Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 07:42:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The way I see altcoins (right now)  (Read 947 times)
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 01:22:45 PM by knight22

Full of miners, empty of users. That's why they don't have merely any value.
Am I wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tupacshomey

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:07:39 PM

I still see it as the early days... people don't know what they want until you tell them and make it something they want...

With all the issues going on, i don't see why a different countries wouldn't adopt different currencies that their native programmers create.

Maybe... just maybe that's where the next coins should focus, on the strengths of what a country can offer. Even if it's something as minute as recycling items for cryptos,which can then be used to purchase clean water in third world countries that have such issues. (Just a random thought as many of them wont have an electronic device at the moment to transfer as easily as we do)
Neo8

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 05:21:13 PM

There is no market for altcoins, especially for clone coins.

Bitcoin found its way into mainstream use, people have reasons to carry it, but there is no ask for other coins except for pumps and dumps and scams...

However, I think there is a great growth for niches that might be available.

For example, it's now impossible to compete with Google in a global market, but there are local search engines more popular (e.g., Baidu in China, Daum in Korean, Yandex in Russia etc.).
BobMarley

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:28:02 PM

I still see it as the early days... people don't know what they want until you tell them and make it something they want...

With all the issues going on, i don't see why a different countries wouldn't adopt different currencies that their native programmers create.

Maybe... just maybe that's where the next coins should focus, on the strengths of what a country can offer. Even if it's something as minute as recycling items for cryptos,which can then be used to purchase clean water in third world countries that have such issues. (Just a random thought as many of them wont have an electronic device at the moment to transfer as easily as we do)

This has been tried and cas been total failures
look up ru(ssia)coin, chinacoin, americoin, us coin

tupacshomey

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

I have seen those fail, but they weren't made with that intention during those late nights someone was coding them. They were just quick throw outs that has become popular cause so many people are money hungry.

Today's world doesn't need a use to have something, we all buy the newest products when not needed. This is down the line which of course is in contrast to the original posting (apologies) but for right now its a survival of the fittest in this world... still a rush I wouldn't be getting sitting at a desk job waiting for 5 p.m. to hit.

It's still anybody's game...
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

It depends on the altcoins.
LTC has users, and btc do not have a lot of users actually (compared to miners).

knight22 (OP)
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:47:30 AM

It depends on the altcoins.
LTC has users, and btc do not have a lot of users actually (compared to miners).

There is a lot more user than miners using bitcoin, be sure of that.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:00:21 AM

Full of miners, empty of users. That's way they don't have merely any value.
Am I wrong?

What's your take on trading?

Many altcoins will fail but I do believe that quite a few will make it after bitcoin mining becomes nearly impossible.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 05:38:40 AM

Am I wrong?

Many altcoins will fail but I do believe that quite a few will make it after bitcoin mining becomes nearly impossible.
All of those shitcoins are worthless due to the fact that they can't be used for anything other than trading for Bitcoin (if the holders want to be able to cash out).

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:58:26 AM

Am I wrong?

Its no different to the early days of Bitcoin. It was at least a year or 2 before real services & uses became available and its value started to climb. Even then, the services etc were limited so it dropped back in price. As its uses continued to develop its value rose again. Altcoins are the same, however not all are being developed so only some will survive in the longer term..unless of course someone decides to release some services/uses for those that 'fail', in which case its value will increase...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:17:49 AM

Am I wrong?

Agree. Hopefully this will change in the next few years.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:24:42 AM

Am I wrong?

All of those shitcoins are worthless due to the fact that they can't be used for anything other than trading for Bitcoin (if the holders want to be able to cash out).

And bitcoin is barely used for anything other then trading for USD (or other fiat).
aa

Activity: 544

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 08:28:18 AM

Am I wrong?

And bitcoin is barely used for anything other then trading for USD (or other fiat).
Exactly. It's the biggest shitcoin of them all.

knight22 (OP)
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:23:27 PM

A lot of people are buying stuff with bitcoin (as I am). Bitcoin is probably being used more than you think

But why people will start using any altcoins if they can already use bitcoin for the same purposes?

skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:24:19 PM

A lot of people are buying stuff with bitcoin (as I am). Bitcoin is probably being used more than you think

But why people will start using any altcoins if they can already use bitcoin for the same purposes?
Why did people use Facebook when they had Myspace? Huh

Not that I think Bitcoin will get thrown of the throne soon, I can't see any alt coin doing that at the moment (but never say never). But I wont say, there won't come an altcoin in the future that will.

Imagine an altcoin with the same features as Bitcoin, but with instant transactions and no need to waist electricity on mining them (or uses the electricity for something really useful). Still sure people would prefer Bitcoin?

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:04:57 PM

Why did people use Facebook when they had Myspace? Huh

Not that I think Bitcoin will get thrown of the throne soon, I can't see any alt coin doing that at the moment (but never say never). But I wont say, there won't come an altcoin in the future that will.

Imagine an altcoin with the same features as Bitcoin, but with instant transactions and no need to waist electricity on mining them (or uses the electricity for something really useful). Still sure people would prefer Bitcoin?

Yes, because everybody else will be using BTC and you will be only one of a few using the new alt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: