be scammed, I don't know

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: