Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin mining (Does this look right)  (Read 1046 times)
orcanice (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:27:34 PM

does this look right it just keeps going on like that
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HyperBeam

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:30:45 AM

No, it doesn't seem like you're mining.
azzabar

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:21:34 AM

Zero accepted shares, you are not mining.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:58:06 AM

Yes you are mining, but too slow. You haven't found any shares with sufficient difficulty.

Just keep going.

hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

does this look right it just keeps going on like that

What hardware are you mining with, 6kh/s seems like too slow to really gain anything.

Only continue to mine if you have free electricity. Smiley

Pumpkin

Activity: 151

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:30:51 AM

What's your hardware? Compare it to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

You're mining at the speed of a weak CPU.
orcanice (OP)

Activity: 194

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:11:15 PM

Only Got a nvidia gt630m right now. Also i Got free electricity.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:55:25 PM

You are destroying your card, and you will be waiting for a long time to get enough balance to withdraw.
You are better off enjoying games with your graphics card.

fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:06:54 PM

Gt630m means you are using a laptop right?. Please stop it before you kill your laptop even if you have free electricity.

lonesoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:23:27 PM

People are right to be concerned about your laptop, normally the airflow in a laptop isnt great to be able to keep the graphics card cool and as you cant see the temperature of your card it will be difficult to determine if it is running over the safe limits for the card itself.

the other major concern with laptops is the other components that will be in close proximity to the graphics card. they can also be burnt out by the excess heat from the graphics card.

in my rigs at home the cards can get up to 90+ degrees at times (apparently safe margins on my card goes all the way to 117 but i haven't ever been above 100 {6 fans helps ;p} )

but with all that being said...

if you wanted to improve the speed of mining (at the cost of MORE heat) when the miner is running, type

G   (shortcut on the miner to get to the graphic settings)

I     (Intensity option in the graphic settings)

15   (sets the Intensity of the miner to 15 {you are currently at 8}

then Press return/enter

I have seen on my cards when they fiirst start and have intensity of 8/9 that i get very low hash rate of maybe 30-35k, but when its cracked up (im normally at 18, but you can push it to 20, although i dont normally see much difference between 18-20 other than heat generation)  I get up to the more normal 400k

buuut remember HEAT is the main by product of mining with a laptop, and heat Kills laptops!

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:30:04 PM

Because CGminer isn't showing you your graphic card temperature (which is weird). I suggest you downloading GPU-Z and test it yourself. Don't get shock if its at 100 Celsius.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: