Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Educational Ban: grant TMan and Jet Cash temporary ban powers  (Read 221 times)
Toughit (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:38:57 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 02:50:32 AM by Toughit

Proposal

Allow a few chosen members the power to do a 1 week ban on Newbie and Jr. Members whose posts are garbage.  Yes, someone will argue that all levels have garbage, but  start with the new ones first.

I believe that TMan and Jet Cash should have this power as they have shown themselves to be good judges based on their activity in the past. (yep, just my opinion)

When the ban occurs, the user should receive an email like this:

“Based on your recent posts, you have been banned for 1 week, please read the following topics and LEARN before posting:
Newbie read before posting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.msg16958010#msg16958010
theymos merit posting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Examples:
need to merit for bounty

i am not being merited yet...
hope so its important...
I don't think merit is the best way.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:18:55 AM

Maybe it will be fair if it is until your rank, dont make an idea to make another rule that exclude your rank. Not all newbies and Jr's post are the only trash here. There is also a high rank shitposters.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:11:12 AM

TMAN and Jet Cash don't have time to check every Newbie and Jr.Member they come across with while doing things in their respective time.

And it isn't appropriate to ban someone if they didn't broke the rules at the first place.

You just don't know that someone is working behind the scene I clearly remember it like it happened yesterday that I was banned for bumping a thread that I thought wasn't against the rules. I was not allowed to wear a Signature for 2 or 3 weeks back then.
but it helps me to discover the community in more depth details.

if that situation bestow to someone else they might produce the same or better results as I did.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:48:48 AM

TMAN and Jet Cash don't have time to check every Newbie and Jr.Member they come across with while doing things in their respective time.

This - Although I would love to just press a button and autoban any Pajeet asking about merit or anything when the answer  is on the same page I don't have the free time to be active like that.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 08:49:10 AM

Wow! This thread is a bit of a shock for me, and I'm flattered that you think I would be a suitable candidate for this. I don't think that I am though, and I think the existing mods are doing a good job under difficult circumstances. I agree that they could do with a bit of extra help. I can't offer my services as I am making quite a few changes to my life at the moment, and I have got a lot of millstones from the past to shed. Also, I don't want to get too involved in the altcoin world. There are a couple of alternative coins that I am exploring - Steem is one, and another is WAX on the Ethereum backbone, but I don't want to spend time looking at the thousands of other alternatives that are being pushed.

I've learnt a lot from the members at Bitcoin Talk, but I am only a Bitcoin investor, and not a Bitcoin trader, and my knowledge is based on the use of Bitcoin in the world economy, rather than the technical aspects of Bitcoin. The new belt and road initiative by China means that the UK should focus much more on Asia, than on the failing European Union, which can't have much longer to contnue in existence. Some of the Asian members of Bitcoin Talk are extremely competent and knowledgeable, and a few of them have not embraced english as an alternative language. I think it would be beneficial if they could be drawn onto the main boards of Bitcoin Talk, and this is why I started the english initiative threads. I just wish it was possible to exclude the sig spammers with no interest in Bitcoin.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:06:04 PM

If you'd like users ti be able to ban people than make something like a Tribunal  Grin
I mean, you'd be getting "cases" of reported posts (example: page of the reported post) and everyone whos a higher rank can vote on it, + and -, so it would be something like 10 - and it's a strike or something like that. Also, the cration of such page would be quite simple and the very process of reporting a post would be simple task, you'd need to post the url of the page where that post it, name of the poster and nothing else.

Because, as you can see, people don't have time to police around the forum non stop.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:29:53 PM

I think you need to be anomalous (sic) if you are going to ban people, and you also need to keep your identity secret. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:47:06 PM

I would firstly ban the OP, until he found the report button and helps moderators, instead of opening the 1000st thread about spammers.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:00:20 PM

Just to clarify based on your examples you are only banning people who are either begging for merits or people who don't like the new merit system? If so I don't think it is a good idea as issuing a ban for merit begging is too much. I think we should not implement this thing as they are already not receiving the merits they want for begging. Also the sMerits being shared is monitored by our active members.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: