Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sMerit Decay system ?  (Read 220 times)
cryptorampage (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:04:31 AM

Please some one answer the sMerit decay system . How long it will gonna hold ? Just simple question >>
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:06:07 AM

Please some one answer the sMerit decay system . How long it will gonna hold ? Just simple question >>

sMerit decay system (SDS) does not exist yet.  It may never exist.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
cryptorampage (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:08:44 AM

Ohh got it , Thanks vod.  I was too worried about that , i have got little number but being generous i don't want to loose those. Because many good posts have right to receive it. Thank you.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:14:12 AM

I think you are trying to imply how long the sMerits will remain until they decay. There is not an official declaration regarding this from admins. Also people should merit posts as per their wish and those which they deem as "quality" content because you never know when they are going to decay.

I believe this answers your question though a bit side-tracked. Let me know if you need any other clarification.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:30:09 AM

As per the current rules, it is not going to decay ever. But I think this will be changed soon. If I was the one making the decision I would have set it to 1 month. This ensures that the members are actively looking for good posts and meriting them as well.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:35:21 AM

Ohh got it , Thanks vod.  I was too worried about that , i have got little number but being generous i don't want to loose those. Because many good posts have right to receive it. Thank you.

I think you are confusing Merit with sMerit.  (Also, LOSE is spelled with one O, not two.  )

Merit is something you have that you cannot give away and it cannot be taken from you.

sMerit is something you gain from positive activity that you can give away to other people.  You have no benefit if you do or don't give the sMerit away,

sMerit will not decrease, although this may change in the future, via SDS.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:22:47 AM

sMerit decay system (SDS) does not exist yet.  It may never exist.

Ohh got it , Thanks vod.  I was too worried about that , i have got little number but being generous i don't want to loose those. Because many good posts have right to receive it. Thank you.

I think you are confusing Merit with sMerit.  (Also, LOSE is spelled with one O, not two.  )

Merit is something you have that you cannot give away and it cannot be taken from you.

sMerit is something you gain from positive activity that you can give away to other people.  You have no benefit if you do or don't give the sMerit away,

sMerit will not decrease, although this may change in the future, via SDS.
I give you guys thumbs up for your resolve to maintain the quality of this forum. This merit system is one good thing that has happen in recent time. It is going to curtail excesses of persons who just want to rank up with no quality in mind.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:46:23 PM

I read some conflicting stuff. Lots of people saying that sMerit decays? And now this thread is the only thread I've found that says sMerit doesn't decay.

I've been stressing out whether or not I should look for good posts everyday to give my sMerits to because I don't know if they decay in 1 week or 1 month.

But now I guess I'll hodl them for posts I really want to merit.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:26:08 PM

I read some conflicting stuff. Lots of people saying that sMerit decays? And now this thread is the only thread I've found that says sMerit doesn't decay.

I've been stressing out whether or not I should look for good posts everyday to give my sMerits to because I don't know if they decay in 1 week or 1 month.

But now I guess I'll hodl them for posts I really want to merit.
I think that is a healthy practice to actively looking for quality post and sending sMerit to them as quickly as possible, just like in the real economy, spending do drive the whole economy up, in our Merit economy that probably can translate to spending sMerit as quickly as possible would drive up quality post numbers as people are more encouraged to post similar kind of quality post.

As stated on the Merit stats page
There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.

For now unused sMerit decaying still not implemented.

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

There are lots of users who are actively sent their sMerits away to deserved threads. I agree that someone who didn't send their sMerits. There are several assumptions why this happened.
1) Those users have not logged in their accounts for a long time before or since the lauch of merit system ----> They might send in the future.
2) Those users have actively used their accounts in the forum, but doesn't familiar with merit system. Maybe they don't care about this or a little bit busy to spend their precious time to read information about merit system's mechanism. -----. They might too.
3) Those one who never care about merit system and their sMerits. ----> Mostly wont' pay attention to their sMerits (for those cases, demeriting is needed), but I guess number of that sort of users are very low.

More importantly, Merit system has experienced around 2 months (since January of 2018); so we should wait one or two more months to see what it will become and how sMerits distributed in the forum.
At the moment, I think merit system has done its good original objectives (controling spammers; discovering merit farmers, etc.)

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2452

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:26:48 PM

I suspect that it will be difficult to implement a decay system for sMerit. Smerit is like a bucket of golf balls, you chuck some in, and you take some out, but it's still a load of balls ( whoops - did I meant to say that). How do you know which ball to decay, and are sMerit awarded on a LIFO or FIFO basis? What may happen is that anyone who keeps a lid on his bucket for too long, will have his bucket taken away from him.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

There are lots of users who are actively sent their sMerits away to deserved threads. I agree that someone who didn't send their sMerits. There are several assumptions why this happened.
1) Those users have not logged in their accounts for a long time before or since the lauch of merit system ----> They might send in the future.
2) Those users have actively used their accounts in the forum, but doesn't familiar with merit system. Maybe they don't care about this or a little bit busy to spend their precious time to read information about merit system's mechanism. -----. They might too.
3) Those one who never care about merit system and their sMerits. ----> Mostly wont' pay attention to their sMerits (for those cases, demeriting is needed), but I guess number of that sort of users are very low.

More importantly, Merit system has experienced around 2 months (since January of 2018); so we should wait one or two more months to see what it will become and how sMerits distributed in the forum.
At the moment, I think merit system has done its good original objectives (controling spammers; discovering merit farmers, etc.)

personally, I will only give my smerit to the members who have given me the merit to my quality post. That way there is mutual reciprocity between those who give merit and those who receive merit. However, I do not give merit to members with legendary level, after all, they do not need merit because of they already at the top level. Therefore, I did not spend my merit uselessly.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2452

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:44:29 PM

personally, I will only give my smerit to the members who have given me the merit to my quality post. That way there is mutual reciprocity between those who give merit and those who receive merit. However, I do not give merit to members with legendary level, after all, they do not need merit because of they already at the top level. Therefore, I did not spend my merit uselessly.

That is completely against the whole concept of the merit system, and you should have your smerit taken away from you in my opinion.

btw - I put you on ignore in case I accidentally awarded you with merit.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: