Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin required to pay taxes?  (Read 1938 times)
Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:54:32 PM

Britain, Japan and so on are tax on Bitcoin, China's behavior such as Bitcoin transactions is not tax, which is why? What will happen?
If Bitcoin needs to pay taxes, what are the taxation links? Which taxes include?

You'll have to check on a case by case basis some countries wont tax it others will not sure in what manner though.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gulabsachdeva

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:57:31 PM

Yes it should be because it become legal
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:11:07 PM

Britain, Japan and so on are tax on Bitcoin, China's behavior such as Bitcoin transactions is not tax, which is why? What will happen?
If Bitcoin needs to pay taxes, what are the taxation links? Which taxes include?

Here in our country (Philippines) tax for bitcoin is not yet implemented, since many of our country men didn't take it seriously when it comes​ to bitcoin. Many still believes that bitcoin is just a scam, however I think maybe after few years, if they already have a knowledge with it, maybe thatd the time where taxes will enter.
sukatuku

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:09:13 AM

Although the legal framework for trading activities, virtual currency management, virtual property has not yet been finalized and it takes time to issue related legal documents, in practice. There have been cases occur and resolved in accordance with current law.
For example, in the case of Ben Tre province, on September 21, 1977, the Ben Tre Provincial People's Court decried the tax arrears of Mr. Nguyen Viet Cuong's case for electronic money exchange (bitcoin). The court found that there are no legal documents regulating digital money, virtual money are goods and services used for production and consumption in Vietnam, so the decision was made. Collection of tax arrears and decisions on settlement of complaints related to tax offices.
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:10:00 AM

I do not think that you need to pay taxes for bitcoin, otherwise the whole idea of ​​creating bitcoin will be lost!
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:23:35 AM

From 2017 onwards, tax authorities began to take seriously this unprecedented income. At this point, you'd better guarantee that you've done everything right with tax returns. It is now in the U.S. tax filing season that the IRS will not miss the part of the proceeds they deserve. From 2017 onwards, tax authorities began to take seriously this unprecedented income. At this point, you'd better guarantee that you've done everything right with tax returns.

Well the implementation will depend upon the country that you are residing on as some countries are lenient with its taxation. What makes cryptocurrency difficult to tax is its lack of any regulation among the government or any organization. Unlike any conventional investment tools present, cryptocurrencies tend to deviate from this norm since what determines its value is law of demand and supply- which makes it very distinct from the other investment tools. Although the same LAW may be utilized, its limited supply and intangible nature makes it difficult to have a stable value.

Here in our country (Philippines) tax for bitcoin is not yet implemented, since many of our country men didn't take it seriously when it comes​ to bitcoin. Many still believes that bitcoin is just a scam, however I think maybe after few years, if they already have a knowledge with it, maybe thatd the time where taxes will enter.

I somewhat agree from what you have stated. My colleague visited the BSP and they asked about cryptocurrencies and its status in our country. Based from what the lawyers said, they see bitcoin as a property rather as a currency- therefore making it inapplicable to legal tender. There may be insufficient laws catering to the taxation of bitcoin but once the government sees its potential, expect further regulations.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
poktur

Activity: 238

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:54:11 AM

Of course, this will create the trust of society and government, as a result of which there will be an agreement and settlement!

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:42:12 PM

It depends upon the country, in your country government put tax means you should the tax otherwise no need. I think still most of the countries didn’t put any tax for bitcoin. If the transaction is done for large amount then surely the government will think about tax in future. If the government put tax for bitcoin means that country would legalize the bitcoin. But at the same time few countries announced tax for using bitcoin.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
USDOLLAR

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:48:50 AM

In my view it is the right move in the way of legalizing tender of bitcoins in the particular country.Bitcoin must pay their fair taxes and it should be minimize.It will be beneficial to all either firms, companies,institutions, individuals or concern government.
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:07:05 PM

Each state has the right to establish on its territory any taxes and fees. Bitcoin and other decentralized crypto currency can not be an exception in this respect, as it brings significant profits to citizens. If such taxes are established, citizens will have to pay them. Moreover, it will have to be done, otherwise the state, taking into account its non-interest in spreading the decentralized crypto currency, can use this excuse to limit or even prohibit the circulation of the crypto currency. Therefore, it will be in the interests of the citizens themselves to pay taxes.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:50:14 PM

Taxation on your bitcoin income varies from country to country.

It depends on the specific laws that prevail in the respective countries.

While in some countries, there is full clarification as to how the bitcoin transactions will be taxed and there are no doubt to that.

But in other countries issue of legality of bitcoin is still dubious and not much clear.
fuding12

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:59:21 PM

In countries that have legalized it, Bitcoin holder is required to pay taxes. And what I know is, every country has a different tax regulation, bitcoin tax can be equated with income tax, it can also be calculated with capital gains.
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:14:32 AM

Here in the Philippines, it is not yet implemented that Bitcoin required taxes. In my research about that I read this information which verify that it is not yet required in the Philippines: Here is it 'The Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has not yet issued clear guidelines on the tax treatment of bitcoin transactions. However, it is clearly written in the internal revenue laws that any type of income earned by a Filipino citizen shall be taxed unless expressly exempted."
it is difficult to determine the fair value of bitcoin on buying and selling transactions. Bitcoin is very easy to change and there is a large price swing in one trading day.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:36:49 PM

At first, the attractiveness of bitcoin was partly due to the fact that it was not regulated and could be used in transactions to avoid tax obligations. But, Bitcoin is now listed on the exchange and has been paired with leading world currencies such as the US dollar and the euro.

Government authorities around the world soon realized that bitcoin attracted black marketers who could make illegal transactions. Sure, it is impossible for bitcoin to escape the tax authority radar for a long time.

All over the world, tax authorities have issued regulations on bitcoin. For example, the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said that bitcoin must be treated as an intangible and non-currency asset or property because it is not issued by a country's central bank. The treatment of Bitcoin as an asset makes tax implications clear.

The IRS has obliged to report bitcoin transactions in all types, no matter how small the value. So, every US taxpayer is required to keep records of all purchases, sales, investments in, or use bitcoin to pay for goods or services that the IRS considers barter.
vessing

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:14:50 AM

The solution of taxation issues is not only for the authorities, but for the market participants, since without a corresponding tax status, the crypto-currencies will remain outlawed, which means that market participants are defenseless against the arbitrariness of the same state: you do not pay taxes-you are a criminal, with clear consequences.
Danilotot

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:22:51 AM

so far I know bitcoin is no tax. except for reduced fees when it is converted. but I have heard that bitcoin will have taxa in the future. but it is only right for the goverment to give the tax all the money involved.
qwerty12

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:03:26 PM

Well, even though Bitcoin can be used like money, But Bitcoin is not considered a legal currency or payment instrument by the IRS or other countries. Instead, they consider Bitcoin to be a private property, such as gold or stocks.

For example, In 2014, the IRS stated the value of Bitcoin for US tax purposes is a fair market value in US dollars on the date it was received. Each transaction fee is added to the Bitcoin base. Unless you are in the business of buying or selling Bitcoin, they are capital assets. Your profit when you use it is taxed with the level of capital gains.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:56:48 PM

Well, even though Bitcoin can be used like money, But Bitcoin is not considered a legal currency or payment instrument by the IRS or other countries. Instead, they consider Bitcoin to be a private property, such as gold or stocks.

For example, In 2014, the IRS stated the value of Bitcoin for US tax purposes is a fair market value in US dollars on the date it was received. Each transaction fee is added to the Bitcoin base. Unless you are in the business of buying or selling Bitcoin, they are capital assets. Your profit when you use it is taxed with the level of capital gains.

Im still not sure if this is the case or not. I have been told both ways, so I don't know who to believe. Also this varies wildly throught jurisdictions, it's really very complex, which incentives people to just hold it, since we don't know what to expect.

For instance in the case of signature campaigns, I have been told that I don't need to report or pay anything until it is converted into fiat, then it's paid as capital gains.

At the same time other people told me that you are supposed to report it and it will be taxed as income gains.

The only thing I know is that I don't want to be the guy in which governments test things upon. So I will simply wait and see for this to be a more common event and have some solid evidence of what to expect and be ready for it, since I need to get all of my transactions assorted, right now it's a big mess, I need to figure out everything, and I have definitely lost some trading history on some exchanges which may be a problem in the future.. I really hate that.
F_Ivanov1993_

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:26:47 AM

Each country has its own laws and its own ways of earning money, whoever takes bitcoin and does not ask for taxes, and whoever wants to profit from everything.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:16:57 PM

Every country have their own policy for any new regulation.
IMO, it's important to pay tax because it's from us -> to us so both party have their own advantage.
Of course since cryptocurrency still new thing, it still need a process before everything went smooth !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: