Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2013-10-12] What An ATM Could Mean For The Bitcoin Community  (Read 822 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 02:57:34 PM

What An ATM Could Mean For The Bitcoin Community

Choosing to use Bitcoin has always been about valuing privacy, innovation or deregulation over the convenience of fiat currency. But with the arrival of Bitcoin ATMs, users may no longer have to sacrifice one advantage over the others.

http://readwrite.com/2013/10/11/what-an-atm-could-mean-for-the-bitcoin-community#awesm=~ok4nW2CnSL0BFN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:30:47 PM

Choosing to use Bitcoin has always been about valuing privacy, innovation or deregulation over the convenience of fiat currency. But with the arrival of Bitcoin ATMs, users may no longer have to sacrifice one advantage over the others.
I've seen Bitcoin ATM news articles several times now with companies trying to promote them or announcing they'll be selling them.  It would be an interesting site to see some of these out there, I'm not sure if there are any in the wild yet.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:48:34 AM

I've seen Bitcoin ATM news articles several times now with companies trying to promote them or announcing they'll be selling them.  It would be an interesting site to see some of these out there, I'm not sure if there are any in the wild yet.

It's gonna be slow going given all the regulation required by those who will run/operate the machines, but they are slowly being deployed.

I think Vancouver either has some or should have some soon.  We'll see if I find time to figure out a business model to get one in Cleveland... but it's gonna be a while.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: